Ideal Image

Ideal Image Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
HIGH TURNOVER. BAD CAREER DECISION. YOU WILL REGRET WORKING HERE!
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), United StatesAugust 14, 2013
Pros: some great co-workers
Cons: no work/life balance (money can't make up for this), no maternity leave, unqualified managment, no opportunity for promotion, everything about this company is just horrible
I have to applaud the home office in Tampa who is clearly making an attempt at damage control with bad employee reviews. This is the perfect example of how unauthentic this company bahaves. I honestly believe those saying this is the "best company" either don't have a college education or have never worked for a real company with morals, values and ethics.

My biggest career mistake was accepting a position as a sales consultant with Ideal Image. Soon after beginning employment I was exposed to:

1. HIGH TURNOVER: I have never seen a company with so many open positions and no, this is not due to company expansion. It speaks volumes the company cannot hold onto employees....run the other way! If you voice any concern you will eventually get fired. The only consultants safe are those who keep their mouths shut and eyes down.

2. UNETHICAL BEHAVIOR by sales consultants and management. There have been countless times management verbally said they wanted me to sell to 'guests' who were not canidates for laser hair removal. I have also experienced sales consultants selling to unqualified 'guests' simply to help their closing percent to keep managers off their backs. Management expects you to do whatever it takes to get the 'guest' to make the purchase that day and this includes omitting important information to the consumer to get them to purchase. Now, keep in mind this is a medical procedure that can costs thousands of dollars, how you can expect everyone to make that decision on the spot is insane! If you intend to sell with morals and values in an ethical manner this company is – more... not for you.

3. OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES: As a consultant you will be responsible for paying for any financing fees all the way up to 21% of the purchase price. You will also be responsible to pay for the "free" products given to the 'guest' who purchased up to $400+.

4. ILLEGAL PAY CHANGE: It can be expected changes will occur when new owners take over a company. However, it is not expected these changes would occur in an illegal manner. Ideal Image changed the pay from a $3000 draw, hourly, overtime and commission pay scale to a $3000 draw, commission (made the commission more difficult to achieve), and the consultant was now responsible for "free" products and increased financing fees. For those of us putting in a lot of extra hours this is an extreme paycut. Here's where the problem really starts....the pay change was done WITHOUT WRITTEN NOTICE! This is illegal. Consultants noticed their commission checks were short thousands of dollars. It wasn't until consultants showed concern that the corporate office finally sent out the written notice. Some consultants have gotten lawyers to get their money back.

5. UNQUALIFIED MANAGEMENT: No college degree is needed to be hired. My manager couldn't manage her way out of a paperbag, but she is great at trying to force you to sell to those unqualified to receive laser hair removal. The National Director of the East refers to herself as "Queen Bee" and your "Superior". In my professional career I have never had a manager refer to themselves as a "Superior". It's just laughable.

6. NO WORK/LIFE BALANCE: This job requires you to work Tue-Sat and the last Sunday and Monday of the month. They also expect you to extend your work day on the last Saturday of the month, as well as, staying after business hours to get first time treatments in. There have been many times I have been told I'm to work on days off; you'll never be asked, always told. If you expect to have any life outside of work, think again! You can expect to work 60-80 hours a week. This job will have a negative impact on your personal life with friends, family, boyfriends/husbands/children. You'll notice your health and mindset will take a complete downturn. No money in life is worth this.

7. PTO YOU CAN'T TAKE: You'll have PTO days you won't be able to use because the company can't go a minute without a sales consultant in your center. Even if you put your PTO in months ahead of time, it will not mean you will be given the day off.

8. JOB THREATS: It is common to receive emails stating you're "replaceable" and "there are many girls who would love your job". There's nothing worse than feeling you may lose your job everyday you go to work. The reality is, if you want to know if you'll be getting fired the company will place your job on the internet!

