Ideal Image Employee Reviews

Worst Place To Work
Guest Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAJune 27, 2016
I felt like a slave working 8:30am-9pm (open-close) 6 days out of week with only one day off. You do not get proper training. Felt like a chicken running around with my head cut off. You don't get the same respect from co workers because they been there 2-3+ Not fair at all. No one works as a team. Management is never around so everyone thinks they're boss. No structure at all due to lack of staff commutation and teamwork. No one was genuine. Always had to reschedule guest or cancel appointment after they spent thousands for treatments. Turn people away if they were only 15 mins late. Overall working for this company was ridiculous. Not worth the stress.
Saw job opportunity
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTMay 4, 2016
I would like to have considered this job but after reading all the reviews it appears to be another corporate type managed business that this world is being governed by. HIgh, unrealistic expectations out of employees under stressful parameters to achieve and push sales so their stock holders will continue to give them all their greedy, luxurious life styles at the expense of the employees!! SOOO sad this country has become this common reality. It's "infected" us everywhere!!
Cons
Sadly seems to be too many to make me want to apply
Positive Environment, Team oriented, Strong Communication skills,
Guest Services Consultant II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43219April 18, 2016
Typical day would include checking daily emails, answering phone calls, checking guest in and out, scheduling guest appointments, medical terminology, interact daily with guest so strong customer service skills, filing, scanning charts.
Pros
team players, on going education, positive environment
Cons
Scheduling issues, need another center, super busy location for columbus
Don't bother
Consultant/ Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMarch 29, 2016
This company could care less about you as an employee whether you do good or bad. I became a top seller within two months working there and they still treated me like I was in debt to the company. HR is a joke, they send emails using slang. They change the schedule without notice, they over pack the guest schedule so there is no chance for a break (even though they mandate you take one and will still clock you out!) and paid training is a joke. They send you at least 4 hrs of training modules to complete before your 1st day.This is the only job I have ever held that I actually feel like I need to warn strangers about!
Pros
You and your coworkers will bond over how much you hate this place!
Cons
Oh there are way too many to list!
Great Company
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2016
Overall, a great company to work for. A typical day of work consisted of using our switchboard for high end phone calls and scheduling guest appointments and filing/pulling charts on a daily basis. Making new guest charts and assisting our Lead sales associate and RN's. Also using, of course, team work skills and sending morning and end of day reports.The most enjoyable part of the job is that you're always on the go, and meeting new people which make the work place very fun. You feel accomplished at the end of the day for how much you've done!
Great pay
Center Face to Face/ Lead Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NY 14618March 8, 2016
Great compensation when goals are hit. Providers need to be trained better and corporate in very top heavy. Not much room for improvement.
Pros
Great compensation when goals are hit.
Cons
Inconsistencies, benefits are not the greatest
great atmosphere
Lead Sales Consultant/ Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIJanuary 26, 2016
I love working for Ideal Image I have accomplished and succeeded my expectation for myself and am ready to move on to something more challenging
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
requires late hours and sometimes over 60 hrs per week
AMAZING CAREER
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Grand Rapids, MISeptember 22, 2015
I have been with Ideal Image for over 3 years. If you are looking for a company with growth, Ideal Image has it! I started as a sales consultant and soon after was offered a traveling position and in less than a year with Ideal, a regional manager position. I now have an amazing team I get to work with every day! Ideal Image wants people that are passionate about their career and can work well in a team environment. Ideal also offers a lot of fun and exciting prizes to help motivate the center employees. The last one sent several employees from all over the country to the iheart radio music festival! There is a lot of management support while you help people look and feel their best!
I learned a lot working there.
CHIEF CONSULTANT/CUSTOMER SERVICE/DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 27, 2015
It was interesting working for a Laser hair removal business. I was really not a good fit there as the office was not the type of office I was used to working in probably because it was not run in a professional way.
Pros
I loved working and consulting with the clients.
Cons
The other employees would leave for hours at a time sometimes to shop or run pesonal errands.
DONT WORK HERE
RN (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 15, 2015
The most horrible upper management that I have ever dealt with. No support, all lies, and allllll about the money. They do NOT truly care about guest satisfaction! Also, if you want to see your family or friends at all, DO NOT WORK HERE! They say you get an hour lunch, but that isn't the case! You might get 10 minutes, if you're lucky. They also like to threaten you to come in on your days off or days that they aren't open. BE AWARE! Terrible company to work for.
