Ideal Image Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Positive Environment, Team oriented, Strong Communication skills,
Guest Services Consultant II (Current Employee), Columbus, OH 43219April 18, 2016
Pros: team players, on going education, positive environment
Cons: Scheduling issues, need another center, super busy location for columbus
Typical day would include checking daily emails, answering phone calls, checking guest in and out, scheduling guest appointments, medical terminology, interact daily with guest so strong customer service skills, filing, scanning charts.
Don't bother
Consultant/ Guest Services (Former Employee), Garden City, NYMarch 29, 2016
Pros: You and your coworkers will bond over how much you hate this place!
Cons: Oh there are way too many to list!
This company could care less about you as an employee whether you do good or bad. I became a top seller within two months working there and they still treated me like I was in debt to the company. HR is a joke, they send emails using slang. They change the schedule without notice, they over pack the guest schedule so there is no chance for a break (even though they mandate you take one and will still clock you out!) and paid training is a joke. They send you at least 4 hrs of training modules to complete before your 1st day.This is the only job I have ever held that I actually feel like I need to warn strangers about!
Great pay
Center Face to Face/ Lead Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Rochester, NY 14618March 8, 2016
Pros: Great compensation when goals are hit.
Cons: Inconsistencies, benefits are not the greatest
Great compensation when goals are hit. Providers need to be trained better and corporate in very top heavy. Not much room for improvement.
People are very fake and promise a lot and you are blindsided
Lead Consultant (Former Employee), OHFebruary 28, 2016
Pros: promise a lot but who knows....
Cons: see above...interesting how if the position is SO amazing, why is everyone jumping ship??
I went through 4 weeks of intense interviews, 3 with National Directors and personality assessments and background checks and drug testing, etc. I was then hired, told I was going to be amazing and they were SO excited to have me. I then flew to Tampa to begin my training but first told I had to spend 'out of pocket' food, cabs, buy my own scrubs to wear, etc. and this would be for the 2 weeks of training in 2 weeks and there were conflicting emails stating when this would be reimbursed... 2 weeks vs. 2 months!! I asked several people, $800 of my own money is a rather significant amount and after never being told a straight answer..I was becoming rather confused and also starting to feel I was getting the run around (as were the other ladies in my class). Then on the 2nd to last day of training (Thursday), I mentioned that I was feeling a bit dizzy from sitting in the classroom with no windows and halogen lighting all day with out getting fresh air at all and staring at a screen with little typing all day (4 days in a row) and I have epilepsy..could we take a break....the trainer said yes, but interesting how since everyone is made to work long hours and none has children and now it is known that I have a medical condition that may not allow for 12-15 hour days and exhausting stressful NO work/life balance, I come into the LAST day of training, the next day Friday and am told "you are not the right fit and we are letting you go"....Just like that??!!!
I was fired AFTER my training on Friday, still no answer on my reimbursement and escorted out of the building and sent home – more... on the plane with NO reason why, no explanation, no money reimbursed and nothing given as to why I am no longer wanted after ALL I went thru to be hired and be there and NOT once did they give me a performance eval during the week or pull me aside to have a conversation with me and talk to me..
I have never worked for a company where you can not question the reimbursement of your own finances and if I was fired due to questioning their own conflicting emails and stories, that just proves they don't want someone who can assess their own mistakes and point them out, they want puppets who keep quiet.
If I was fired due to a disability, they have a HUGE case on their hands, I have already spoken to a Corporate Lawyer and HR Director who pointed out major issues with their actions and how they treated me.
I have never been treated this way nor would I expect anyone else to. – less
Great Company
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2016
Overall, a great company to work for. A typical day of work consisted of using our switchboard for high end phone calls and scheduling guest appointments and filing/pulling charts on a daily basis. Making new guest charts and assisting our Lead sales associate and RN's. Also using, of course, team work skills and sending morning and end of day reports.The most enjoyable part of the job is that you're always on the go, and meeting new people which make the work place very fun. You feel accomplished at the end of the day for how much you've done!
great atmosphere
Lead Sales Consultant/ Manager (Current Employee), Rochester Hills, MIJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: Great work environment
Cons: requires late hours and sometimes over 60 hrs per week
I love working for Ideal Image I have accomplished and succeeded my expectation for myself and am ready to move on to something more challenging
Misleading company
Nurse (Former Employee), Burlington, MADecember 8, 2015
Pros: Bonuses, No Holiday shifts
Cons: Unavailable management, constant changes, no support, unrealistic hours
Initially this company seems great to work for. Great starting salary, monthly bonus opportunities, the perks of getting the chance to use the services.... but it's not worth it.

There is no support from management or corporate, they pretend that they are available but it is not easy to contact them with questions or concerns as there is no manager on site. The job becomes very monotonous and repetitive and you lose all medical and clinical skills over time. If a guest buys a new service it is imperative for them to be treated immediately, even if it causes other guests to wait or you to stay far past closing, because once a guest starts their treatment they can't refund and get their money back. The "competitive" work environment meant to be incentive to upsell to gain commission, causes tension between all of the employees. Training sessions for new services are brief, usually only one day, you are then expected to be an "expert" and able to perform flawlessly at the following shift for paying customers.