9. NO OPPORTUNITY FOR PROMOTION: Consultants don't get promoted because there's nowhere to go!

I am embarrassed to say I work for Ideal Image! I would never suggest anyone to go here to receive laser hair removal due to their unethical practices. I wouldn't suggest my worst enemy to be employed here! If you're educated and want a real career I encourage you to look elsewhere! I can't get away from this company fast enough! – less
Take serious consideration before working for this company!!!!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Augusta, GAMarch 19, 2013
Overall, I do believe in Ideal Image's product (laser hair removal). I have seen it work and I have completed it on myself. With that being said, there are people out there who are not the best candidates for this procedure. It depends on skin type and hair color, among many other things. These are things that should definitely be considered and talked about during the consultation. And, of course, you have to be compliant. The consultant (sales person) should explain all of this to you. Now, is all of this info given to you in a consultation before you hand over the money.....majority of the time...NO!!! In my opinion, there are very few consultants with morals at this company and the ones that do have morals get fired! They have the highest turnover rate for consultants and managers I have ever seen. Management is very inconsistent. You can go for months doing something the way you were told and then, all of a sudden, you are handed a corrective action form or being "spoke to". They never bother to ask you if you were aware of a new policy or change or even what your previous manager communicated to you. They make changes constantly and if you are not aware of them somehow it's your fault. It's all about power and money. Most of the decisions made come from people you will never meet. As a nurse, the hours are definitely a plus when compared to working a hospital floor. But the way they sell you the job does not portray it correctly. They say it is like a 9-5 job, etc. and technically it is. If the consultant makes a sell at the end of the day someone is expected to stay and – more... treat this person and you are expected to fit these treatments in all day. You could have a slam packed schedule but they still want you to fit in "1st time treatments". With the type of person I am, I could never agree with this. I will always take my time to insure the Guest fully understands all aspects of the treatment and I complete a safe, effective, and thorough treatment. Management does not appear to care about this. I have never seen a manager step behind treatment doors to see what we do as nurses. As nurses, we are the ones who review the medical history and any possible contraindications. Once we sign our name to that paper we are stating that person is clear for treatment (a MD will review the chart at a later date, state laws determine how much has to be overseen by the MD). During the 1st treatment, we also have to review exactly what happens during treatment, the process and what to expect during the next 8 weeks, what you can and cannot do during the 18 month treatment span. Does management take all of this into consideration??? I highly doubt it because if they did they would not state it can be done in 10 minutes. Now, if the nurses have ample time to fit in a treatment, that is understandable but it is very rare. In my experience, the main reason they almost demand that these 1st treatments are completed is to insure that the Guest is locked into the contract and most likely will not receive a full refund if they decide to no longer continue treatments. There are so many factors that they do not consider when they decide how you as a nurse should do your job. They also expect you to cover other nurses' schedules. It is very hard to get time off even though you do receive PTO. They normally want you to have your schedule covered or request a traveling nurse but there are a lot of stipulations to that. The way PTO is handled between different managers is also very inconsistent. I did find that nurses in other locations had no problem getting time off or were told to handle it in ways that I had been told were a last resort. They also want the nurses to participate in the sales. This is another thing that you will not be told prior to starting your job. In general, they treat their employees very poor. Now, if they like you, they will appear to fight for you, but the minute they feel you have crossed them in any way you are out the door! And when I say crossed, I mean it could be as simple as voicing your opinion or standing for what you believe in. No company or job is perfect and I know that but unfortunately, I have seen this company treat very good employees who have put everything they have in this job like they were nothing. And this has happened more than I would like to say. I have personally never been treated as badly by a company than the way I was treated at Ideal Image. They are very money hungry and all they care about is how they can make more but in turn they put customer satisfaction and service out the door, along with their employees. The prices are outrageous and continue to go up. And they wonder why the consultant cannot close a sale! I understand this is a business and money has to be made but there is no balance between the medical and sales aspects of this job. I will say the pay is above average for a nurse but trust me there is a reason behind that. Please take a lot of consideration before accepting any position with this company. – less
HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK!!!!
Guest Services Consultant (Former Employee), ColumbusMay 22, 2013
Pros: i dont work here anymore
Cons: everything!! schedule, unreliable managers, drama
I was first told that this was an amazing company to work for and it will be a life changing job. It seemed very true at first, I was flown to Wisconsin for training under my regional manager. I then trained for an additional week during the opening of the Dayton office. The more time I spent with her (Sara) I learned how much she didnt know anything about the job she hired me for, all she cared about was how much money is being made, not how the guests are treated. We opened the Columbus location in September 2012. Sales were booming, guests first treatments were going great. My position was to make everything run smoothly, to be the liason between the sales consultants and the nurse practitioners that did the treatments. I constantly felt like a circus act, juggling the wants and needs of everyone and the attitudes. After a few months went by I got use to the drama. But one thing I couldnt get use to was the unfair way the guests were treated. New Guests that sign up took priority over Existing guests treatments because we were told after a sale they need to be treated ASAP so if they want to cancel they CAN'T because they signed a contract and started treatment. They also raised prices in February due to the new products. We were trained to tell the guests they were complimentary, but we charged them way more!! One thing everyone should know is that there were ALOT OF GUESTS that were treated on the the YAG(laser machine for dark skin types) that started getting skin circles!!! They tell you that this will go away, IT WILL NOT GO AWAY UNLESS YOU USE BLEACHING CREAM WHICH – more... CAN CAUSE EVEN MORE PROBLEMS. the contract you sign keeps you from being able to sue for this complication!!!! As soon as I saw this happen to a handful of guests I stopped gettin my free treatments, I was scared I would have negative results as well!!! The schedule was a joke, due to always trying to fit in all the new guests, it pushed back our schedule. We stayed late almost every night. Not just that but if someone needed to reschedule or if we had to reschedule due to being so behind we were scheduling weeks out, which means the guests treatments werent going to be as benificial because they were outside their treatment window!!!! This place is so full of DRAMA!!! In January one of the Nurse Practitioners was fired due to allegations by the other girls not liking her and making false reports to corporate that she was drinking alcohol on the job!!! Second one of the Lead Consultants was fired due to allegations about drugs/ not completely disclosed reasons even tho she was the best performing consultant but the regional manager always acted threatened by her. They hired another girl for Guest Services, she was told she would have 30+ hours a week, she was lied to. She was only schedule 10 hrs a week for 2 months until I stopped working there. This is the most stressful place. Do not, I repeat, do not get involved with this horrible place. As of February They changed the bonus structure due to the new CEO, I thought things would be better, but they got SOOOOO MUCH WORSE. All of the goals that were set for bonus structure were completely unreachable. This was obviously stressful to know that we can work as hard as possible but will no longer be getting paid as much becuase they want more money in the corporate pockets. Because of the new requirements and Due to being worked like a slave, the 2nd nurse practitioner quit last month because she couldnt take the stress of doing 40+ treatments by herself all day working open past close. If you voice a concern or complaint look out, it's better to fire you than to take your concerns seriously. It looks like a great employment opportunity on the outside but it's HELL on the inside. EVERYONE STAY FAR FAR AWAY!!! I WOULDNT RECOMMEND MY WORST ENEMY TO WORK HERE! THE GIRLS THAT ARE LEFT OVER ARE TERRIBLE! THEY LIE AND ACT FAKE TO YOUR FACE. AND IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE TREATED LIKE A IDEAL IMAGE SLAVE THEN YOU WILL BE FORCED OUT. – less
Innovative, Team Oriented Company With Room For Advancement
Guest Services Consultant II (Current Employee), MissouriOctober 27, 2015
Pros: Great Pay, One Free Treatment Annually, Well Educated Staff, Opportunities For Advancement
I started in July of 2013 as a Guest Services Consultant at an Ideal Image location in Missouri. I am a licensed Esthetician and was working in a spa setting. I wanted a career where I could advance and I desired to work in a more medical esthetic atmosphere. I have been able to find that with Ideal Image. I was a client of Ideal Image before becoming an employee and was incredibly impressed with the facility and the treatments, as well as the staff. The treatment providers are all registered nurses and were highly knowledgeable, as well as very clean and demonstrated a great bedside manner. I felt that if I enjoyed being a guest of Ideal Image as much as I did, that surely I would enjoy working for Ideal Image. The hourly rate starting out was much higher than I had anticipated, not to mention bonus opportunities, and one free service per year.

