Ideal Image

Ideal Image Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The environment wasn't productive
Project Manager (Former Employee), Clayton, OHMay 29, 2015
The company as a whole was very unorganized from the top to the bottom, workers were not bought into the company. In the short time I was there, I personally had seen 5 people just walk out and quit.
Great
Receptionist (Current Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLApril 30, 2015
This is an amazing company to work for. The staff is great and treat every employee fairly. There is so much opportunity to move up in this company and your coworkers become more like family.

My center director is one of the best Bosses I have ever worked for and our owner is an absolutely outstanding man. He provides so much for his employees.
Dont waste your time or energy
Sales consultant (Current Employee), SeattleApril 23, 2015
Anything you do is never enough, clearly there are people that have more say than you do and not just your higher ups. If a company has such a high turn over rate it probably isn't the people leaving, it's probably the company itself and management..
Horrible career for a medical professional
Nurse (Current Employee), United statesApril 14, 2015
Pros: One free service a yr. Good coworkers. Job requires little thinking.
Cons: No salary increases, poor upper management, poor training, huge employee turn around, employeer cares more about their revenue than their employess and "guests"
Be careful making a career move with this company. They will offer what seems like a nice salary up front ($45/hr...ask for more they are desperate and will pay it), you will never get a raise...ever! Things are constantly changing and they will continue to ask more of you without compensation. We have had 13 treatment providers come and go in the last 2 yrs, turn around is awful and the moral in the workplace is horrible. You will loose your nursing skills and the training you do get isn't great. Just enough so you can do your job but not enough to feel 100% confident. They will ask unethical things of you often. You will have to become a sales person and try to talk "guests" into getting things they don't need, won't work for their hair color (sell them anyway), or will cost them more than financing a car would. You will constantly have unhappy "guests" that the upper management doesn't have time to deal with so you are left looking like you have poor customer service and very unprofessional. The treatments can take hours (esp ultherapy), are painful for your guests and the guests are often unhappy with the outcomes. If you go through the wonderful "paid training" be careful esp. for newer services they don't given you specific time throughout your normal schedule to review the material so you may do it on your own time unpaid (even though it is required), it will not make you proficient and if you tell them you don't feel proficient they don't care...as long as they are making money. One of the things on their career page talks about intergrity...I have never worked for a company that has less integrity. They would do literally anything to increase their bottom dollar. They don't care about their employees they treat them so unprofessional and like they are disposable (therefore the high turn around). Go somewhere where you can build a career and be treated like the professional that you've worked so hard to become!
Minimum pay/stressful environment
Guest Service Consultant (Current Employee), USAApril 8, 2015
Pros: Paid holidays
Cons: long hours, mandatory breaks
This company doesn't acknowledge their employees they only care about how much money your bringing in to company. They want you to sell to whoever even if they are not treatable, then they beat around the bush if a customer wants a refund. Holiday pay is great, but working open to close and having to stay after close just so a first time buyer gets treated is ridiculous. There isn't any coverage when you need it. The hours are extremely long and the pay isn't worth it. You sometimes don't get breaks because of how busy it is, but are told that it's mandatory too take one. Job sounds great but it really isn't, I wouldn't recommend working here.
Getting there
Professional (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 3, 2015
Pros: Co workers are great!
Cons: Compensation isn't competitive
Going through some good changes. Culture is becoming stronger and moral has improved greatly within the past 6 months.
Low Salary and no Upward Movement
Guest Services Consultant (Current Employee), OhioMarch 9, 2015
Pros: easy job, low stress
Cons: low salary and no upward movement
This job would be good for a college student who needs flexible hours and a low stress job. The salary is not high but benefits are offered to full time employees. The Company does not give raises and the only way to move up in the Company is either to become a Sales Consultant or be willing to move to the Corporate Office in Tampa.
A great learning experience
Office Manager (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: learning the ins and outs of a cosmetic medial office
Cons: long hours as well as weekends with no pay raise or advancement opportunity
I have enjoyed working with my coworkers in the center everyday and taking on the responsibility of managing a medical office. However, in two years of employment I have not seen a raise and there is no room for advancement.
Pay sounds GREAT... but there is no room for growth/raises and you lose your skills!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), USAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: starting pay
Cons: loss of nursing skills/no pay raises/horrible company
Money hungry company. RNs beware. You lose your skills, become less marketable, and once you are hired they do not give raises. A few years prior the bonuses were great and work life balance was better but they have a new CEO who has been running the company into the ground. It is not a typical clinic 9-5 job.You are expected to work as late as they want and whenever they want.
A typical day would consist of various appointments from open to close and if someone buys a treatment you have NO choice but to stay after close to perform what was bought (no matter how long it takes because if someone leaves without treatment they are scared they will refund.) It is all about MONEY! The majority of the time the sales consultants want you to treat people that are NOT medically treatable. Use your nursing judgement and do not accept a job with this company.
Productive and fun environment
Senior Data Reporting Analyst (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 4, 2015
Great work environment, challenging at times, but mostly steady, with minimum deadline pressures. Knowledgeable management, great co-workers. Great work/life balance.
Fun work environment
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), Boardman, OHFebruary 2, 2015
Happy environment and pleasant co-workers. Ideal Image offers laser hair removal and skin rejuvenation procedures so it is a happy environment because of the fact that the services are purely elective. Since it is elective cosmetic procedures, the clientele are for the most part happy and excited to be doing these services for themselves.
Some employees you work with are nice
Lead Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Metro Detroit, MIJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: occasionally nice customers that really want your help.
Cons: bad management, charging customers too much money.
The pay in sales is not worth the stress. Management has no sense of leadership. They make "buddies" and show extreme favoritism.
The cost of service to the guest/customers is a rip off. If you want to get free laser hair removal and botox, work here.
Stressful job with decent pay
Cabinet builder (Former Employee), Englewood, OHDecember 29, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: stressful
Ideal Image was a stressful environment due to rushed last minute jobs. How ever they did pay rather well.
Great group of employees to work with
Lead Resource Center Associate (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 14, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, fun employees
Cons: cutting pay by 40%
Part of an elite team of sales consultants within a multi-line lead resource center selling high-end cosmetic medical procedures. Handled high level of inbound and outbound sales calls on a daily basis; responsible for handling and converting approximately 400-500 new leads per month to bring in for face-to-face consultations. Responsible for closing and converting these leads for over 130+ different locations nationally, generating average revenues of $250,000-$400,000 per month. High level of phone and electronic email follow-up daily, weekly, and monthly.
Great work environment with great coworkers
Team Leader (Current Employee), St. LouisDecember 11, 2014
Pros: free treatments
Cons: hours and healthcare
I am a team leader for Ideal Image in St. Louis, Missouri. On a day to day basis I serve as the first contact for guests interested in changing their lives through cosmetic medical procedures. People enjoy working with our company because we are a national leader in the industry, performing millions of treatments with an uncompromising concern for our patient's comfort and safety. As a company we have grown to be a household name.
Declining Company
Sales (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 8, 2014
Ideal Image use to be the place to work. A few years ago a new CEO took over making a lot of bad choices. The company unfortunately continues to not hit their sales goals and puts a lot of pressure on the sales people to try to make up the difference. The upper management team is reaching to anything to try to come a float but unfortunately they continue to make the wrong decisions.
REQUEST TO JOB SHADOW.
Registered Nurse; Laser Treatment Provider (Current Employee), United StatesOctober 19, 2014
Pros: low patient stress
Cons: poor communication with managers, very unrealistic interview process
I was hired at Ideal Image with promises of advancement, great hours and competitive pay and benefits, and I blame myself for not looking further into these claims before accepting the job.

