Pros: some great co-workers
Cons: no work/life balance (money can't make up for this), no maternity leave, unqualified managment, no opportunity for promotion, everything about this company is just horrible
I have to applaud the home office in Tampa who is clearly making an attempt at damage control with bad employee reviews. This is the perfect example of how unauthentic this company bahaves. I honestly believe those saying this is the "best company" either don't have a college education or have never worked for a real company with morals, values and – more... ethics.
My biggest career mistake was accepting a position as a sales consultant with Ideal Image. Soon after beginning employment I was exposed to:
1. HIGH TURNOVER: I have never seen a company with so many open positions and no, this is not due to company expansion. It speaks volumes the company cannot hold onto employees....run the other way! If you voice any concern you will eventually get fired. The only consultants safe are those who keep their mouths shut and eyes down.
2. UNETHICAL BEHAVIOR by sales consultants and management. There have been countless times management verbally said they wanted me to sell to 'guests' who were not canidates for laser hair removal. I have also experienced sales consultants selling to unqualified 'guests' simply to help their closing percent to keep managers off their backs. Management expects you to do whatever it takes to get the 'guest' to make the purchase that day and this includes omitting important information to the consumer to get them to purchase. Now, keep in mind this is a medical procedure that can costs thousands of dollars, how you can expect everyone to make that decision on the spot is insane! If you intend to sell with morals and values in an ethical manner this company is not for you.
3. OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES: As a consultant you will be responsible for paying for any financing fees all the way up to 21% of the purchase price. You will also be responsible to pay for the "free" products given to the 'guest' who purchased up to $400+.
4. ILLEGAL PAY CHANGE: It can be expected changes will occur when new owners take over a company. However, it is not expected these changes would occur in an illegal manner. Ideal Image changed the pay from a $3000 draw, hourly, overtime and commission pay scale to a $3000 draw, commission (made the commission more difficult to achieve), and the consultant was now responsible for "free" products and increased financing fees. For those of us putting in a lot of extra hours this is an extreme paycut. Here's where the problem really starts....the pay change was done WITHOUT WRITTEN NOTICE! This is illegal. Consultants noticed their commission checks were short thousands of dollars. It wasn't until consultants showed concern that the corporate office finally sent out the written notice. Some consultants have gotten lawyers to get their money back.
5. UNQUALIFIED MANAGEMENT: No college degree is needed to be hired. My manager couldn't manage her way out of a paperbag, but she is great at trying to force you to sell to those unqualified to receive laser hair removal. The National Director of the East refers to herself as "Queen Bee" and your "Superior". In my professional career I have never had a manager refer to themselves as a "Superior". It's just laughable.
6. NO WORK/LIFE BALANCE: This job requires you to work Tue-Sat and the last Sunday and Monday of the month. They also expect you to extend your work day on the last Saturday of the month, as well as, staying after business hours to get first time treatments in. There have been many times I have been told I'm to work on days off; you'll never be asked, always told. If you expect to have any life outside of work, think again! You can expect to work 60-80 hours a week. This job will have a negative impact on your personal life with friends, family, boyfriends/husbands/children. You'll notice your health and mindset will take a complete downturn. No money in life is worth this.
7. PTO YOU CAN'T TAKE: You'll have PTO days you won't be able to use because the company can't go a minute without a sales consultant in your center. Even if you put your PTO in months ahead of time, it will not mean you will be given the day off.
8. JOB THREATS: It is common to receive emails stating you're "replaceable" and "there are many girls who would love your job". There's nothing worse than feeling you may lose your job everyday you go to work. The reality is, if you want to know if you'll be getting fired the company will place your job on the internet!
9. NO OPPORTUNITY FOR PROMOTION: Consultants don't get promoted because there's nowhere to go!
I am embarrassed to say I work for Ideal Image! I would never suggest anyone to go here to receive laser hair removal due to their unethical practices. I wouldn't suggest my worst enemy to be employed here! If you're educated and want a real career I encourage you to look elsewhere! I can't get away from this company fast enough! – less