After a little over a year, I was able to move into a full time position. Roughly six months after that, I applied for a promotion that had become available and obtained that position. It came with a pay raise, as well as extra bonus opportunities. Not only does Ideal Image offer GREAT base pay, the bonus opportunities are phenomenal. In less than two years, I’ve gotten a promotion and over doubled my annual income.

I wanted to be sure that whatever company I associated my name with, was a high quality, reputable company and that is all I have seen from Ideal Image. The thorough research and evaluation that goes into every service we offer is impressive and frankly, how it should be. The treatment providers are – more... highly educated and skilled at the science of each treatment we offer. Education is continual for all staff, which allows us to grow and evolve as Ideal Image continues to expand in this industry. Due to Ideal Image's innovation in the esthetics industry, change is inevitable. Employees do need to be able to evolve with the company. That is not hard though, because Ideal Image offers employees the tools to transition seamlessly.

I have been able to travel to other Ideal Image locations to assist and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Ideal Image has placed me in nice hotels, given me a great daily food allowance, and even provided a rental car. More opportunities are on the horizon and I cannot wait to evolve with this innovative company. It is a beautiful thing to enjoy going to work. I am thankful to be part of the Ideal Image team. – less
Horrible career for a medical professional
Nurse (Current Employee), United statesApril 14, 2015
Pros: One free service a yr. Good coworkers. Job requires little thinking.
Cons: No salary increases, poor upper management, poor training, huge employee turn around, employeer cares more about their revenue than their employess and "guests"
Be careful making a career move with this company. They will offer what seems like a nice salary up front ($45/hr...ask for more they are desperate and will pay it), you will never get a raise...ever! Things are constantly changing and they will continue to ask more of you without compensation. We have had 13 treatment providers come and go in the last 2 yrs, turn around is awful and the moral in the workplace is horrible. You will loose your nursing skills and the training you do get isn't great. Just enough so you can do your job but not enough to feel 100% confident. They will ask unethical things of you often. You will have to become a sales person and try to talk "guests" into getting things they don't need, won't work for their hair color (sell them anyway), or will cost them more than financing a car would. You will constantly have unhappy "guests" that the upper management doesn't have time to deal with so you are left looking like you have poor customer service and very unprofessional. The treatments can take hours (esp ultherapy), are painful for your guests and the guests are often unhappy with the outcomes. If you go through the wonderful "paid training" be careful esp. for newer services they don't given you specific time throughout your normal schedule to review the material so you may do it on your own time unpaid (even though it is required), it will not make you proficient and if you tell them you don't feel proficient they don't care...as long as they are making money. One of the things on their career page talks about intergrity...I have never worked for – more... a company that has less integrity. They would do literally anything to increase their bottom dollar. They don't care about their employees they treat them so unprofessional and like they are disposable (therefore the high turn around). Go somewhere where you can build a career and be treated like the professional that you've worked so hard to become! – less
Misleading company
Nurse (Former Employee), Burlington, MADecember 8, 2015
Pros: Bonuses, No Holiday shifts
Cons: Unavailable management, constant changes, no support, unrealistic hours
Initially this company seems great to work for. Great starting salary, monthly bonus opportunities, the perks of getting the chance to use the services.... but it's not worth it.

