IDEXX LABORATORIES

IDEXX LABORATORIES Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A Productive Practicum at Idexx laboratories
Internship (Former Employee), Markham, ONMay 9, 2014
Pros: extension of internship to 3 monthsmple
My typical day starts between 8 and 9 a.m. and ends between 3 and 4 p.m. I spend my time carrying out experiments, sample preparation, sensitivity testing, use of lab instrument like vitek and microscan panel, reading, interpreting and releasing test results, filing lab records & documentation as per the protocol and submits reports to the lab supervisor, – more... keeping up to date with the current microbiology literature. I had very knowledgeable and helpful who guide whenever I need their help and advice. they make the workplace smooth and comfortable. one day I had lot of sub-culturing, media preparation and report work but I managed my time and work thoughtfully . I completed my task without taking stress and enjoyed that day learning and using my time management skills. – less
Work here only if you have to
Tech (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2014
Pros: some employees are very friendly, you basically do your own thing
Cons: very nitpicky. you get picked on for every little mistake. no chance of moving up or anywhere.
The people who work here are nice. Not a healthy work culture/job environment at all. Favoritism exists. Certain employees get away with being rude/acting haughty due to manager overlooking attitude/fairness. Cannot think of anything enjoyable. A job is a job.
Get Experience and Leave.
Micro Technician (Former Employee), MarkhamMarch 27, 2013
Pros: fellow employes are nice.
Cons: everything else.
Depending on what department you work at the pay sucks regardless of the work load or education required, they have a bad habit of hiring temps and getting rid of them as soon as their contract is up so they don't have to give them benefits.

Some Laboratory departments have it better than others and the difference in the pay is Night and Day. They – more... get 2 stars because fellow employes are nice, but they like to keep it understaffed so be prepared for a lot of overtime. Work here to beef up your resume, but don't bother showing them any loyalty because you will receive none. – less
Lots of work so lot i learn.
Medical Laboratory Technician II (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2014
I learn fast pace laboratory working culture. No work life balance.
I am accomplished employee who does not have any validity check during my job period. Excellent achievement according to my manager.
Balancing work and home can be challenging at IDEXX.
manager (Former Employee), MaineOctober 6, 2014
Pros: pay is competitive with other companies.
Cons: not much advancement available in many departments.
Mostly male leadership team. Not a family friendly company as it is expected to be working during weekend, holidays and vacation time. But the employees are smart and talented! Great products and services too!
Responsibilities
Business Administrator (Former Employee), Westbrook, MESeptember 22, 2014
Responsible for leadership, mentoring, and training 4 Administrative Assistance each providing support to various lines of business totaling 480 employees encompassing Markham, Canada, Westbrook, Maine, and Eau Clair, Wisconsin within areas of customer support, sales, business development, corporate training, data analyst, quality and control. Other – more... responsibilities, but not limited to include budget planning, cost control management and analysis, project planning including execution and sustainability related to process improvements in support of business goals, program development and execution of positive employee and customer experience programs, cost reduction, corporate on-line newsletter, facility liaison relating to desk assignments, reconstruction of business areas, housekeeping and building maintenance initiation and follow through, corporate and employee event planning onsite and offsite, confidential correspondence and document handling. – less
Great place to work. An employer who values it's employees and their education and experience.
Research Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee), Westbrook, MESeptember 20, 2014
I have enjoyed working for IDEXX. I have and am still learning the ins and outs of research and development of veterinary laboratory diagnostics. It's a great place to work with excellent benefits, but most of their employees have started out as temps and being a temporary employee does not guarantee permanent employment with benefits. I really have – more... enjoyed every aspect about working for the company. It has allowed me to branch out into new avenues from my many years as a medical technologist working in the human aspect of the science. Management is great, the coworkers I enjoy working with. Just a great place to work if you can get your foot in the door and eventually become hired as a full time, permanent employee with full benefits. – less
Fun Place to work and very productive
Inventory Control Specialist (Team Leader) (Former Employee), Hoofddorp- The NetherlandsSeptember 14, 2014
Idexx is one of the best places I have ever worked, I would still be working there if I was living in the Netherlands. It can be very hectic sometimes and especially at the end of each quarter, however at the end of the heftiness you know you have satisfy many customers who are interested in your products. In Idexx I learned lots of things, how to be – more... a team player as well as working on my own, Idexx also gave me the opportunity to lead by example in leadership role.

