Ideal Image Employee Reviews

Great pay
Center Face to Face/ Lead Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NY 14618March 8, 2016
Great compensation when goals are hit. Providers need to be trained better and corporate in very top heavy. Not much room for improvement.
Pros
Great compensation when goals are hit.
Cons
Inconsistencies, benefits are not the greatest
Misleading company
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MADecember 8, 2015
Initially this company seems great to work for. Great starting salary, monthly bonus opportunities, the perks of getting the chance to use the services.... but it's not worth it.

There is no support from management or corporate, they pretend that they are available but it is not easy to contact them with questions or concerns as there is no manager on site. The job becomes very monotonous and repetitive and you lose all medical and clinical skills over time. If a guest buys a new service it is imperative for them to be treated immediately, even if it causes other guests to wait or you to stay far past closing, because once a guest starts their treatment they can't refund and get their money back. The "competitive" work environment meant to be incentive to upsell to gain commission, causes tension between all of the employees. Training sessions for new services are brief, usually only one day, you are then expected to be an "expert" and able to perform flawlessly at the following shift for paying customers.

The corporate company polices change month to month. Vacation used to roll over, now it does not. Was promised a 401k upon hiring, took 8 months to set up. Monthly requirements change far too often and there is no consistency. Corporate makes changes based on what is going to allow them to get the most profit. This is a great job for a sales consultant. But for a Nurse, Nurse Practioner or a guest service (front desk) position, it is terrible.
Pros
Bonuses, No Holiday shifts
Cons
Unavailable management, constant changes, no support, unrealistic hours
Worst Place To Work
Guest Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAJune 27, 2016
I felt like a slave working 8:30am-9pm (open-close) 6 days out of week with only one day off. You do not get proper training. Felt like a chicken running around with my head cut off. You don't get the same respect from co workers because they been there 2-3+ Not fair at all. No one works as a team. Management is never around so everyone thinks they're boss. No structure at all due to lack of staff commutation and teamwork. No one was genuine. Always had to reschedule guest or cancel appointment after they spent thousands for treatments. Turn people away if they were only 15 mins late. Overall working for this company was ridiculous. Not worth the stress.
Toxic
Sales (Former Employee) –  OHJune 11, 2015
There is never any management at the office. This can be a good thing but it is usually bad. The company is very sneaky and immature. Much management will act one way towards you then another behind your back. It is ran by high school snotty girls. At least that's the best comparison. Do not work here if you are looking for advancement or pay raise. Your hard work is never noticed or appreciated. No home life balance. The management controls you with fear tactics. Fear of job loss or intimidation. It is not a healthy environment.
Pros
Paid holidays, incentives
Cons
Alot
Don't bother
Consultant/ Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMarch 29, 2016
This company could care less about you as an employee whether you do good or bad. I became a top seller within two months working there and they still treated me like I was in debt to the company. HR is a joke, they send emails using slang. They change the schedule without notice, they over pack the guest schedule so there is no chance for a break (even though they mandate you take one and will still clock you out!) and paid training is a joke. They send you at least 4 hrs of training modules to complete before your 1st day.This is the only job I have ever held that I actually feel like I need to warn strangers about!
Pros
You and your coworkers will bond over how much you hate this place!
Cons
Oh there are way too many to list!
Terrible place to work
Guest services consultant (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NYJuly 13, 2016
Awful place to work. The LSC was a horrible person to work with. Constantly talked bad about the guest and always put the providers and gsc's down. Management in general doesn't exist with this company. Its a joke really. And they always take pride that they are a "full medical facility" but yet half the time what the medical professional assess the guests at it doesn't matter because the LSC is going to sell whatever she can to make more money in her pocket.. She was always out for herself very greedy!!
Cons
Too many to list!!
Saw job opportunity
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTMay 4, 2016
I would like to have considered this job but after reading all the reviews it appears to be another corporate type managed business that this world is being governed by. HIgh, unrealistic expectations out of employees under stressful parameters to achieve and push sales so their stock holders will continue to give them all their greedy, luxurious life styles at the expense of the employees!! SOOO sad this country has become this common reality. It's "infected" us everywhere!!