There is no support from management or corporate, they pretend that they are available but it is not easy to contact them with questions or concerns as there is no manager on site. The job becomes very monotonous and repetitive and you lose all medical and clinical skills over time. If a guest buys a new service it is imperative for them to be treated immediately, even if it causes other guests to wait or you to stay far past closing, because once a guest starts their treatment they can't refund and get their money back. The "competitive" work environment meant to be incentive to upsell to gain commission, causes tension between all of the employees. Training sessions for new services are brief, usually only one day, you are then expected to be an "expert" and able to perform flawlessly at the following shift for paying customers.

The corporate company polices change month to month. Vacation used to roll over, now it does not. Was promised a 401k upon hiring, took 8 months to set up. Monthly requirements change far too often and there is no consistency. Corporate makes changes based on what is going to allow them to get the most profit. This is a great job for a sales consultant. But for a Nurse, Nurse Practioner or a guest service (front desk) position, it is terrible.
Good/Reasonable pay, TERRIBLE management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAJuly 20, 2012
Pros: large/moderate bonuses monthly
Cons: short/no breaks, poor management, terrible communication
They pay you well but they don't value their employees. If your not a consultant making them money each month you are expendable. They are very reactive vs. being proactive. You'll never have feedback on what you can do to improve your skills/performance or what you do right and how to continue to preform well. It takes forever to get a response from management regarding your schedule, days off, important matters within the center, or concerns. If you voice a concern or complaint look out, it's better to fire you than to take your concerns to heart. It looks like a great employment opportunity on the outside but it's pure poison on the inside. Very money driven and motivated but does not care about existing guests. They expect you to stay late nightly and return to work the next morning. Little to no flexibility with your schedule, even though that is not what I was led to believe, short/no lunches and LOTS of overtime. They want you to eat, sleep and breath Ideal Image. This is not a true "office" job and I would prefer working 3 12-hour shifts with four days off a week vs. 5 10+ hour days at Ideal Image! The new treatments take priority regardless of if time/nurse is available or if appointments are already scheduled. BE CAREFUL when considering employment with this company and weigh all options!!
Worst Place I've ever work
Front Desk Receptionist Professional (Current Employee), TXSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: bonuses (when you met goals) co-workers
Cons: no management, work hours, no work life balance
1st. I find it funny how all the "good" reviews come from Tampa FL where the head office is! This is place is trash, so unbelievably unorganized, and unprofessional it is unreal! The management is non-existing until you do something wrong. The store hours are NEVER the same. Don't make plans to have a life outside of work cause this Tuesday the store may closed and next Tuesday at 1:59 you'll find out you have to be to work at 2:00! Seriously, management as even made the comment "the store hours change so much I don't even know who working anymore" REALLY? You are left to your own devices with making schedules and guest issues. New people who start get no real training before they are thrown to the dogs. The one thing I say the money is good, when we have business and are able to make bonus, oh and I love my Coworkers! Other than that, yea no! If you would like to work for a company with no clear direction and suck you in with big fancy talk and high hopes for the future than be my guest! This place is not Ideal at all. It's a bunch ppl running around like chicken with their heads cut off! Oh and don't email your boss and ask a question, you'll be waiting.
A Great Company that Empowers their Employees
Lead Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Wexford, PAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: helping people on a daily basis, positive atmosphere, incentives to do well
Cons: none come to mind
Ideal Image is a wonderful company to work for. If you have a strong work ethic and you are a quick learner you will do very well with this company. They believe in their employees and provide tons of resources to help every employee grow and learn in whatever direction the employee is interested in. The company is Goal oriented and loves to throw incentive filled challenges your way. You can see the team work in action at every center that you visit. I have learned so many new skills in the last 10 months that will continue to help me become the best that I can be. My regional is a breath of fresh air to work for. Not only does she put her employee's best interest first, she reaches out to all of her employees to help coach them and lift them up whenever they are struggling with a task at work. My co-workers are a true blessing to work with. We maintain a positive atmosphere as well as a productive one. There are so many things that I enjoy about working here. One of the top enjoyable parts is getting the chance to help people change their lives forever by providing a solution to unwanted facial or body hair that has hindered their self image/confidence. It is very rewarding to follow up with a guest and see their new found confidence. You can see it in their walk and hear it in their voice.
Been with Ideal Image for 6 years, and absolutely love my job and this company!
Regional Director Mid-West (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 23, 2015
Pros: Best in the industry, nationwide company, career growth and income potential, amazing teams and teamwork environment
Cons: We are a growing and fast moving organization, so if you struggle with change, this may be a difficult place to work
I've been very fortunate to work for Ideal Image since January of 2010 in a leadership position, and the amount of lives I've seen changed since working here has been simply amazing. I've had the opportunity to find and work with so many talented individuals, that have worked their way through the company and been with us for years. Several have worked their way into national roles with the company including into our corporate headquarters. I believe very strongly that what makes Ideal Image such an amazing company to work for is the team in our centers and the corporate support we receive from our home office. We are given the opportunity to help our guests, empower our team members, and ultimately create a work environment that is both fun to be in, while being rewarding and challenging at the same time.

