IDEXX LABORATORIES

IDEXX LABORATORIES Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work here only if you have to
Tech (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2014
Pros: some employees are very friendly, you basically do your own thing
Cons: very nitpicky. you get picked on for every little mistake. no chance of moving up or anywhere.
The people who work here are nice. Not a healthy work culture/job environment at all. Favoritism exists. Certain employees get away with being rude/acting haughty due to manager overlooking attitude/fairness. Cannot think of anything enjoyable. A job is a job.
Get Experience and Leave.
Micro Technician (Former Employee), MarkhamMarch 27, 2013
Pros: fellow employes are nice.
Cons: everything else.
Depending on what department you work at the pay sucks regardless of the work load or education required, they have a bad habit of hiring temps and getting rid of them as soon as their contract is up so they don't have to give them benefits.

Some Laboratory departments have it better than others and the difference in the pay is Night and Day. They – more... get 2 stars because fellow employes are nice, but they like to keep it understaffed so be prepared for a lot of overtime. Work here to beef up your resume, but don't bother showing them any loyalty because you will receive none. – less
inside sales manager
Inside Sales Channel Supervisor (Former Employee), Westbrook, MEJuly 13, 2014
Pros: well know company
Cons: very little training or onboarding
Good Company for helping vets meet their clients health goals.
Typical American company ran by shareholders
Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee), HorshamJuly 11, 2014
Pros: free fruit
Cons: no rewards for service or hard work
Do not look after their emplyees just their shareholders.
They buy out all competition and close them down.
A good company with some poor values
Customer Support Representative III (Former Employee), Westbrook, MEJuly 7, 2014
Overall IDEXX is a solid company to work for compensation / benefits wise, however, far too much is expected from its employees. Work home balance is poor and management is less than average. HR and management is definitely not for the average employee of the company, but rather corporate.
Security
Patrol Officer (Former Employee), Westbrook, MEMay 25, 2014
I worked security for IDEXX around 3 months. The entire feel and environment there is very user friendly and relaxed.
Great technology and solutions you can believe in.
REGIONAL MANAGER - NORTHWEST REGION (Former Employee), Portland, ORMay 1, 2014
Pros: best in class products
Cons: leadership transitions, a belief that external candidates are more valuable than the people currently on staff.
A typical week as a manager will include an effort of over 80 hrs given the time taken for travel.

Working with a team of seven direct reports and an additional 7-9 indirect reports while covering 8 states has its challenges. There was no real insight into the P&L and high levels of profits helped reduce concerns around costs when making decisions.

The – more... company aided in my eduction around Companion Animal Care. The benefits of selling to veterinarians vs selling to doctors is significant. Especially given the lack of paperwork required in tracking your efforts for HIPAA or Insurance company requirements. They provide excellent training in a group setting as well as with a significant on line library.

The people inside of Idexx is a mixed bag. They are going through a ton of change currently and not putting much value in those that are successful. There is still a huge group of great people inside the organization but with emphasis to bring in others to lead from outside the organization the culture is changing rapidly.

I personally love working with a team of people who all believe that the solutions represented are the best in class. The technology that ties them together puts Idexx clearly ahead of all competition. – less
Great job bad hours
Specimen Processor 1 (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 26, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: hours
I only worked there for 3 weeks but it was great. I had the part time specimen processor but I also had a full time job. The balances who horrible
Love My job hate my hours
Specimen Processor I (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 22, 2014
I can honestly say that I have a position that I love. The pay is great, management could use some guidance but overall a great company to work for.
Fun workplace
Laboratory Technician Assistant (Former Employee), Brisbane, QLDApril 20, 2014
Pros: part time hours
Cons: long drive to work due to night shift
Depending on our courier drivers will determine what time we finish on a daily basis. Because there is only 3 technicians on a night shift we are having to get work done and processed before the day shift starts at 5am. So always busy which keeps you focused and making sure details are entered correctly or the end result will not be correct.
High attention – more... to detail for this position with both on the computer and testing urine, bloods, faeces etc.
Learnt different parts of the laboratory in the haematology department as well as the chemistry and Microbiology.
Co-workers were always awesome to work with and very flexible especially with family matters.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the fun we use to have after work is completed and our every Friday night dinners. – less
Poor Management/Leadership & Communication
Client Support (Former Employee), Portland, ORApril 14, 2014
Pros: healthcare benefits.
Cons: lack of communication, management and corporate beauracracy.
Steer clear of this company if you possibly can, the corporate hacks are out in force here and there is little hope of ever advancing if you are stuck in Customer Support for example. The company consistently loses hard workers who see no way of getting further in their careers.