Cons
Sadly seems to be too many to make me want to apply
Pay sounds GREAT... but there is no room for growth/raises and you lose your skills!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  USAFebruary 5, 2015
Money hungry company. RNs beware. You lose your skills, become less marketable, and once you are hired they do not give raises. A few years prior the bonuses were great and work life balance was better but they have a new CEO who has been running the company into the ground. It is not a typical clinic 9-5 job.You are expected to work as late as they want and whenever they want.
A typical day would consist of various appointments from open to close and if someone buys a treatment you have NO choice but to stay after close to perform what was bought (no matter how long it takes because if someone leaves without treatment they are scared they will refund.) It is all about MONEY! The majority of the time the sales consultants want you to treat people that are NOT medically treatable. Use your nursing judgement and do not accept a job with this company.
Pros
starting pay
Cons
loss of nursing skills/no pay raises/horrible company
Great company culture! Fun Job!
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 1, 2015
I have been working at Ideal Image for over 4 years. Since I started we have gone through an amazing transformation from only doing laser hair removal to becoming the nation’s leading aesthetic services company. I came from a different industry all together and was very unsure at first if I would like this industry as a career. I couldn’t have made a better choice because I get to make people feel better about themselves and build confidence every day! Ideal Image is a great company to work for that has an engaging corporate culture and stresses the importance of teamwork and recognition. The perks are great too!!! It kills me to see the negative reviews on here. As I mentioned, we have completely transformed the company in an incredibly positive way but unfortunately some people are very resistant to any type of change which causes a negative attitude.
Positive Environment, Team oriented, Strong Communication skills,
Guest Services Consultant II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43219April 18, 2016
Typical day would include checking daily emails, answering phone calls, checking guest in and out, scheduling guest appointments, medical terminology, interact daily with guest so strong customer service skills, filing, scanning charts.
Pros
team players, on going education, positive environment
Cons
Scheduling issues, need another center, super busy location for columbus
AMAZING CAREER
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Grand Rapids, MISeptember 22, 2015
I have been with Ideal Image for over 3 years. If you are looking for a company with growth, Ideal Image has it! I started as a sales consultant and soon after was offered a traveling position and in less than a year with Ideal, a regional manager position. I now have an amazing team I get to work with every day! Ideal Image wants people that are passionate about their career and can work well in a team environment. Ideal also offers a lot of fun and exciting prizes to help motivate the center employees. The last one sent several employees from all over the country to the iheart radio music festival! There is a lot of management support while you help people look and feel their best!
Great Company
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2016
Overall, a great company to work for. A typical day of work consisted of using our switchboard for high end phone calls and scheduling guest appointments and filing/pulling charts on a daily basis. Making new guest charts and assisting our Lead sales associate and RN's. Also using, of course, team work skills and sending morning and end of day reports.The most enjoyable part of the job is that you're always on the go, and meeting new people which make the work place very fun. You feel accomplished at the end of the day for how much you've done!
Innovative, Team Oriented Company With Room For Advancement
Guest Services Consultant II (Current Employee) –  MissouriOctober 27, 2015
I started in July of 2013 as a Guest Services Consultant at an Ideal Image location in Missouri. I am a licensed Esthetician and was working in a spa setting. I wanted a career where I could advance and I desired to work in a more medical esthetic atmosphere. I have been able to find that with Ideal Image. I was a client of Ideal Image before becoming an employee and was incredibly impressed with the facility and the treatments, as well as the staff. The treatment providers are all registered nurses and were highly knowledgeable, as well as very clean and demonstrated a great bedside manner. I felt that if I enjoyed being a guest of Ideal Image as much as I did, that surely I would enjoy working for Ideal Image. The hourly rate starting out was much higher than I had anticipated, not to mention bonus opportunities, and one free service per year.