The corporate company polices change month to month. Vacation used to roll over, now it does not. Was promised a 401k upon hiring, took 8 months to set up. Monthly requirements change far too often and there is no consistency. Corporate makes changes based on what is going to allow them to get the most profit. This is a great job for a sales consultant. But for a Nurse, Nurse Practioner or a guest service (front desk) position, it is terrible.
Run Away do no pass Go
lead consultant (Current Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 10, 2015
Pros: leaving at the end of the day
Cons: everything
all of the bad reviews you read are true. the good ones come from corporate. They lie about the pay, draw/commission. The goals are too high to make commission. Management will encourage you to lie to get the sale.
Innovative, Team Oriented Company With Room For Advancement
Guest Services Consultant II (Current Employee), MissouriOctober 27, 2015
Pros: Great Pay, One Free Treatment Annually, Well Educated Staff, Opportunities For Advancement
I started in July of 2013 as a Guest Services Consultant at an Ideal Image location in Missouri. I am a licensed Esthetician and was working in a spa setting. I wanted a career where I could advance and I desired to work in a more medical esthetic atmosphere. I have been able to find that with Ideal Image. I was a client of Ideal Image before becoming an employee and was incredibly impressed with the facility and the treatments, as well as the staff. The treatment providers are all registered nurses and were highly knowledgeable, as well as very clean and demonstrated a great bedside manner. I felt that if I enjoyed being a guest of Ideal Image as much as I did, that surely I would enjoy working for Ideal Image. The hourly rate starting out was much higher than I had anticipated, not to mention bonus opportunities, and one free service per year.

After a little over a year, I was able to move into a full time position. Roughly six months after that, I applied for a promotion that had become available and obtained that position. It came with a pay raise, as well as extra bonus opportunities. Not only does Ideal Image offer GREAT base pay, the bonus opportunities are phenomenal. In less than two years, I’ve gotten a promotion and over doubled my annual income.

I wanted to be sure that whatever company I associated my name with, was a high quality, reputable company and that is all I have seen from Ideal Image. The thorough research and evaluation that goes into every service we offer is impressive and frankly, how it should be. The treatment providers are – more... highly educated and skilled at the science of each treatment we offer. Education is continual for all staff, which allows us to grow and evolve as Ideal Image continues to expand in this industry. Due to Ideal Image's innovation in the esthetics industry, change is inevitable. Employees do need to be able to evolve with the company. That is not hard though, because Ideal Image offers employees the tools to transition seamlessly.

I have been able to travel to other Ideal Image locations to assist and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Ideal Image has placed me in nice hotels, given me a great daily food allowance, and even provided a rental car. More opportunities are on the horizon and I cannot wait to evolve with this innovative company. It is a beautiful thing to enjoy going to work. I am thankful to be part of the Ideal Image team. – less
Exciting Career
Regional Director (Current Employee), Wisconsin-MinnesotaOctober 12, 2015
What makes me love my job and company:
• Every day is different. It challenges me every day. It is always new and fresh. Never a dull moment. The pace is fast.
• Seeing guests who think there is no solution for their problem. They are at their wits’ end to find a solution. We get to make a positive impact on people’s lives. We contribute to bringing out the best in our guests.
• The direction the company is going. We are growing exponentially adding new services. You feel like you are part of something really big.
• The people I work beside. The commitment they put in on a daily basis is awe-inspiring. Passion in their work is a common place.
• Our products and services are the best. They are researched and researched in Tampa. If they are not the best we do not do them.
• The way they listen to your ideas. They might not go with every single one, but they really listen and care. Creativity is encouraged.
• The strong focused leadership team that acts upon a vision of growth and being the best of the best.
• The way they care about the job the employee does AND the employee!
• The feel the company is 100% behind you.
• The work culture. It is an environment of integrity and team spirit that is 2nd to none. Collegiality is viewed as essential.
• If you tell them your aspirations, work really hard then great things happen!
• The excitement of going to work each and every day!
Great company culture! Fun Job!
Regional Director (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 1, 2015
I have been working at Ideal Image for over 4 years. Since I started we have gone through an amazing transformation from only doing laser hair removal to becoming the nation’s leading aesthetic services company. I came from a different industry all together and was very unsure at first if I would like this industry as a career. I couldn’t have made a better choice because I get to make people feel better about themselves and build confidence every day! Ideal Image is a great company to work for that has an engaging corporate culture and stresses the importance of teamwork and recognition. The perks are great too!!! It kills me to see the negative reviews on here. As I mentioned, we have completely transformed the company in an incredibly positive way but unfortunately some people are very resistant to any type of change which causes a negative attitude.
Great Place To Work
Guest Service Consultant (Current Employee), West Chester, OHSeptember 29, 2015
I love the people I work with there amazing. The services we provide are great as well. We literally change peoples lives.
I learned a lot working there.
CHIEF CONSULTANT/CUSTOMER SERVICE/DATA ENTRY (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 27, 2015
Pros: I loved working and consulting with the clients.
Cons: The other employees would leave for hours at a time sometimes to shop or run pesonal errands.
It was interesting working for a Laser hair removal business. I was really not a good fit there as the office was not the type of office I was used to working in probably because it was not run in a professional way.
Been with Ideal Image for 6 years, and absolutely love my job and this company!
Regional Director Mid-West (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 23, 2015
Pros: Best in the industry, nationwide company, career growth and income potential, amazing teams and teamwork environment
Cons: We are a growing and fast moving organization, so if you struggle with change, this may be a difficult place to work
I've been very fortunate to work for Ideal Image since January of 2010 in a leadership position, and the amount of lives I've seen changed since working here has been simply amazing. I've had the opportunity to find and work with so many talented individuals, that have worked their way through the company and been with us for years. Several have worked their way into national roles with the company including into our corporate headquarters. I believe very strongly that what makes Ideal Image such an amazing company to work for is the team in our centers and the corporate support we receive from our home office. We are given the opportunity to help our guests, empower our team members, and ultimately create a work environment that is both fun to be in, while being rewarding and challenging at the same time.

