Ideal Image

Ideal Image Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great work environment with great coworkers
Team Leader (Current Employee), St. LouisDecember 11, 2014
Pros: free treatments
Cons: hours and healthcare
I am a team leader for Ideal Image in St. Louis, Missouri. On a day to day basis I serve as the first contact for guests interested in changing their lives through cosmetic medical procedures. People enjoy working with our company because we are a national leader in the industry, performing millions of treatments with an uncompromising concern for our – more... patient's comfort and safety. As a company we have grown to be a household name. – less
Declining Company
Sales (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 8, 2014
Ideal Image use to be the place to work. A few years ago a new CEO took over making a lot of bad choices. The company unfortunately continues to not hit their sales goals and puts a lot of pressure on the sales people to try to make up the difference. The upper management team is reaching to anything to try to come a float but unfortunately they continue – more... to make the wrong decisions. – less
REQUEST TO JOB SHADOW.
Registered Nurse; Laser Treatment Provider (Current Employee), United StatesOctober 19, 2014
Pros: low patient stress
Cons: poor communication with managers, very unrealistic interview process
I was hired at Ideal Image with promises of advancement, great hours and competitive pay and benefits, and I blame myself for not looking further into these claims before accepting the job.

We often work past our scheduled shift, they have a "no raise" policy, most communication with supervisors is via rude emails. The training is little to none even – more... when they are launching new services (in which you get no benefit from learning and providing)

They are very flaky with insurance benefits ( 4 open enrollments in 2 years) and they keep getting more expensive.

I was told I would not have to work late nights, I would work 1 saturday and month and have many opportunities for upward movement, all reasons I took this job and none have come to fruition. This is not a terrible place to work- very low stress when in regards to work load but they are not upfront as to what to expect.

REQUEST TO JOB SHADOW. – less

November 4, 2014

A treatment provider job shadow has been part of our interview process for years. While Ideal Image cannot promise advancement to every employee, our rapid growth has created opportunities for advancement and we try to promote from within our organization. Ideal Image provides competitive salaries and bonus opportunities. In addition, Ideal Image provides our treatment providers comprehensive benefits, CME allowances, shift differential pay and free cosmetic treatments. We do not have a no raise policy and annual merit increases are awarded. We are always upfront about our center hours during the interview process. We would be happy to discuss any employment concerns with you and encourage you to reach out to a member of our Human Resources team.

Great Compensation Great Benefits
Guest Service Receptionist (Former Employee), VAOctober 2, 2014
Great Compensation Great Benefits

The most enjoyable part of this job was the guests and the hardest part of this job was balancing work and life outside of work.
Productive and supportive environment with wonderful team players
RN (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, great benefits, awesome incentives
I’ve been a nurse for several years now and this is by far the most rewarding nursing job that I’ve had. We treat wonderful people who are so appreciative of the services we provide them.

Our team is made up of awesome individuals who are driven and passionate about what they do. On a daily basis, we are all motivating each other to work harder and – more... reach our goals.

Our manager is one who leads by example. She is such a hard worker who never gives up and keeps us moving forward. She has so much faith in her teams- always cheering us on, keeping us focused, and reminding us of the great job we do! It is her leadership style that brings our region such great success!

The best part is that she listens and your voice is heard. She respects us all as professionals and values our ideas. Her supportive attitude helps us keep calm and thrive on!

