IKEA Employee Review

Working as a manager at IKEA
Customer Service/ Home Delivery Team Lead (Current Employee) –  East Palo Alto, CA30 June 2014
Being on the manager team at IKEA was a learning experience. I learned to take pride in my work and ownership in the everyday run of my department. My day consist of sales of Home Delivery level concentrating on Same Day deliveries as well as next day deliveries to cut down on cost of sweet trucks and damages/missing merchandise. One of my main part of my job was to monitor real time delivery by running the no delivery report, data precision and data Quality report my goal for the transportation company was to meet the goal of 95% on all three reports if goal was not met it would be put on an agenda for monthly meeting. I had 13 direct reports and we work as a team ensuring that our customers received a positive shopping experience and that were valued customer when they arrived at the home delivery counter. The hardest part of my job would be when I could not come up with a reasonable solution that would make my customer happy. The most enjoyable part of the my job was recognizing my team or a coworker for a job well done.
Pros
Bonuses, discounted lunches
Cons
not enough management coverage during peak days and weekends

Other IKEA Employee Reviews

LOVED working here
Activities Team leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2017
I wish I could go back, I absolutely loved it there!!! I found everyone was on the same level. A lot of people stay there for many years. The benefits are great. You can work there in another department if you loved ones work there. Staff lounge has their own soft drink machines, and lunch is provided for staff at a discounted price. Christmas parties were so much fun.
Pros
Each employee gets a christmas gift
Cons
Not enough staff sometimes
Fun place to work, benefits are great
After Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON25 November 2017
Fun place to work overall, managers are generally helpful and friendly. Benefits are great, pay used to be extremely competitive compared to other companies.
Pros
benefits, employee perks, bonuses
Cons
long hours, irate customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IKEA. Our community is ready to answer.