IGT Employee Review

GTECH provides outstanding opportunities and rewards for self-motivated, talented and industrious individuals.
Specific Titles are listed below (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI23 August 2013
GTECH provides a challenging environment to stretch individual skills and experiences in a way that is structured for success.

A typical work day is 90% unpredictable and perfect for those who live for excitement. A sample day could be:

* Re-evaluate the priorities for the day to ensure any developments during the previous night are considered.
* Attend team meetings to provide direction and vision to empower the team to work efficiently toward to goal.
* Engage in/initiate impromptu meetings with customers and stakeholders to understand concerns/expectations/desires and keep open communication.
* Develop creative solutions for change requests during a development stream.
* Manage multiple project budgets within the overall budget to ensure expectations are met.
* Review each aspect of the waterfall lifecycle of each project.
* Provide prompt feedback to individual team members to ensure recognition/constructive feedback/encouragement are appropriately conveyed.
* Coordinate implementation teams to execute according to established deployment processes and compliance with CMMi best practices.

Through this experience, I've learned there is always a solution and anything can be accomplished when you refrain from tunnel vision and invite your resources to collaborate. Everyone has something to contribute and when input is dismissed, you have thrown away a potential opportunity and stunted future contributions.

The culture is that of a family. There are disagreements, laughter, misunderstandings and a tremendous amount of commitment. The people make the job worthwhile.
  more...

The hardest part of the job is the tendency to over-extend yourself when the best course of action is to bring in the appropriate resources and bring yourself up another 1,000 feet to evaluate the big picture.

The most rewarding part of the job is to take a customer request that appears to be impossible and turn it into the next great product offering and sharing that experience with your coworkers.
Pros
Watching individuals grow beyond what they expected is extremely motivating, particularly when you are able to celebrate with awards, dinners, and happy hours. The team gets closer and the synergy just explodes.
Cons
The challenges of limited resources and the need to evaluate what will not get done.

Other IGT Employee Reviews

Run Away from Fraud and Security department
Fraud and Security (Former Employee) –  North York, ON7 December 2017
Poor management, poor or no training, you are supposed to know everything and supervisors does not like question.
Supervisors are not helpful and are mean. I would never recommend working in the company.
Manager does not know what is going on in the department.
Pros
Cons
Chaos, unorganized, poor benefits and payment, poor leadership and poor compensation
Germain Wright (Department Manager) (Current Employee) –  North York, ON3 November 2017
Working at IGT has provided me with flexibility skills that reinforced my previous abilities, on a weekly basis I had to adapt to new promotions being ran by PlayOLG, then we had to maintain the standards previously set. New technologies were introduced. therefore it was a must that we adapt to using new software and had to make sure that our customers understood how to operate the slot machines, online, and on their mobile devices as well.

Working at a night shift while at IGT was a bit challenging for me, but after doing the job for a couple of months, I would say I was able to manage the situation accordingly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IGT. Our community is ready to answer.