IKEA

IKEA Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Easy-going and mature environment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 31, 2016
I found Ikea to be a great place to gather experience in the retail world. Everyone knows everyone and is willing to help you no matter what.
Very good place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Limited space
IKEA provides staff with an amazing work environment. They are very flexible with schedules as they believe in work-life balance. The pay is competitive and the benefits are excellent.
A welcoming and fun environment
Sales Associate / Builder (Former Employee), North York, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: Flexible schedules, Employee Discount
Cons: Constantly on your feet
I had truly a good time at IKEA and like how management included people in the day-to-day operation of the store. They constantly trained staff in ways to improve providing services. If you needed assistance, they were willing to help in anyway they can, I loved their accommodating ways. It's a great place to work, but wished they hired more full-time people and the pay was better, I would have stayed otherwise. Great employer, if you find a good opportunity to work there, head right over.
Good
Sales Floor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 25, 2016
Everything is well done. Everyone is great, not a bad position for a student. I would definitely recommend ikea. So much better than walmart
Good hours, lazy co-workers
Carts (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 22, 2016
Hours were good but hard to adjust availability
Felt like I was never properly trained
Difficult to communicate with other co-workers
Great place to be a coop student
Cooperative Education Student (Former Employee), Ottawa West, ONJanuary 9, 2016
Cons: When a customer shows up to ask a question it lowers productivity
Although I have only "worked" at Ikea as a cooperative education student for high school, I would gladly work here more. Not only were Ikea's coworkers were welcoming but they were also very fun to be around. Despite being in just the Recovery department (the As-Is section to most), I personally enjoyed building the furniture and learning how to put together new products when they came in. Management and supervisors were really fun to be around as they do let loose quite bit while being serious on the job which basically means you won't have to worry about hating your boss.
Very friendly work environment and simple.
Restocking, handling merchandises and sales (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 8, 2016
Pros: Lunches are cheap, steady work to get by the day
Cons: pretty bad shifts at times
Coworkers are pretty nice and friendly. Management can be pretty clique.

Work is pretty steady and easy until rush hour hits but very manageable.

Hardest part of the job is probably on a really busy day things can get hectic.
Outstanding Company to work for
Office Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee), Richmond, BCDecember 14, 2015
Pros: 10% off merchandise! friendly staff.
Cons: Only part time work
A tropical day at work was busy, fast pace environment totally enjoyed it. I learned about different office proceedures, management was outstanding, co-workers were helpful, hardest part of the job was understanding the IKEA way of running a business, very interesting way. Most enjoyable part of the job was the environment was clean, enjoyable.
Fun and Enjoyable company to work for.
Cashier (Former Employee), North York, ONDecember 8, 2015
I love working at Ikea because of its diversity of employees.

Everyday is different. Full of challenges due to the variety of people that shops there.

Management is amazing to its employees and work ethic is strong.
I would not have left IKEA if I hadn't got the job with APPLE
Recovery Assistant (Former Employee), Richmond, BCDecember 6, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: union
I liked to work in this place just because of the reason that I loved the products they sell and the discount you get as an employee. The management team was absolutely supportive of your work. the biggest thing that turned me off was the unionized employee system which I didn't approve of in my mind, and that which came true 6 months after I left the organization. the Richmond store was on strike for more than 1 year and 10 months which I would say was due to the bad or irresponsible action form the union that was running it.
greatplace too work
Temp Position-Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 20, 2015
Pros: great people too work with
Cons: was only temp wish i could of staied.
i worked in the warehouse as a order picker.
put stock awaywhen skids came in the night before.
i learnt more skills on being a order picker witch was good.
the ikea group are a great group of people too work with.
my boss was good too me tought me new things every day.
An enjoyable experience
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 4, 2015
Pros: the cafeteria hotdogs :)
Cons: bus route
I was blessed enough to have a very hard working boss. He taught me hands on and made sure I got things right. My job was easy to mess up so I stayed focused with his assistance.
Good enough
Logistics Coworker (Former Employee), Richmond, BCOctober 23, 2015
Pros: subsidised staff lunches and 15% Employee discount.
Cons: I am legally obligated to represent IKEA in the best possible way.
IKEA Canada is as good a place to work as any other warehouse or customer service company. I can not comment on the food service portion, because I did not work in that department. The wages are not industry standard, whatever they might claim, but they are not horrible either.
IKEA
Ikea line cook (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCOctober 20, 2015
a typical day at work consists of dealing over hundreds of customers a day and as a line cook I must prepare food on time for hundreds of customers. Its a very clean environment and must be well groomed.
Both heavy and light lifting
Mover (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 19, 2015
Pros: Work in an open world and good salary.
Cons: Traffic problems
Well I'm a mover in this company and love to do this job because this job is moving from one place to another. Moreover, it was a customer service job.
Excellent Customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee), North York, ONOctober 16, 2015
Once a customer at IKEA was at the self checkout lane. they tried to conceal without paying for the items I observed and approached very professionally. In a such manner I notified the customer that they have missed few items. I made sure they paid the items without offending the customer. this was reported to manager and was appreciated my IKEA for making sure there was no loss to the company.
Great part time job during high school.
Full Serve Warehouse Operator (Former Employee), Calgary AlbertaOctober 14, 2015
Pros: coworkers / the pay / the flexibility
Cons: none
Easily the friendliest place in Calgary!
IKEA is a great company with fun & happy coworkers.
it felt like i was part of a team that cared foe each other.
The management was filled of smart caring individuals that understood the importance of schooling.
Fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 12, 2015
Pros: flexible
amazing work environment, good people, lost of learning, great policy's. Understanding their customers and fulfilling their needs and wants.
Don't appreciate you in the long run.
Recovery Associate/sales associate (Former Employee), Burlington, ONOctober 10, 2015
Good pay and great benefits..... HR is a different story. Some half decent managers but a few should not be at all. Great hours having weekends off and having a 15%discount on purchases was not bad as well.
Fun work place with many social events
Customer Service (Former Employee), 9090 cavendishSeptember 9, 2015
Pros: friendly environment with a fully stock kitchen
Cons: management was changing and leaving groups with no teamleaders
The morning started with a meeting before phone lines opened up. Our call center was the main call center responsible for all 12 stores across Canada. In customer service we received many calls from store hours, to if item was still in stock. Our resolution department it was for delivery inquiries to missing items from delivery and item being received damaged, etc.
Revenue