The #1 priority we look for in new team members, is TEAMWORK!! It's what makes us who we are!!

We have a rock star team of medical professionals, guest service consultants, and a sales consultants in our centers that are 2nd to none. The friendships that are formed in our centers, makes it a fun place for our guests to come and visit us for our services. Been here 6 years, and hope to be here another 6 and beyond. I highly recommend Ideal Image for a long term career if you are ready, able, and willing to be part of the BEST TEAM in the industry!!
Terrible management, no advancement, poor pay
Customer service (Current Employee), TexasOctober 26, 2013
Pros: free soft drinks and water
Cons: poor pay, poor management, long hours, stress
The days of Ideal Image being a great company to work for are over. I'm sure corporate HQ in Florida is a dandy place but the centers all over the country are sweatshops where underpaid and overworked ladies are bullied, intimidated and threatened with termination unless they "agree" to work thru lunches, hours after their shifts and on their days off. The front desk girls are required to basically manage the center for a pittance, the nurses are required to "upsell" guests and work beyond their shifts, and the salespeople have work one weekend a month or "else".
You will be required to work every Saturday, 9am-6pm, and the occasional Sunday or Monday that you have off? Nope, you will be required to work! And if your numbers for your center slip? You will be required to come in on your day off and stay late! 10 or 12 hour work days? Working 12 days in a row? It's expected at Ideal Image!!!
The payoff for all these hours? In Texas the average front desk girl gets $10-$11 an hour and the salespeople get $36000 a year in salary. Bonuses are promised, but corporate keeps raising the targets so that they are unreachable!
No possibility for advancement, you are hired in at your top level. And strangest of all, there is no training. None. You sink or swim. Do not expect Ideal Image to build your resume or advance your career. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Exciting Career
Regional Director (Current Employee), Wisconsin-MinnesotaOctober 12, 2015
What makes me love my job and company:
• Every day is different. It challenges me every day. It is always new and fresh. Never a dull moment. The pace is fast.
• Seeing guests who think there is no solution for their problem. They are at their wits’ end to find a solution. We get to make a positive impact on people’s lives. We contribute to bringing out the best in our guests.
• The direction the company is going. We are growing exponentially adding new services. You feel like you are part of something really big.
• The people I work beside. The commitment they put in on a daily basis is awe-inspiring. Passion in their work is a common place.
• Our products and services are the best. They are researched and researched in Tampa. If they are not the best we do not do them.
• The way they listen to your ideas. They might not go with every single one, but they really listen and care. Creativity is encouraged.
• The strong focused leadership team that acts upon a vision of growth and being the best of the best.
• The way they care about the job the employee does AND the employee!
• The feel the company is 100% behind you.
• The work culture. It is an environment of integrity and team spirit that is 2nd to none. Collegiality is viewed as essential.
• If you tell them your aspirations, work really hard then great things happen!
• The excitement of going to work each and every day!
Great company focused on guests, employees, and growth
Corporate Associate (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 9, 2013
Pros: positive company culture, wellness program at corporate, opportunity for growth or relocation
As someone with a background and education in business, I can really appreciate and applaud the executive team on how they are leading the company toward growth and into new territory. Whenever there is significant change at the top (Ideal Image is now under the global umbrella of Steiner Leisure brands and we have a new, very qualified, and dynamic President), you can expect changes at all levels and, in my opinion, they've all been for the better -- focused on the best Guest experience possible, improved employee satisfaction, and profitability.