We often work past our scheduled shift, they have a "no raise" policy, most communication with supervisors is via rude emails. The training is little to none even when they are launching new services (in which you get no benefit from learning and providing)

They are very flaky with insurance benefits ( 4 open enrollments in 2 years) and they keep getting more expensive.

I was told I would not have to work late nights, I would work 1 saturday and month and have many opportunities for upward movement, all reasons I took this job and none have come to fruition. This is not a terrible place to work- very low stress when in regards to work load but they are not upfront as to what to expect.

REQUEST TO JOB SHADOW.

November 4, 2014

A treatment provider job shadow has been part of our interview process for years. While Ideal Image cannot promise advancement to every employee, our rapid growth has created opportunities for advancement and we try to promote from within our organization. Ideal Image provides competitive salaries and bonus opportunities. In addition, Ideal Image provides our treatment providers comprehensive benefits, CME allowances, shift differential pay and free cosmetic treatments. We do not have a no raise policy and annual merit increases are awarded. We are always upfront about our center hours during the interview process. We would be happy to discuss any employment concerns with you and encourage you to reach out to a member of our Human Resources team.

Great Compensation Great Benefits
Guest Service Receptionist (Former Employee), VAOctober 2, 2014
Great Compensation Great Benefits

The most enjoyable part of this job was the guests and the hardest part of this job was balancing work and life outside of work.
Productive and supportive environment with wonderful team players
RN (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, great benefits, awesome incentives
I’ve been a nurse for several years now and this is by far the most rewarding nursing job that I’ve had. We treat wonderful people who are so appreciative of the services we provide them.

Our team is made up of awesome individuals who are driven and passionate about what they do. On a daily basis, we are all motivating each other to work harder and reach our goals.

Our manager is one who leads by example. She is such a hard worker who never gives up and keeps us moving forward. She has so much faith in her teams- always cheering us on, keeping us focused, and reminding us of the great job we do! It is her leadership style that brings our region such great success!

The best part is that she listens and your voice is heard. She respects us all as professionals and values our ideas. Her supportive attitude helps us keep calm and thrive on!

If you want to be part of a wonderful team, work for Ideal Image-Boston!
A Great Place to Move Forward
Treatment Provider (Current Employee), North Andover, MASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: good benefits, an area of free laser treatments or a cosmetic procedure every year, flexible daily lunch breaks according to your preferences and schedule, great regional manager
Cons: a few late nights, some very busy days
I currently work full time in a Massachusetts location of Ideal Image. It is a fast-paced and rewarding position that I would recommend for anyone looking to begin or continue a career in the beauty industry. My coworkers promote a great environment and make it easy to look forward to coming in every day. My manager works hard to stay on top of her game, and is receptive to our feedback. She is great about clear communication and providing strong direction for her (very diverse) team. There are definitely some draw backs: there are a few late nights, there are a few stressful days, and there are times when things don't seem to go right. Overall, however, I enjoy the time I spend at my job and I have genuine respect for all of the people around me. I feel like I help people, and that my presence matters to my team and my clients. If you are a motivated, driven individual, the sky is the limit for you with this company!

1 2 3

About Ideal Image

IDEAL IMAGE is a premier global leader in laser hair removal and non-surgical cosmetic services operating through more than 120 – Read more