IKEA Employee Review

Great employer that covers most needs of the employee!
LOGISTICS ADMINISTRATOR (SSS SPECIALIST) (Former Employee) –  East Palo Alto, CA12 June 2013
Depending on title and responsibilities, a normal day at IKEA has a certain structure derived from working procedures involved. The experience gained from my employment with IKEA was vast relative to time, specifically, the operational supply chain processes of a large retail corporation, the human element and its productivity value and the role that communication plays in large corporations. Due to its size, management is fairly compartmentalized and structured, with communication being essential, it does a great job when processes are maintained, however implementation of all processes can be difficult. Generally, most co-workers were competent, professional and a pleasure to work with. The most difficult part of my job was effective communication with my manager and the most rewarding aspect was the interaction and communication with co-workers and customers.
Pros
lots of resources for employees
Cons
corporate structures that can be rigid

Other IKEA Employee Reviews

LOVED working here
Activities Team leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2017
I wish I could go back, I absolutely loved it there!!! I found everyone was on the same level. A lot of people stay there for many years. The benefits are great. You can work there in another department if you loved ones work there. Staff lounge has their own soft drink machines, and lunch is provided for staff at a discounted price. Christmas parties were so much fun.
Pros
Each employee gets a christmas gift
Cons
Not enough staff sometimes
Fun place to work, benefits are great
After Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON25 November 2017
Fun place to work overall, managers are generally helpful and friendly. Benefits are great, pay used to be extremely competitive compared to other companies.
Pros
benefits, employee perks, bonuses
Cons
long hours, irate customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IKEA. Our community is ready to answer.