The most important things I look for in a company are its culture and opportunity for growth. Overall, everyone plays a part in fostering a supportive and collaborative environment, and there are so many aspects of our business that can be learned! I'm fortunate to have a boss who trusts my judgment and doesn't micromanage (I've worked for others who have hovered, nit-picked, and stifled ideas). If you come into work each day with the right attitude and professionalism, you'll see how lucky you are to work for a company that's an industry leader and strives to do better every day.
A Great Place to Move Forward
Treatment Provider (Current Employee), North Andover, MASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: good benefits, an area of free laser treatments or a cosmetic procedure every year, flexible daily lunch breaks according to your preferences and schedule, great regional manager
Cons: a few late nights, some very busy days
I currently work full time in a Massachusetts location of Ideal Image. It is a fast-paced and rewarding position that I would recommend for anyone looking to begin or continue a career in the beauty industry. My coworkers promote a great environment and make it easy to look forward to coming in every day. My manager works hard to stay on top of her game, and is receptive to our feedback. She is great about clear communication and providing strong direction for her (very diverse) team. There are definitely some draw backs: there are a few late nights, there are a few stressful days, and there are times when things don't seem to go right. Overall, however, I enjoy the time I spend at my job and I have genuine respect for all of the people around me. I feel like I help people, and that my presence matters to my team and my clients. If you are a motivated, driven individual, the sky is the limit for you with this company!
If You Don't Listen To Anything else
Guest Services Consultant (Former Employee), Towson, MD and Arundel MillsJuly 7, 2014
PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS REVIEW. I worked in both the Maryland ARUNDEL AND TOWSON branch of Ideal Image. EVERY SINGLE Guest Service Consultant either walked way in the middle of a shift because we just couldn't take it anymore, or got fired for cursing everyone out. I am NOT a disgruntled former employee. I've made peace with my time there but I would not be at complete peace if I didn't write a review to warn everyone that this is NOT a job you could stay at for more than 3-6 months. They really expect you to NEVER do anything else with your life other than work. I've worked in 97 degree heat with no AC and still had to have my long sleeves under my scrubs. I have worked Saturdays, Sundays, 8 am to 9pm, past 9pm. And don't have a child that you have to go get from daycare. They don't care about your kid. Trust me. There's so much more I can say about this horrible, unorganized,inconsiderate, overbearing, untrustworthy, company but we just don't have that much time. Seriously, flip burgers at McDonalds, make your way up the ladder and be a manager. This is NOT THE PLACE TO WORK!!
I highly recommend Ideal Image
Laser Hair Removal Provider, Physician Assistant (Current Employee), Oklahoma City,OkNovember 24, 2012
Pros: successful company. great training. quality equipment. competitive compensation.
Cons: i accept the cons as a natural part of life and feel silly listing anything.
Before I accepted the job at Ideal Image I read the above reviews. I was concerned about the negative comments that I was reading. I weighed all of the information that I was receiving and decided to begin my relationship with Ideal Image. I have to honestly say, I couldn't be happier. The individual centers are like teams. So we not only have our individual jobs but we pitch in and help each other when needed. I can understand if it is not a good fit for someone who does not like to work "the team spirit" thing. I think there is something to say however about giving your all and reaping the rewards, while being a part of a group effort. A team is only as good as its individual members, and a weal link can disrupt the process. I think this company requires the best people to be the best. If you are just interested in what you can get and not what you are willing to offer, this company is probably not for you.. There are plenty of mediocre jobs out there. This isn't one of them.
Real Review
Supervisor (Current Employee), USASeptember 22, 2015
Pros: Pay/Bonuses, Flexibilty
Cons: Some late nights and weekends