The #1 priority we look for in new team members, is TEAMWORK!! It's what makes us who we are!!

We have a rock star team of medical professionals, guest service consultants, and a sales consultants in our centers that are 2nd to none. The friendships that are formed in our centers, makes it a fun place for our guests to come and visit us for our services. Been here 6 years, and hope to be here another 6 and beyond. I highly recommend Ideal Image for a long term career if you are ready, able, and willing to be part of the BEST TEAM in the industry!!
Real Review
Supervisor (Current Employee), USASeptember 22, 2015
Pros: Pay/Bonuses, Flexibilty
Cons: Some late nights and weekends
This company has a lot of terrible reviews which is unfortunate. Most of or all of the negative reviews are showing as former employees. Yes, this company DOES have a high turn over, but I believe a lot of it is self driven not company driven. When working for Ideal Image, it is VERY independent based and there is no boss looking over your shoulder 24/7. Which unfortunately leads a lot of people to slack or do things they know they shouldn't be. To be successful in this company you DEF need to be motivated and willing to learn, if you have a personality that needs to constantly be guided or be told what to do and not to do, in all honesty it is probably not the place for you. I started with the company in 2013 and have been very happy since. It is still "work" so yes there are complaints and bad days, but overall I am not looking to leave the company anytime soon. I have flexibility that is hard to find in most corporations, well paid, LOVE what I do and get to work with a very large diverse group of wonderful people! I took a risk leaving my office of 7+ years to come here and I don't regret a second of it!
AMAZING CAREER
Regional Director (Current Employee), Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Grand Rapids, MISeptember 22, 2015
I have been with Ideal Image for over 3 years. If you are looking for a company with growth, Ideal Image has it! I started as a sales consultant and soon after was offered a traveling position and in less than a year with Ideal, a regional manager position. I now have an amazing team I get to work with every day! Ideal Image wants people that are passionate about their career and can work well in a team environment. Ideal also offers a lot of fun and exciting prizes to help motivate the center employees. The last one sent several employees from all over the country to the iheart radio music festival! There is a lot of management support while you help people look and feel their best!
DONT WORK HERE
RN (Former Employee), TexasSeptember 15, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Everything
The most horrible upper management that I have ever dealt with. No support, all lies, and allllll about the money. They do NOT truly care about guest satisfaction! Also, if you want to see your family or friends at all, DO NOT WORK HERE! They say you get an hour lunch, but that isn't the case! You might get 10 minutes, if you're lucky. They also like to threaten you to come in on your days off or days that they aren't open. BE AWARE! Terrible company to work for.
Good place of employment
Registered Nurse-Provider (Current Employee), Robinson twp, PAJuly 24, 2015
Overall a good job. Management could be more involved. Compensation was very good. Coworkers were a good part of the job. Independent environment.
Terrible Place To Work
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Garden City, NYJuly 23, 2015
They promise a high compensation package and when you start making their sales goals they re-construct your contract to lower your pay and raise the goals.
Toxic
Sales (Former Employee), OHJune 11, 2015
Pros: Paid holidays, incentives
Cons: Alot
There is never any management at the office. This can be a good thing but it is usually bad. The company is very sneaky and immature. Much management will act one way towards you then another behind your back. It is ran by high school snotty girls. At least that's the best comparison. Do not work here if you are looking for advancement or pay raise. Your hard work is never noticed or appreciated. No home life balance. The management controls you with fear tactics. Fear of job loss or intimidation. It is not a healthy environment.
Headquarters