IKEA Employee Review

Professional and structured environment
Cash Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 August 2013
IKEA is a fun, interesting and unique work environment. Co-workers and management are treated like equals and the environment is reasonably calm for a retail setting. I learned a lot about the inner workings of a large retail store like this, how the cash on hand is handled and how the store compiles, stores and reports it's flow of money.
The hardest part of the job was very clearly getting used to the very dated way of running their batch reports every morning. But after a couple weeks of training and repeatedly going through the process myself, I eventually got used to it.
My favorite and most enjoyable part of the job was working in an office environment and the daily interactions with all of the wonderful people that work there. It truly is a great place to work and I'm very thankful that I had the opportunity to be there.

Other IKEA Employee Reviews

LOVED working here
Activities Team leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2017
I wish I could go back, I absolutely loved it there!!! I found everyone was on the same level. A lot of people stay there for many years. The benefits are great. You can work there in another department if you loved ones work there. Staff lounge has their own soft drink machines, and lunch is provided for staff at a discounted price. Christmas parties were so much fun.
Pros
Each employee gets a christmas gift
Cons
Not enough staff sometimes
Fun place to work, benefits are great
After Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON25 November 2017
Fun place to work overall, managers are generally helpful and friendly. Benefits are great, pay used to be extremely competitive compared to other companies.
Pros
benefits, employee perks, bonuses
Cons
long hours, irate customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IKEA. Our community is ready to answer.