Communication is poor between the different departments of the company – more... and in many instances, management and supervisors have no experience on how to do their subordinates job and therefore cannot understand the stresses and requirements of those working beneath them.

Training is almost non existent and corporate red tape prevents anything from getting done quickly, if at all. Poor software management also leads to regular failures that anger clients and lack of staffing leads to extra stress put on the least paid in the company. – less
Diversity at it's worst
Specimen Processor I (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 3, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: ghetto employees
My overall experience working for Idexx was very poor. The lab politics is what makes or breaks a promising career. Seems like being polite, minding your business, doing your job and always willing to help in anyway possible for the greater good, punctual, and never causing problems would be ideal, unfortunately it is not. I do not know why but the – more... employees that actually do there jobs are the one's targeted and mistreated and verbally abused. – less
Idexx is a great company, poor management
Specimen Processor (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 30, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: shift
I enjoy my job as a processor,everyday you learn something different and exciting. poor management. Great co-workers.The shift (3rd shift is the hardest). Providing excellent customer service to clients in a timely manner.
Inside Sales Associate (Current Employee), Westbrook, MEMarch 23, 2014
IDEXX is a first class strong organization and a great place to work.
Poor Leadership
Operations manager (Former Employee), MemphisMarch 18, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: employee unfriendly policies, organization development principles missing totally
Top leadership is very poor, A lot of Micro management and Interference from leadership setting up the supervisory staff for failure. A lot of Operations managers have tried their best just to be branded as Failure However, it is the top leadership that has failed, That includes leadership at Maine too. The Maine leadership somehow is not realizing – more... what is going on at Memphis. – less
Great job, burden on education
Lab Runner (Former Employee), Elmhurst, ILFebruary 24, 2014
Great company to work for. Good people, great pay and benefits. Hard to keep up with life's other needs.
Leading veterinary software company
Project Manager (Current Employee), Eau Claire, WIFebruary 23, 2014
A typical day at work consist of working and managing multiple systems to ensure quality and communication of system projects (Outlook, SAP, First Wave), office environment, phone usage, hosting meetings and teleconferences.

Through out my almost seven years at IDEXX, I've learned that process and change is inevitable for ongoing improvements.

I enjoy – more... working with my co-workers, I have the best team.

The hardest part of the job is trying to keep work within a 40 hour work week. Often times my work requires more hours out of me.

The most enjoyable part of my job is flexibility and ability to work with minimal supervision. – less
Poor leadership
Variety (Current Employee), Westbrook, MEFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: great company great products
Cons: poor leadership
Depending on what area you work will decide your future. Idexx is a great company but some areas have terrible leadership and no growth opportunities. The customer service area is highly micromanaged with very little concern for the individual.
It is a place to work for a short period of time.
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee), Westbrook, MEJanuary 28, 2014
It is a good place to work for a short period of time. People in customer support tend to be micromanaged and are generally ready to move on after a short period of time causing high turnover.
ok
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 30, 2013
ok. unforgettable experience. work is fast paced. I've learned to be detailed and organized

1 2 3

About IDEXX LABORATORIES

IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. (NASDAQ: IDXX) is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the – Read more

IDEXX LABORATORIES Photos