IGT

IGT Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Company to work for.
Compliance Representative I (Former Employee), Reno, NVNovember 6, 2014
I really enjoyed working for IGT it help me enhance my job skills in many ways.
i appricte the compny rule & regulations that it,,,,,,,,,,,
tour and travel (Current Employee), Delhi, DLAugust 12, 2014
igt is very goo company & this companay give the chance to evryone to achive the goal
Fun place to work.
Administrator Field Svcs Process III (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 7, 2014
Pros: get together with the co-workers at work for birthday, holidays etc.
Cons: being laid off
A typical day at work was like any other job you go in do your work and go home. Management and co-workers were fun to work with. We would always have something to celebrate from a birthday to any holiday or a just because get together. The most enjoyable is having the get togethers so we could have a break in the work day. The hardest part of the job – more... was finding out that the production line was moving to Reno which means I will be laid off. – less
Be Aware
anonymous (Former Employee), Reno, NVMay 17, 2014
Pros: bonuses, benefits
Cons: poor supervisors that are allowed to terrorize anybody they choose
The company itself and overall staff were professional. Some departments had a much higher percentage of female gender like 90% and thus very men in management. Most of the female were professional as they should be. Unfortunately, I was not so fortunate and had an immediate supervisor that was degrading to men in her language and was spiteful, damaging – more... my credibility by pulling in a private room and yelling at me telling me that I am worthless when in fact her bosses were using my work as an example for the rest of the group and gave me good reports. She was driven by jealousy and I finally had enough and left after 6 months straight of the terrorizing of my soul by her without anyone knowing about it until I quit. I later found out that I was not the only man she did this too but she also had a female friend to replace me. It all started when I was trying to take upon their encouragement of applying to supervisor role after a year and I was trying to this to get out of her wrath. I did not do a grievance because this supervisor was there terrorizing the souls of men for 15 years and the department was 90% women. – less
Best company I ever worked for.
Casino Services Supervisor (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALApril 22, 2014
Pros: the company allows you to run your area like its your company.
There was nothing about this job or company I didn't enjoy. I learned a great deal about managing through company classes and my immediate boss, But with the economy the way it is at this point unfortunately we experienced a company wide layoff. A1 company to work for.
STAY AWAY! With IGT, innovation = copying the competition.
Quality Tester (Former Employee), Reno, NevadaApril 4, 2014
Pros: free parking. flex hours, casual dress code, and reno's climate.
Cons: everything else.
Imagine working your duff off for 2 years, then having the company bring your entire department into a meeting just to tell your group, that everybody is fired. All just for politics. Read all of the other Indeed reviews with regard to job security the the company.

I see creative, productive people get fired while the worthless duff-kissers keep their – more... jobs. If you want to get into Slot Machine Development, try WMS, Bally, Aristocrat, or Konami. – less
Fun, fast paced environment
Shipping Compliance and Auditing, Temp (Former Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 21, 2014
I enjoyed working with the slot machines and getting into the warehouse industry. Working for IGT made me want alot more work just like it
Reno 911
Director (Former Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: free parking; zero accountability; if you dont like someone you can just ignore them
Cons: soul crushing morale, reno mentality dominates, tech wanna be, incompetent management team, zero innovation, losing market share by the minute
Do you love politics? Are you a great butt kisser? Can you deal with a new boss every 6 months? Constant reorgs? An endless rotation of clueless new managers telling you what to do? Do you know how to look busy but not do anything? Are you fluent in monkey? Does your family have 4-generation deep roots in Reno, Nevada -- ideally the same block (you – more... better not pronounce it wrong) with only subtle inbreeding?

If you said yes to these ... this is the place for you!

Superbowl of politics ... they have a 'peak performer' program which is an internal joke -- employees who get recognized for that are just great butt kissers .. the list of idiots given that 'honor' is a mile long.

