IGT

IGT Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
STAY AWAY! With IGT, innovation = copying the competition.
Quality Tester (Former Employee), Reno, NevadaApril 4, 2014
Pros: free parking. flex hours, casual dress code, and reno's climate.
Cons: everything else.
Imagine working your duff off for 2 years, then having the company bring your entire department into a meeting just to tell your group, that everybody is fired. All just for politics. Read all of the other Indeed reviews with regard to job security the the company.

I see creative, productive people get fired while the worthless duff-kissers keep their – more... jobs. If you want to get into Slot Machine Development, try WMS, Bally, Aristocrat, or Konami. – less
Fun, fast paced environment
Shipping Compliance and Auditing, Temp (Former Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 21, 2014
I enjoyed working with the slot machines and getting into the warehouse industry. Working for IGT made me want alot more work just like it
Reno 911
Director (Former Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: free parking; zero accountability; if you dont like someone you can just ignore them
Cons: soul crushing morale, reno mentality dominates, tech wanna be, incompetent management team, zero innovation, losing market share by the minute
Do you love politics? Are you a great butt kisser? Can you deal with a new boss every 6 months? Constant reorgs? An endless rotation of clueless new managers telling you what to do? Do you know how to look busy but not do anything? Are you fluent in monkey? Does your family have 4-generation deep roots in Reno, Nevada -- ideally the same block (you – more... better not pronounce it wrong) with only subtle inbreeding?

If you said yes to these ... this is the place for you!

Superbowl of politics ... they have a 'peak performer' program which is an internal joke -- employees who get recognized for that are just great butt kissers .. the list of idiots given that 'honor' is a mile long.

Looks good on a resume, do your year or two here then move on. – less
Good Career Company
Project Manager (Current Employee), Reno, NVDecember 21, 2013
I enjoyed working at IGT but some management needed to be replaced.
The people and software are outdated
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 17, 2013
I have learned a lot here. Mainly I found a lot of resistance when trying to implement Scrum and Agile methodologies. The job was really interesting, my team was great but the old fashioned processes had to change.
good place to work
AppleOne Contractor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 17, 2013
great place to work, good people. Management was good, there was not a hard part of the job.
IGT Laid off Employees to Meet Wall Street
NA (Former Employee), Las VegasNovember 16, 2013
Pros: pay, great peers
Cons: cut-throat, not employee-centric at all
Many employees were laid off and health benefits were lowered for employees that are still there all to meet wall street expectations, There is no 360 management review, so as long as a manager or director manages "up" well, s/he can abuse their direct reports without repercussion.
making reservation
Process Associate (Former Employee), New Delhi, DLNovember 15, 2013
Pros: free
i had work with this company it was great full to work with that all the team members are really helpful and the environment was friendly.............
OK opportunities if you're originally from Reno
Senior Artist (Former Employee), Reno, NVOctober 28, 2013
Pros: ok pay and benefits
Cons: unqualified managers, cut throat enviroment
IGT in Reno is typical of most Reno businesses, but the dysfunction is more pronounced because of the corporate environment. That is, if you were born in Reno, went to a Reno high school, and took at least one class at UNR, you're golden. Managers are threatened by outside talent and will fabricate conflict or flat out lie through their teeth to keep – more... others from revealing their incompetence. IGT has lost millions due to shoddy management, yet most of these people are still in key positions. – less
A company in transition - Big Companies do not handle change well
Software Engineer (Former Employee), las vegas, nvOctober 21, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: extremely political
Trying to transform itself from a manufacturing company to a software as a service provider/interactive content (gambling) provider. Extremely political with lots of entrenched middle managers trying to project themselves and their salaries.
Loved working a different casino daily
Slot Machine Service Technician (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 26, 2013
This job was fun working at all of the different casinos in Las Vegas and thru out Southern Nevada. The management was fair and approachable. Awesome company parties!
Employee friendly with growth opportunities
Customer Service (Former Employee), Gurgaon, IndiaJune 14, 2013
Pros: incentives, overtime, dinner or lunch coupons, vouchers.
Cons: pf(provident fund), breaks, leaves
The best day at the work was awarded as Best Employee of the month...
The best part I learned the Time Value as we have to solve the customer queries with in the time limit and the target given. Management was exemplary.
My co-workers were very good we always have competition which encourage us for the work and the growth.
The hardest part is the working – more... hours and to convince the new jonnies to do 24/7 working hours and specifically night shifts.
Enjoyable part is to interact with new people. – less
IGT Stable, well compensating employer
Sr. Systems and Network Administrator (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 2, 2013
Pros: pay, bonuses, profit sharing
Cons: repetitive, easy
My time at IGT was marked by turmoil and clash of a traditional company acquiring an Internet property (Wagerworks). IGT seemed to take a lot of time to determine where to place all of the new talent they had and tried to find a place for the Internet technologies. A lot of talented people work here, and they have very nice compensation and management – more... as with most places can be hit or miss. I enjoyed my time at WagerWorks, very valuable learning, hard but rewarding work. Integration into IGT was another matter, they have a talented team but a stable and repetitive product so the work was standard, easy and less intellectually rewarding, though the compensation was very good.