If you want to be part of a wonderful team, work for Ideal Image-Boston! – less
A Great Place to Move Forward
Treatment Provider (Current Employee), North Andover, MASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: good benefits, an area of free laser treatments or a cosmetic procedure every year, flexible daily lunch breaks according to your preferences and schedule, great regional manager
Cons: a few late nights, some very busy days
I currently work full time in a Massachusetts location of Ideal Image. It is a fast-paced and rewarding position that I would recommend for anyone looking to begin or continue a career in the beauty industry. My coworkers promote a great environment and make it easy to look forward to coming in every day. My manager works hard to stay on top of her – more... game, and is receptive to our feedback. She is great about clear communication and providing strong direction for her (very diverse) team. There are definitely some draw backs: there are a few late nights, there are a few stressful days, and there are times when things don't seem to go right. Overall, however, I enjoy the time I spend at my job and I have genuine respect for all of the people around me. I feel like I help people, and that my presence matters to my team and my clients. If you are a motivated, driven individual, the sky is the limit for you with this company! – less
Great Work Environment!
Sales (Current Employee), Boston, massSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: free treatments, flexiblity with schedule, great people
Ideal Image is a great company to work for if you want a great job, superior training in a friendly environment. Management wants you to have a good work life balance, gives you freedom to share ideas and participate to make your center the best it can be. You will thrive if you are a hard worker, ethical, great with the guests and your fellow co-workers.

Management – more... is supportive, does not micro- manage and allows a lot of freedom with making your schedule and working it out with your teammates which is really appreciated!

You will not thrive if you are unethical and not a team player....

If you want a great job that's fun and rewarding and be able to offer the BEST Laser Hair Removal, and skin aesthetics in the Industry, while working with a smart group of women, than Ideal Image is for you! – less
I am a full time RN, BSN
RN- Patient Care Provider (Current Employee), Rochesterhills MIAugust 28, 2014
I am a patient care specialist. I perform a variety of procedures, from running various laser treatments to doing injectable type cosmetic corrections. My primary background is in nephrology and has been my passions for many years. I wanted to continue to broaden my nursing background with more skills and evidence based practices.
Unethical. Fast Turn over. No Job security. Poor managment
Lead Consultant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh PAAugust 23, 2014
Cons: poor managemnt. unetehical. long hours. poor pay
When I was hired I was promised tons of leads with great commissions and bonuses. It NEVER happens. Expect to work 60 + hours a week and make no money and have NO job security with constant threats from management. They have a very high rate of employee turn over. I would not recommend this job or company to ANYONE!!! They are greedy liars who could – more... care less about their employees or their clients. – less
A Great Company that Empowers their Employees
Lead Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Wexford, PAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: helping people on a daily basis, positive atmosphere, incentives to do well
Cons: none come to mind
Ideal Image is a wonderful company to work for. If you have a strong work ethic and you are a quick learner you will do very well with this company. They believe in their employees and provide tons of resources to help every employee grow and learn in whatever direction the employee is interested in. The company is Goal oriented and loves to throw incentive – more... filled challenges your way. You can see the team work in action at every center that you visit. I have learned so many new skills in the last 10 months that will continue to help me become the best that I can be. My regional is a breath of fresh air to work for. Not only does she put her employee's best interest first, she reaches out to all of her employees to help coach them and lift them up whenever they are struggling with a task at work. My co-workers are a true blessing to work with. We maintain a positive atmosphere as well as a productive one. There are so many things that I enjoy about working here. One of the top enjoyable parts is getting the chance to help people change their lives forever by providing a solution to unwanted facial or body hair that has hindered their self image/confidence. It is very rewarding to follow up with a guest and see their new found confidence. You can see it in their walk and hear it in their voice. – less
Fun growing company
RN/Treatment Provider (Current Employee), Novi, MIJuly 28, 2014
Awesome coworkers who work well as a team! Management is very motivating to help centers meet monthly goals. Since I started with the company, they have been working hard at rolling out new services in which are fun and exciting! The company provides excellent training for all medical staff so they are familiar and comfortable performing all treatments. – more... Another great benefit is the PTO that all full time employees acquire. – less
