IKEA Employee Reviews in Canada

Terrible experience
Check out services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 15, 2016
I did not enjoy working here at all. Some of the associates were awesome. The managers had fake attitudes. They gossiped about you instead of telling you what you were doing wrong. I felt uncomfortable and miserable there and would often come home feeling depressed. Not to mention they cut my hrs severely. Their excuse was, they thought I was going back to school. I knew that was a lie. I never wanna go there again
Pros
Awesome coworkers and discounts
Cons
Management, short hours
Place That Needs To Show More Respect to their Employees
Self Serve CoWorker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 11, 2016
At first the job was alright, understandably I was to go through the learning process before promotion however no matter what I would do to advance through the company it seems like everything that I had done over and above expectations was blown off by managers.

My work schedule has failed to accommodate my life schedule and it feels like I'm only meant to work IKEA without any concern for my life out of work. I'm tired and stressed and unfortunately it has changed my attitude at the work place.

The Coworkers can be from anywhere from friendly and helpful to lazy and uncooperative I feel like the pack mule most of the time at work. Most times I feel as if we are understaffed 9/10 causing more pressure to myself and others on the floor.

All in all IKEA seems to be a decent company but I would seriously reconsider applying to this company. It's not worth it for your sanity unless you are all in for IKEA
Pros
Lunch Discounts
Cons
Irratic Scheduling, Glass Ceiling Promotion, Managers Seem to care but don't
delivering the stuff through gta
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONAugust 3, 2016
it was job with busy schedule and tight deadlines. I learned good communication skills at this job. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with new customers.
Dishwasher
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  1311 102 St NW, Edmonton, AB T6N 1M3July 19, 2016
A typical day was hot inside a small room filled with hot water and steam. I learned about how to properly clean dishes, stack dishes and put dishes away. My manager's were accomidating and understanding. My co-workers were talkitive and would always joke about the heat. The hardest part about working at Ikea was trying to keep the water out of my shoes. The most enjoyable part was the environment and the free lunches/ dinners.
Fun family style workplace
Sales Coworker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 7, 2016
-I learned lots about furniture / home decorating
-management can sometimes be a little cliquey but overall ok
-the coworkers I interacted with were awesome
-hardest part of the job was dealing with tricky customers
-most enjoyable part of the job was the perks and staff parties
Pros
staff cafeteria and occaional free lunches
Cons
a lot of walking
productive place
Cart Attendant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCJuly 4, 2016
The company has a good review. My coworkers are easy and fun to be with. The management is being helpful. I learn to be patient and to multitask.
Pros
Dental and medical benefits
Cons
Short hours
Fun place to work for
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJune 29, 2016
In general the crowd I work with are very friendly and fun to work with. There is always a nice and upbeat atmosphere when I come to work.
Team work
worker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 17, 2016
The team work at IKEA with the co worker is very appreciable. All the co worker are very helpful and the management is good too
Ikea
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJune 15, 2016
typical day.... 5-8 hrs shift.
I learned how to respect other team players.
Hardest part....patience.
Most enjoyable...working in busy environment
Warehouse Order Picker
Full-Serve Picker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 13, 2016
With my experience with Ikea. Management was not the best. My respinding Managers never ever! communicated. They hired to many people that diminished the hours. We were a "team" of 15 plus 2 managers. 7 people where full-time and the rest were part time. I quit ikea because they really just pushed me away from ikea. I tried to voice my opinion and it was ignored. I will never shop or anything with ikea ever again.
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
Management, wage, discount and advancement.
excellent adventure
Kitchen Sales (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 4, 2016
great place to work and meet interesting people from all over world, progressive and supportive company with many positives, able to impart knowledge easily and fundamentally to consumers
Pros
great environment
Cons
shift scheduling changes weekly
Great and comfortable work environment
Returns Co-Worker (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJune 1, 2016
IKEA is a great company to work for. The management is very inviting and is easy to learn how it works. It is great to interact with customers and overall a wonderful team of co-workers.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 1, 2016
Is was a fun experience kind of hard but who doesn't like a challenge great vibe and really somewhere where you feel like a family member.
Inclusive & inspiring business culture
SALES COWORKER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 31, 2016
A typical day at work would most likely take place on the sales floor, and consist of communicating product and safety knowledge with customers. This would include providing an understanding of product use, designing furniture systems within the IKEA range to suit the customers needs, and ensuring a level of quality satisfaction. In many seperate instances, I could also be found constructing IKEA furniture for Showroom display, leading sales training intiatives, creating sales graphics, and leading charitable promotions. The workplace was always fun and occasionally challenging which creates a very satisfying retail environment to be apart of.
Pros
Great Coworkers, Health Benefits
Cons
Lack of flexibility around school
awesome place with great management
co-worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 22, 2016
i always loved coming into work. the managers always seemed to happy to help and my coworkers were awesome. the environment was welcoming and the customers were also always great.
Great Company
Kitchen Planner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 5, 2016
Very good company , well managed , long hours
middle management needs more training
fun atmosphere , friendly co workers
Pros
free lunched
Diverse environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 5, 2016
Loved the diversity of this workplace. Amazing co-workers that were extremely kind when I was new. They were very helpful during my training period.
Benefits
Cons
Standing
Excellent wor place.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 1, 2016
Thumps up ! My rule of life is work to your best and one day you will get paid for it. Just do it! Give your best and result will appear in any form or shape.
Dishwasher review IKEA
Restaurant Attendant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONApril 10, 2016
great starting job good work ethic nice people good student high school job good training. supportive co-workers the training was good.
Fantastic working with IKEA Canada
N/A (Former Employee) –  N/AMarch 31, 2016
IKEA Canada personnel were very professional and knowledgeable. I've worked on 6 projects with IKEA Canada to date and there is more work to follow in the future!