In idexx we say ourselves to be one big family and after work we also socialised together which helped us build good working relationships. – less
Productive and slow environment
Specimen Processor (Current Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 21, 2014
It is slow, but productive work place. I work over night and I am no currently fond of that position. The co workers are wonderful and so is management. It isn't a very challenging job, I just don't like to work over night.
inside sales manager
Inside Sales Channel Supervisor (Former Employee), Westbrook, MEJuly 13, 2014
Pros: well know company
Cons: very little training or onboarding
Good Company for helping vets meet their clients health goals.
Typical American company ran by shareholders
Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee), HorshamJuly 11, 2014
Pros: free fruit
Cons: no rewards for service or hard work
Do not look after their emplyees just their shareholders.
They buy out all competition and close them down.
A good company with some poor values
Customer Support Representative III (Former Employee), Westbrook, MEJuly 7, 2014
Overall IDEXX is a solid company to work for compensation / benefits wise, however, far too much is expected from its employees. Work home balance is poor and management is less than average. HR and management is definitely not for the average employee of the company, but rather corporate.
Security
Patrol Officer (Former Employee), Westbrook, MEMay 25, 2014
I worked security for IDEXX around 3 months. The entire feel and environment there is very user friendly and relaxed.
Great technology and solutions you can believe in.
REGIONAL MANAGER - NORTHWEST REGION (Former Employee), Portland, ORMay 1, 2014
Pros: best in class products
Cons: leadership transitions, a belief that external candidates are more valuable than the people currently on staff.
A typical week as a manager will include an effort of over 80 hrs given the time taken for travel.

Working with a team of seven direct reports and an additional 7-9 indirect reports while covering 8 states has its challenges. There was no real insight into the P&L and high levels of profits helped reduce concerns around costs when making decisions.

The – more... company aided in my eduction around Companion Animal Care. The benefits of selling to veterinarians vs selling to doctors is significant. Especially given the lack of paperwork required in tracking your efforts for HIPAA or Insurance company requirements. They provide excellent training in a group setting as well as with a significant on line library.

The people inside of Idexx is a mixed bag. They are going through a ton of change currently and not putting much value in those that are successful. There is still a huge group of great people inside the organization but with emphasis to bring in others to lead from outside the organization the culture is changing rapidly.

I personally love working with a team of people who all believe that the solutions represented are the best in class. The technology that ties them together puts Idexx clearly ahead of all competition. – less
Great job bad hours
Specimen Processor 1 (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 26, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: hours
I only worked there for 3 weeks but it was great. I had the part time specimen processor but I also had a full time job. The balances who horrible
Love My job hate my hours
Specimen Processor I (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 22, 2014
I can honestly say that I have a position that I love. The pay is great, management could use some guidance but overall a great company to work for.
Fun workplace
Laboratory Technician Assistant (Former Employee), Brisbane, QLDApril 20, 2014
Pros: part time hours
Cons: long drive to work due to night shift
Depending on our courier drivers will determine what time we finish on a daily basis. Because there is only 3 technicians on a night shift we are having to get work done and processed before the day shift starts at 5am. So always busy which keeps you focused and making sure details are entered correctly or the end result will not be correct.
High attention – more... to detail for this position with both on the computer and testing urine, bloods, faeces etc.
Learnt different parts of the laboratory in the haematology department as well as the chemistry and Microbiology.
Co-workers were always awesome to work with and very flexible especially with family matters.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the fun we use to have after work is completed and our every Friday night dinners. – less
Poor Management/Leadership & Communication
Client Support (Former Employee), Portland, ORApril 14, 2014
Pros: healthcare benefits.
Cons: lack of communication, management and corporate beauracracy.
Steer clear of this company if you possibly can, the corporate hacks are out in force here and there is little hope of ever advancing if you are stuck in Customer Support for example. The company consistently loses hard workers who see no way of getting further in their careers.

Communication is poor between the different departments of the company – more... and in many instances, management and supervisors have no experience on how to do their subordinates job and therefore cannot understand the stresses and requirements of those working beneath them.

Training is almost non existent and corporate red tape prevents anything from getting done quickly, if at all. Poor software management also leads to regular failures that anger clients and lack of staffing leads to extra stress put on the least paid in the company. – less
Idexx is a great company, poor management
Specimen Processor (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 30, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: shift
I enjoy my job as a processor,everyday you learn something different and exciting. poor management. Great co-workers.The shift (3rd shift is the hardest). Providing excellent customer service to clients in a timely manner.
Inside Sales Associate (Current Employee), Westbrook, MEMarch 23, 2014
IDEXX is a first class strong organization and a great place to work.

1 2 3

About IDEXX LABORATORIES

IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. (NASDAQ: IDXX) is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the – Read more

IDEXX LABORATORIES Photos