Fun, team and goal oriented
RN Provider (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 24, 2014
I am able to see patients and assess their needs prior to and after treatment. Everyone works together as a team and is always willing to help out. I do charting on each patient and work wight he front desk to help them schedule follow up treatments.
If You Don't Listen To Anything else
Guest Services Consultant (Former Employee), Towson, MD and Arundel MillsJuly 7, 2014
PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS REVIEW. I worked in both the Maryland ARUNDEL AND TOWSON branch of Ideal Image. EVERY SINGLE Guest Service Consultant either walked way in the middle of a shift because we just couldn't take it anymore, or got fired for cursing everyone out. I am NOT a disgruntled former employee. I've made peace with my time there but I would – more... not be at complete peace if I didn't write a review to warn everyone that this is NOT a job you could stay at for more than 3-6 months. They really expect you to NEVER do anything else with your life other than work. I've worked in 97 degree heat with no AC and still had to have my long sleeves under my scrubs. I have worked Saturdays, Sundays, 8 am to 9pm, past 9pm. And don't have a child that you have to go get from daycare. They don't care about your kid. Trust me. There's so much more I can say about this horrible, unorganized,inconsiderate, overbearing, untrustworthy, company but we just don't have that much time. Seriously, flip burgers at McDonalds, make your way up the ladder and be a manager. This is NOT THE PLACE TO WORK!! – less
Cosmetics
Registered Nurse-Treatment Provider (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJune 12, 2014
Great place to gain experience and learn new cosmetic services.
Good Place to work
Cosmetologist and front desk receptionist (Former Employee), Toledo OhioMay 28, 2014
Good place to work, Great people to work with just not a lot of room for advancement.
fast paced with a high employee turn over
Guest Service Consultant (Current Employee), North Haven, CTMay 6, 2014
When I first started the company was run in one way, but years later it had changed and not for the best.
New to company, but loving it!
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), east coastApril 19, 2014
Pros: free treatment, great people
Cons: none any different than any other job
I am a seasoned nurse and now an NP. Ideal Image is by far the best job I ever had, pts that want to be there, no insurance, no drama, no bed pans, no night shifts, and still great pay. A busy day at the clinic by no way compares to a busy day at any hospital. I am very happy and satisfied.
ok pay if you give up your life.
Lead Consultant (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: ok pay for a while
Cons: unreasonable demands, no life outside of work, non-existant management, high turnover, no breaks, threats, you smell of burnt oily body hair at the end of your shift
I was hired to work Tuesday through Saturday, 9-6. I was then required to work 8AM to 8PM or 11PM each day. I was expected to work through my lunches almost every day. After I established myself as a success in the company, my goals were set to be unreachable. I was threatened to work almost every Sunday and Monday as well. In a 90 day period, I was – more... only ALLOWED to have 5 days off. Threatening emails were a daily occurrence, and I was one of the most successful in the company. When you had an off day of sales "It happens to everyone", you were treated with such cruelty from management.
The nurses had such a high turnover, that I honestly saw half of them quit in about a one month period. I actually don't blame them. The nurses were all overworked and WAY underpaid for the amount of money that this company keeps raking in.

ONLY WORK HERE IF IT IS IN CORPORATE!!!! – less
Flexible, creative and fun environment
Owner (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: owner - lots of creativity.
Cons: very stressful. took work home everyday. long hours.
As the owner of this company, I could be extremely flexible. A typical workday involved meeting with homeowners or homebuilders. Consulting with them on desgin ideas. Creating design boards of products to be used in the remodel or construction design. Constant communication with sub-contractors to schedule work to be performed. Ensuring tasks stay on – more... schedule.

Getting the subs to stay on schedule was sometimes difficult. Often times they would pull a few workers off to go to another job which would slow down the construction/remodel process. I had to continually stay on top of this. With independent subs, this can be very difficult to monitor.

Helping to create an ideal living space and seeing the end result was always extremely rewarding. – less
productive workplace
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 7, 2013
I entered invoices and did journal entries on a weekly basis along with cutting checks for multiple vendors. While i was there I learn the Epicor accounting system.

About Ideal Image

IDEAL IMAGE is a premier global leader in laser hair removal and non-surgical cosmetic services operating through more than 120 – Read more