Looks good on a resume, do your year or two here then move on. – less
Good Career Company
Project Manager (Current Employee), Reno, NVDecember 21, 2013
I enjoyed working at IGT but some management needed to be replaced.
The people and software are outdated
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 17, 2013
I have learned a lot here. Mainly I found a lot of resistance when trying to implement Scrum and Agile methodologies. The job was really interesting, my team was great but the old fashioned processes had to change.
good place to work
AppleOne Contractor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 17, 2013
great place to work, good people. Management was good, there was not a hard part of the job.
IGT Laid off Employees to Meet Wall Street
NA (Former Employee), Las VegasNovember 16, 2013
Pros: pay, great peers
Cons: cut-throat, not employee-centric at all
Many employees were laid off and health benefits were lowered for employees that are still there all to meet wall street expectations, There is no 360 management review, so as long as a manager or director manages "up" well, s/he can abuse their direct reports without repercussion.
making reservation
Process Associate (Former Employee), New Delhi, DLNovember 15, 2013
Pros: free
i had work with this company it was great full to work with that all the team members are really helpful and the environment was friendly.............
OK opportunities if you're originally from Reno
Senior Artist (Former Employee), Reno, NVOctober 28, 2013
Pros: ok pay and benefits
Cons: unqualified managers, cut throat enviroment
IGT in Reno is typical of most Reno businesses, but the dysfunction is more pronounced because of the corporate environment. That is, if you were born in Reno, went to a Reno high school, and took at least one class at UNR, you're golden. Managers are threatened by outside talent and will fabricate conflict or flat out lie through their teeth to keep – more... others from revealing their incompetence. IGT has lost millions due to shoddy management, yet most of these people are still in key positions. – less
A company in transition - Big Companies do not handle change well
Software Engineer (Former Employee), las vegas, nvOctober 21, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: extremely political
Trying to transform itself from a manufacturing company to a software as a service provider/interactive content (gambling) provider. Extremely political with lots of entrenched middle managers trying to project themselves and their salaries.
Loved working a different casino daily
Slot Machine Service Technician (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 26, 2013
This job was fun working at all of the different casinos in Las Vegas and thru out Southern Nevada. The management was fair and approachable. Awesome company parties!
Employee friendly with growth opportunities
Customer Service (Former Employee), Gurgaon, IndiaJune 14, 2013
Pros: incentives, overtime, dinner or lunch coupons, vouchers.
Cons: pf(provident fund), breaks, leaves
The best day at the work was awarded as Best Employee of the month...
The best part I learned the Time Value as we have to solve the customer queries with in the time limit and the target given. Management was exemplary.
My co-workers were very good we always have competition which encourage us for the work and the growth.
The hardest part is the working – more... hours and to convince the new jonnies to do 24/7 working hours and specifically night shifts.
Enjoyable part is to interact with new people. – less
IGT Stable, well compensating employer
Sr. Systems and Network Administrator (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 2, 2013
Pros: pay, bonuses, profit sharing
Cons: repetitive, easy
My time at IGT was marked by turmoil and clash of a traditional company acquiring an Internet property (Wagerworks). IGT seemed to take a lot of time to determine where to place all of the new talent they had and tried to find a place for the Internet technologies. A lot of talented people work here, and they have very nice compensation and management – more... as with most places can be hit or miss. I enjoyed my time at WagerWorks, very valuable learning, hard but rewarding work. Integration into IGT was another matter, they have a talented team but a stable and repetitive product so the work was standard, easy and less intellectually rewarding, though the compensation was very good.

IGT is a very good company, just not the same as the company for which I was originally hired, so the culture shock may have me rate them a tad lower than they should be.

I would recommend for anyone to work there. – less
Central Design Engineer
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: built-in cafeteria, built-in workout area, large bonuses
Cons: pcb development in las vegas was being phased-out
Performed schematic capture and PCB layout. Testing and diagnosing field problems. Worked closely with purchasing to resolve component sourcing issues. Learned to work with a broader swath of people on multiple issues. Got along fine with all three managers and all employees. The hardest part of the job was not knowing if I was going to have a job the – more... next day. IGT was in the middle of large scale layoffs and slowly transitioning workforce to China. The most enjoyable part of the job was being the primary source for all board designs (PGIC not IGT). – less
Never work here, the worst place to work
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Reno, NVDecember 26, 2012
Pros: i do not know. if you play good politics, not to work, then it is right place for you.
Cons: the benefits gets smaller, work gets more with the time, they can not produce anything which stands out, no future, lot of politics in the company, stay away from this company
Bad management, CEO approval rating is about 20%. No body has clue what they are doing. All the benefits are getting cut, no raises. More work, less benefit. The company is shrinking very rapidly from all directions.

About IGT

International Game Technology (IGT) has hit the jackpot in the casino gaming business. The company is the world's largest gaming – Read more