IKEA Employee Review

Diverse clientele problem solving
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  East Palo Alto, CA19 March 2014
Punctuality is very important once you clock in have to get on the floor ready to do chores and help customers. Checking tags for products, making sure products are in good condition. Building furniture on the floor while helping customers.I am a senior co-worker so I am asked to get chores done for the day then I delegate the chores to all the co-workers.
Some of the Management is supportive and see your hard-work and some don't. The Store Manager is friendly but does not take time to know her old staff and what role they play in the department.
The enjoyable part of work is the diversity of the work environment.
Pros
Benefits, $3.00 lunch.
Cons
No growth for internal staff unless you know someone in management.

Other IKEA Employee Reviews

Reputable Company to work for
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 February 2018
Great company great environment, Loved meeting new people on a daily basis. One needs to be physically fit with a good attitude and know how to handle stress. Responsibility is key and as much as it is challenging at times its very well worth it. Highly recommend this company for sure.
Pros
Challenging and rewarding
Loved it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 February 2018
This was my favourite job. The only reason I left is that I was having trouble getting the hours I wanted. Loved all the managers and other staff. It was an amazing job overall and would highly recommend them to anyone.
Pros
$4.00 lunches and a decent discount
Cons
Difficulty moving into a full time role.