IGT is a very good company, just not the same as the company for which I was originally hired, so the culture shock may have me rate them a tad lower than they should be.

I would recommend for anyone to work there. – less
Central Design Engineer
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: built-in cafeteria, built-in workout area, large bonuses
Cons: pcb development in las vegas was being phased-out
Performed schematic capture and PCB layout. Testing and diagnosing field problems. Worked closely with purchasing to resolve component sourcing issues. Learned to work with a broader swath of people on multiple issues. Got along fine with all three managers and all employees. The hardest part of the job was not knowing if I was going to have a job the – more... next day. IGT was in the middle of large scale layoffs and slowly transitioning workforce to China. The most enjoyable part of the job was being the primary source for all board designs (PGIC not IGT). – less
Never work here, the worst place to work
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Reno, NVDecember 26, 2012
Pros: i do not know. if you play good politics, not to work, then it is right place for you.
Cons: the benefits gets smaller, work gets more with the time, they can not produce anything which stands out, no future, lot of politics in the company, stay away from this company
Bad management, CEO approval rating is about 20%. No body has clue what they are doing. All the benefits are getting cut, no raises. More work, less benefit. The company is shrinking very rapidly from all directions.
Excellent company
Service Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMDecember 21, 2012
Pros: good benefits.
Cons: micro managed
Very good for right individual. Great machines. Felt like you could make a career at this company.
exciting learning enviorment
Anchor Games (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 13, 2012
Pros: work very independently
Cons: traveled in alot of traffic
i worked as a slot technician repairing slot machines in all casinos in and around las vegas
It's a Great Slot machine Making Company.
Slot Attendant (Current Employee), Reno, NVOctober 5, 2012
Pros: benefits are fine, breaks are fine
Cons: it's okay
It's A Great Slot Machine Making Company.
It's got alot to offer people in the Technology Field. This Company is keeping up with Technology it changes everyday.
Good company to work for.
Product Assurance Technician (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 3, 2012
Pros: many perks.
A good company to work for. Pay & benefits OK.
Many social opportunities, Corporate Challenge, etc.
The worst company I ever worked for!
VLT Technician (Former Employee), Batavia DownsJune 29, 2012
Pros: non
Cons: never ending list!
IGT is by far the worst company I had ever worked for. The endless back stabbing by both the employees and management was unbelieveable. My lead tech was so jelous of my abilities that she would back stab almost daily. She made up lies about what I was doing and her girlfriends supported her in an effort to try and get me fired. I could not do anything – more... about it because she is a black female and I am a white male. Two years of nothing less than harassment and abuse I had to endure to the point I walked out and filed a law suit against the company with the NY State Department of Human Rights. The district manager thought he was Hitler and said his supervisors and lead technicians were his Guistapo. STAY AWAY FROM IGT that company lives for greed and hurts ever honest employee it has sucked into its deceptive web of decite. RUN DON'T WALK!!! – less

About IGT

International Game Technology (IGT) has hit the jackpot in the casino gaming business. The company is the world's largest gaming – Read more