This company has a lot of terrible reviews which is unfortunate. Most of or all of the negative reviews are showing as former employees. Yes, this company DOES have a high turn over, but I believe a lot of it is self driven not company driven. When working for Ideal Image, it is VERY independent based and there is no boss looking over your shoulder 24/7. Which unfortunately leads a lot of people to slack or do things they know they shouldn't be. To be successful in this company you DEF need to be motivated and willing to learn, if you have a personality that needs to constantly be guided or be told what to do and not to do, in all honesty it is probably not the place for you. I started with the company in 2013 and have been very happy since. It is still "work" so yes there are complaints and bad days, but overall I am not looking to leave the company anytime soon. I have flexibility that is hard to find in most corporations, well paid, LOVE what I do and get to work with a very large diverse group of wonderful people! I took a risk leaving my office of 7+ years to come here and I don't regret a second of it!
Ideal Image is the best company hands-down!
Trainer (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 8, 2013
Pros: great compensation, vacation, leadership & development, mentorship, support and empowerment
I come into work with everyday energized and passionate about what I do. I am empowered to make the right decisions and I am not micro-managed. I admire my manager who is a true leader and value upper management in many ways. The culture is phenomenal and has been changing in a very positive way since the arrival of new President, Bruce Fabel. In a very short period of time, Bruce has been able to provide new innovations, ideas, and incentives for Ideal Image employees while creating an incredibly positive impact on all. Everyone here works hard and plays hard. It's not a place for someone who wants to be coddled or spoon-fed. It is a place where you can come with dreams, aspirations, and new ideas and make an impression!! It is where your voice is heard and where you have a chance to grow with integrity. You create your own destination here and I can say whole-heartedly that hard work pays off. This is the best company that I have ever worked for and look forward to many more happy years to come.
ok pay if you give up your life.
Lead Consultant (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: ok pay for a while
Cons: unreasonable demands, no life outside of work, non-existant management, high turnover, no breaks, threats, you smell of burnt oily body hair at the end of your shift
I was hired to work Tuesday through Saturday, 9-6. I was then required to work 8AM to 8PM or 11PM each day. I was expected to work through my lunches almost every day. After I established myself as a success in the company, my goals were set to be unreachable. I was threatened to work almost every Sunday and Monday as well. In a 90 day period, I was only ALLOWED to have 5 days off. Threatening emails were a daily occurrence, and I was one of the most successful in the company. When you had an off day of sales "It happens to everyone", you were treated with such cruelty from management.
The nurses had such a high turnover, that I honestly saw half of them quit in about a one month period. I actually don't blame them. The nurses were all overworked and WAY underpaid for the amount of money that this company keeps raking in.

ONLY WORK HERE IF IT IS IN CORPORATE!!!!
Challenging/ professional career
Field Service Engineer II (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 8, 2013
Pros: professional/ travel/ growing company
As the first person to fill my position at Ideal Image, I have found that it has been extremely enjoyable to know that I am working at a company that truly cares about each employee, and even more about each guest that they treat.

It has been my pleasure to "create" a support department, in-house, and create amazing/ professional relationships with those I work with as well as the great professional relationships formed with companies which whom we deal with on a regular basis. Everyday brings a new challenge. Co-workers are very professional and always willing to help with any issue. (personal or work related).

The most enjoyable part of working at Ideal Image are the people you get to work with and the professionalism of the company. Everyone is an expert at what they do.
It has been such a wonderful experience to know that I have created a department that will grow with the company. (which Ideal Image definitely is!)

military veteran friendly.
Motivational atmosphere!
Multiple physical fitness programs to include paid for 5k corporate runs, yoga, fun runs, and fitness trainer led work-outs.
Headquarters