Run Away do no pass Go
lead consultant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 10, 2015
all of the bad reviews you read are true. the good ones come from corporate. They lie about the pay, draw/commission. The goals are too high to make commission. Management will encourage you to lie to get the sale.
Pros
leaving at the end of the day
Cons
everything
Great company culture! Fun Job!
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 1, 2015
I have been working at Ideal Image for over 4 years. Since I started we have gone through an amazing transformation from only doing laser hair removal to becoming the nation’s leading aesthetic services company. I came from a different industry all together and was very unsure at first if I would like this industry as a career. I couldn’t have made a better choice because I get to make people feel better about themselves and build confidence every day! Ideal Image is a great company to work for that has an engaging corporate culture and stresses the importance of teamwork and recognition. The perks are great too!!! It kills me to see the negative reviews on here. As I mentioned, we have completely transformed the company in an incredibly positive way but unfortunately some people are very resistant to any type of change which causes a negative attitude.
Toxic
Sales (Former Employee) –  OHJune 11, 2015
There is never any management at the office. This can be a good thing but it is usually bad. The company is very sneaky and immature. Much management will act one way towards you then another behind your back. It is ran by high school snotty girls. At least that's the best comparison. Do not work here if you are looking for advancement or pay raise. Your hard work is never noticed or appreciated. No home life balance. The management controls you with fear tactics. Fear of job loss or intimidation. It is not a healthy environment.
Pros
Paid holidays, incentives
Cons
Alot
Great Place To Work
Guest Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHSeptember 29, 2015
I love the people I work with there amazing. The services we provide are great as well. We literally change peoples lives.
Real Review
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  USASeptember 22, 2015
This company has a lot of terrible reviews which is unfortunate. Most of or all of the negative reviews are showing as former employees. Yes, this company DOES have a high turn over, but I believe a lot of it is self driven not company driven. When working for Ideal Image, it is VERY independent based and there is no boss looking over your shoulder 24/7. Which unfortunately leads a lot of people to slack or do things they know they shouldn't be. To be successful in this company you DEF need to be motivated and willing to learn, if you have a personality that needs to constantly be guided or be told what to do and not to do, in all honesty it is probably not the place for you. I started with the company in 2013 and have been very happy since. It is still "work" so yes there are complaints and bad days, but overall I am not looking to leave the company anytime soon. I have flexibility that is hard to find in most corporations, well paid, LOVE what I do and get to work with a very large diverse group of wonderful people! I took a risk leaving my office of 7+ years to come here and I don't regret a second of it!
Pros
Pay/Bonuses, Flexibilty
Cons
Some late nights and weekends
Minimum pay/stressful environment
Guest Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  USAApril 8, 2015
This company doesn't acknowledge their employees they only care about how much money your bringing in to company. They want you to sell to whoever even if they are not treatable, then they beat around the bush if a customer wants a refund. Holiday pay is great, but working open to close and having to stay after close just so a first time buyer gets treated is ridiculous. There isn't any coverage when you need it. The hours are extremely long and the pay isn't worth it. You sometimes don't get breaks because of how busy it is, but are told that it's mandatory too take one. Job sounds great but it really isn't, I wouldn't recommend working here.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
long hours, mandatory breaks
Great
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLApril 30, 2015
This is an amazing company to work for. The staff is great and treat every employee fairly. There is so much opportunity to move up in this company and your coworkers become more like family.

My center director is one of the best Bosses I have ever worked for and our owner is an absolutely outstanding man. He provides so much for his employees.
Low Salary and no Upward Movement
Guest Services Consultant (Current Employee) –  OhioMarch 9, 2015
This job would be good for a college student who needs flexible hours and a low stress job. The salary is not high but benefits are offered to full time employees. The Company does not give raises and the only way to move up in the Company is either to become a Sales Consultant or be willing to move to the Corporate Office in Tampa.
Pros
easy job, low stress
Cons
low salary and no upward movement
Good place of employment
Registered Nurse-Provider (Current Employee) –  Robinson twp, PAJuly 24, 2015
Overall a good job. Management could be more involved. Compensation was very good. Coworkers were a good part of the job. Independent environment.
Terrible Place To Work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJuly 23, 2015
They promise a high compensation package and when you start making their sales goals they re-construct your contract to lower your pay and raise the goals.