After a little over a year, I was able to move into a full time position. Roughly six months after that, I applied for a promotion that had become available and obtained that position. It came with a pay raise, as well as extra bonus opportunities. Not only does Ideal Image offer GREAT base pay, the bonus opportunities are phenomenal. In less than two years, I’ve gotten a promotion and over doubled my annual income.

I wanted to be sure that whatever company I associated my name with, was a high quality, reputable company and that is all I have seen from Ideal Image. The thorough research and evaluation that goes into every service we offer is impressive and frankly, how it should be. The treatment providers are
  more... highly educated and skilled at the science of each treatment we offer. Education is continual for all staff, which allows us to grow and evolve as Ideal Image continues to expand in this industry. Due to Ideal Image's innovation in the esthetics industry, change is inevitable. Employees do need to be able to evolve with the company. That is not hard though, because Ideal Image offers employees the tools to transition seamlessly.

I have been able to travel to other Ideal Image locations to assist and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Ideal Image has placed me in nice hotels, given me a great daily food allowance, and even provided a rental car. More opportunities are on the horizon and I cannot wait to evolve with this innovative company. It is a beautiful thing to enjoy going to work. I am thankful to be part of the Ideal Image team.
Pros
Great Pay, One Free Treatment Annually, Well Educated Staff, Opportunities For Advancement
People are very fake and Ideal Image discriminates and is in violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the EEOC, and the PHRC
Way overly educated for this place (Former Employee) –  You guess itJuly 12, 2016
I just read a review from a former employee in Ohio, who worked as a Lead Consultant. Beware! This company operates on deception, fraud, and unlawful violation of both state and federal laws. Ideal Image does do all the things this former employee said it does. They hire the most unprofessional and immature, people they can find. They all bear the same snotty nosed, holier than thou sill schoolgirl attitude. They even talk fake. They will be talking smack on another employee, or guest, or anyone for that matter, but when the phone rings their voices go into "baby" talk. It is laughable how these half wits behave. I played stupid, just to let them walk all over me. I knew their MO, and am now taking advantage of their downfalls. They have no regard for the laws, people or Comenity Bank, for which they defraud on a daily basis. They also talk about guests, and make fun of them Do NOT GO HERE FOR TREATMENT. They do not know what they are doing. They go out every night and get drunk and come to work in the a.m. with a hangover. Do you wants this kind of person working on your canvas? DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
Got out before I turned into one of them :)
Cons
Rude, catty, immature, insecure group of silly school girls running this show
Terrible Place To Work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJuly 23, 2015
They promise a high compensation package and when you start making their sales goals they re-construct your contract to lower your pay and raise the goals.
Good place of employment
Registered Nurse-Provider (Current Employee) –  Robinson twp, PAJuly 24, 2015
Overall a good job. Management could be more involved. Compensation was very good. Coworkers were a good part of the job. Independent environment.
People are very fake and promise a lot and you are blindsided
Lead Consultant (Former Employee) –  OHFebruary 28, 2016
I went through 4 weeks of intense interviews, 3 with National Directors and personality assessments and background checks and drug testing, etc. I was then hired, told I was going to be amazing and they were SO excited to have me. I then flew to Tampa to begin my training but first told I had to spend 'out of pocket' food, cabs, buy my own scrubs to wear, etc. and this would be for the 2 weeks of training in 2 weeks and there were conflicting emails stating when this would be reimbursed... 2 weeks vs. 2 months!! I asked several people, $800 of my own money is a rather significant amount and after never being told a straight answer..I was becoming rather confused and also starting to feel I was getting the run around (as were the other ladies in my class). Then on the 2nd to last day of training (Thursday), I mentioned that I was feeling a bit dizzy from sitting in the classroom with no windows and halogen lighting all day with out getting fresh air at all and staring at a screen with little typing all day (4 days in a row) and I have epilepsy..could we take a break....the trainer said yes, but interesting how since everyone is made to work long hours and none has children and now it is known that I have a medical condition that may not allow for 12-15 hour days and exhausting stressful NO work/life balance, I come into the LAST day of training, the next day Friday and am told "you are not the right fit and we are letting you go"....Just like that??!!!
I was fired AFTER my training on Friday, still no answer on my reimbursement and escorted out of the building and sent home
  more... on the plane with NO reason why, no explanation, no money reimbursed and nothing given as to why I am no longer wanted after ALL I went thru to be hired and be there and NOT once did they give me a performance eval during the week or pull me aside to have a conversation with me and talk to me..
I have never worked for a company where you can not question the reimbursement of your own finances and if I was fired due to questioning their own conflicting emails and stories, that just proves they don't want someone who can assess their own mistakes and point them out, they want puppets who keep quiet.
If I was fired due to a disability, they have a HUGE case on their hands, I have already spoken to a Corporate Lawyer and HR Director who pointed out major issues with their actions and how they treated me.
I have never been treated this way nor would I expect anyone else to.
Pros
promise a lot but who knows....
Cons
see above...interesting how if the position is SO amazing, why is everyone jumping ship??
REQUEST TO JOB SHADOW.
Registered Nurse; Laser Treatment Provider (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 19, 2014
I was hired at Ideal Image with promises of advancement, great hours and competitive pay and benefits, and I blame myself for not looking further into these claims before accepting the job.

We often work past our scheduled shift, they have a "no raise" policy, most communication with supervisors is via rude emails. The training is little to none even when they are launching new services (in which you get no benefit from learning and providing)

They are very flaky with insurance benefits ( 4 open enrollments in 2 years) and they keep getting more expensive.

I was told I would not have to work late nights, I would work 1 saturday and month and have many opportunities for upward movement, all reasons I took this job and none have come to fruition. This is not a terrible place to work- very low stress when in regards to work load but they are not upfront as to what to expect.

REQUEST TO JOB SHADOW.
Pros
Low patient stress
Cons
poor communication with managers, very unrealistic interview process

Comment – December 31, 1969

A treatment provider job shadow has been part of our interview process for years. While Ideal Image cannot promise advancement to every employee, our rapid growth has created opportunities for advancement and we try to promote from within our organization. Ideal Image provides competitive salaries and bonus opportunities. In addition, Ideal Image provides our treatment providers comprehensive benefits, CME allowances, shift differential pay and free cosmetic treatments. We do not have a no raise policy and annual merit increases are awarded. We are always upfront about our center hours during the interview process. We would be happy to discuss any employment concerns with you and encourage you to reach out to a member of our Human Resources team.

Low Salary and no Upward Movement
Guest Services Consultant (Current Employee) –  OhioMarch 9, 2015
This job would be good for a college student who needs flexible hours and a low stress job. The salary is not high but benefits are offered to full time employees. The Company does not give raises and the only way to move up in the Company is either to become a Sales Consultant or be willing to move to the Corporate Office in Tampa.
Pros
easy job, low stress
Cons
low salary and no upward movement
A great learning experience
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 15, 2015
I have enjoyed working with my coworkers in the center everyday and taking on the responsibility of managing a medical office. However, in two years of employment I have not seen a raise and there is no room for advancement.
Pros
learning the ins and outs of a cosmetic medial office
Cons
long hours as well as weekends with no pay raise or advancement opportunity

2.8