IHS, Inc.

IHS, Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Best place to work in
IT Associate II (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 29, 2014
Good people to work with. Great culture. Lots of opportunities.
Productive and great Environment
Senior Accounts Payable (Current Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCDecember 21, 2012
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: job security
Reveiwing and Posting Invoices and Expenses
Great Co-Workers
Flexible
Easy going work environment
Good Environment working place
Data Analyst (Current Employee), HyderabadApril 11, 2014
Good knowledge based company providing Excellent services to customer with best quality.
a business unlike any other
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Englewood, CO 80112April 1, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: growing too fast
IHS provides information, analytics, and expertise for main-stream industries through subscriptions to online applications.

IHS is growing through acquisitions and is attempting to integrate data, products, and a broad user base in a very aggressive/fast pace.
aggressive with inorganic growth
Senior product manager (Former Employee), NY, NYFebruary 27, 2014
people are nice there. they are trying to integrate many cos. that they purchased
Key Account
Key Account (Former Employee), Paris, A8January 14, 2014
My first job after gratuated,
It gave me the possibility to increase and to learn about the international business.
Shareholder-centric
Analyst (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: shareholder-centric, inconsistent culture
IHS is a giant public corporate monster that works very hard to convince employees it's small and friendly. Your entire professional trajectory at IHS -- what you're paid, if and when you're promoted, your internal opportunities, your paltry raises -- depends on stock price movement and the size of major shareholders' returns. Pressure to increase revenue – more... is everywhere, and constant. I was lucky to have two good managers who encouraged quality work and tried to temper the buzzword-packed corporate messaging. My team was also filled with smart, dedicated people who generally enjoyed their jobs but struggled with IHS as a company. Upper management frequently come off as aloof, out of touch politicians obsessed with revenue. IHS continues to favor acquisitions over organic growth, resulting in a fragmented, disorganized, and inconsistent company culture. – less
A fun work place.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Sells, AZNovember 18, 2013
My day was an 8-5 day came in an stocked after breakfast an set up for lunch. I learned how and what to make for different patients with different symptoms, our director was a very hard working woman. she always came in on time made sure we did what we was suppose to do an she also showed me what to do, my co-workers were also hard working women. they – more... worked long and tiring hours and sometimes 7 days a week. the hardest part was leaving. I had got use to working there. it was hard for me to say good bye. the most enjoyable part was me being able to make somebody smile when they seen me at the register every morning. – less
Good Workplace
Component Engineer (Current Employee), Bangalore, KANovember 13, 2013
Pros: food coupons(sodexo)
It is a very good workplace with good supporting team, Scope to learn about tools
Good management
ENGINEER (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAOctober 15, 2013
The company is really good in terms of cultural and fun activities with job security and freedom for each and every individual to implement their ideas.
Fantastic Company
HR Administrator (Former Employee), Englewood, COOctober 1, 2013
Fantastic company. Did not like the way the possibly of outsourcing was handled in my department but one of the richest companies I have ever worked for!
Information Operations Analyst
IHS (Former Employee), Englewood, COSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: great people to work with great communication from ceo
Cons: job security
Last position held at IHS Information Operations Analyst (1yr)

A typical day as an Analyst my team members worked in other states and overseas with the exception of my supervisor. I worked on
Customer Survey results analyzing and reporting information to the departs that were impacted by the survey.Offering recommendations on were they might work on – more... to positively impact customer delight.

The hardest part of my job was I didn't have enough work, although I repeatedly request additional work.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with other teams. Setting up projects and bringing groups together to work towards customer delight.

Prior to working as an Analyst other areas I worked in were Supervising team in Content Experts for Data, Retail Purchasing and Inventory Control, Order Fulfillment of retail orders, Receiving of goods including retail data, and Quality Assurance.

Due to organizational changes my last team I supervised (Content Expert Data) was disbanded and absorbed into existing groups. At this time I was moved to an Information Operations Analyst under a different part of the business and under a new team of management. – less
Professional and comfortable with a variety of bright people from all parts of the world to work with.
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: convenience! lunch rooms with coffee, water etc. on our floor. free parking.
Cons: health plan was not good. deductible was extremely high, so you has to always pay out of pocket.
Great working environment. Professional and pleasant working atmosphere. Fellow employees were a pleasure to work with. They offered me a job at their corporate office in Colorado, but, it is necessary for me to stay in Texas, if my aging parents should need me. I am an only sibling. I enjoyed going to work everyday.
Marketing manager responsible for weekly newsletter, targeted emails, SEO and web-based articles
Marketing Manager - Senior Editor (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAAugust 14, 2013
Pros: flexible schedules, good pay, good co-workers
Cons: lack of communication
During my time at IHS I learned about the ins and outs of working in web-based marketing and how targeted direct emails can benefit a company's overall status and stature. I also was able to hon my skills as a press release writer and the ability to continue to write about a variety of electronics.
Great Vision, Execution leaves a bit to be desired.
Senior Manager - Consulting (Former Employee), Lexington, MAJuly 13, 2013
Pros: great business model, excellent total compensation, great colleagues
Cons: breakdown betwen senior management and rank and file, do as i say not as i do - lip service to values
This is a great company as far as it mission and stated values. Unfortunately mid to senior management undercut them by their behavior. There is a great deal of time spent on touting the values and the top most senior managers believe it however it quickly gets lost below that. It's a public company so performance is important, unfortunately the values – more... are thrown out the windows by may of the senior managers in a make the numbers not matter what mentality – less
I give this IHS a three out of five to work at.
PACS Administrator/Lead Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Rosebud, SDJune 18, 2013
Benefits are great, however there is little room to advance.
Efficient and Healthy working environment
Intern (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HRJune 10, 2013
Pros: free lunch meals
Cons: less interactive
IHS is a consulting firm which deals in Automotive Industries.All the employees are very specialised and cooperative here. Work environment is very healthy.
It depends on which department you end up
Software Engineer (Current Employee), AberdeenApril 19, 2013
Pros: 35 hours of work a week (better than most companies around)
Cons: no investment in people
Our former company was doing great, good growth, good business, and we were getting rewarded for it, provided with the best tools to do our job, and a substantial bonus (for everybody in the company).

We were obviously doing too good, and got bought by IHS.

Now, we're asked to do the same job, with less time, bureaucratic red tapes, with no investment – more... in proper technologies, with no budget for training, no more team building. All the money the company is making will be given to the high managers as bonuses or used to buy some more companies. As well as you can perform in your job, you won't get rewarded by a good pay rise or a bonus. At least, that's how it is in my department.

However it's a bit like a lottery: it looks like it varies a lot depending on the department and the managers you're working for. – less
Nice people
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 27, 2013
Great work/life balance. Stable company. Good benefits. Growing company.
great place to work
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAMarch 25, 2013
Pros: big company, great benifits
Cons: competing products
Small team with variable resources across the world.
Learn to work end to end on web applications in the latest technologies.
flexibility of hours and tele-commuting.