Ideal Image

Ideal Image Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Don't leave your job if your recruited to work for them.
Sales consultant (Former Employee), Boston MaAugust 5, 2014
Cons: too many hours, late nights, no recognition, awful regional manager in ma
The guest are amazing, people like you and I. The treatments that we sold are expensive but very effective and safe. I am a sales professional , I was recruited to come work for them, the manager who hired me was wonderful and my team was great. She was fired.
They hired a regional manager who was to manage 5-6 centers, as a manager you want a leader – more... a coach. A sales mentor to learn from. This regional manager is awful, she gossiped from center to center, lost sales, couldn't lead anyone so she would tell other employees your business. She would gossip about nurses to sales and so on. You should be able to have a manager or human resource department to go to confidentially. This manager created a aggressive work environment. The set up will set up a sales consultant to fail. It's sad that they do not listen to employees.
High turn over. – less
A Great Company that Empowers their Employees
Lead Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Wexford, PAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: helping people on a daily basis, positive atmosphere, incentives to do well
Cons: none come to mind
Ideal Image is a wonderful company to work for. If you have a strong work ethic and you are a quick learner you will do very well with this company. They believe in their employees and provide tons of resources to help every employee grow and learn in whatever direction the employee is interested in. The company is Goal oriented and loves to throw incentive – more... filled challenges your way. You can see the team work in action at every center that you visit. I have learned so many new skills in the last 10 months that will continue to help me become the best that I can be. My regional is a breath of fresh air to work for. Not only does she put her employee's best interest first, she reaches out to all of her employees to help coach them and lift them up whenever they are struggling with a task at work. My co-workers are a true blessing to work with. We maintain a positive atmosphere as well as a productive one. There are so many things that I enjoy about working here. One of the top enjoyable parts is getting the chance to help people change their lives forever by providing a solution to unwanted facial or body hair that has hindered their self image/confidence. It is very rewarding to follow up with a guest and see their new found confidence. You can see it in their walk and hear it in their voice. – less
Fun growing company
RN/Treatment Provider (Current Employee), Novi, MIJuly 28, 2014
Awesome coworkers who work well as a team! Management is very motivating to help centers meet monthly goals. Since I started with the company, they have been working hard at rolling out new services in which are fun and exciting! The company provides excellent training for all medical staff so they are familiar and comfortable performing all treatments. – more... Another great benefit is the PTO that all full time employees acquire. – less
Fun, team and goal oriented
RN Provider (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 24, 2014
I am able to see patients and assess their needs prior to and after treatment. Everyone works together as a team and is always willing to help out. I do charting on each patient and work wight he front desk to help them schedule follow up treatments.
If You Don't Listen To Anything else
Guest Services Consultant (Former Employee), Towson, MD and Arundel MillsJuly 7, 2014
PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS REVIEW. I worked in both the Maryland ARUNDEL AND TOWSON branch of Ideal Image. EVERY SINGLE Guest Service Consultant either walked way in the middle of a shift because we just couldn't take it anymore, or got fired for cursing everyone out. I am NOT a disgruntled former employee. I've made peace with my time there but I would – more... not be at complete peace if I didn't write a review to warn everyone that this is NOT a job you could stay at for more than 3-6 months. They really expect you to NEVER do anything else with your life other than work. I've worked in 97 degree heat with no AC and still had to have my long sleeves under my scrubs. I have worked Saturdays, Sundays, 8 am to 9pm, past 9pm. And don't have a child that you have to go get from daycare. They don't care about your kid. Trust me. There's so much more I can say about this horrible, unorganized,inconsiderate, overbearing, untrustworthy, company but we just don't have that much time. Seriously, flip burgers at McDonalds, make your way up the ladder and be a manager. This is NOT THE PLACE TO WORK!! – less
Cosmetics
Registered Nurse-Treatment Provider (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJune 12, 2014
Great place to gain experience and learn new cosmetic services.
Good Place to work
Cosmetologist and front desk receptionist (Former Employee), Toledo OhioMay 28, 2014
Good place to work, Great people to work with just not a lot of room for advancement.
fast paced with a high employee turn over
Guest Service Consultant (Current Employee), North Haven, CTMay 6, 2014
When I first started the company was run in one way, but years later it had changed and not for the best.
New to company, but loving it!
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), east coastApril 19, 2014
Pros: free treatment, great people
Cons: none any different than any other job
I am a seasoned nurse and now an NP. Ideal Image is by far the best job I ever had, pts that want to be there, no insurance, no drama, no bed pans, no night shifts, and still great pay. A busy day at the clinic by no way compares to a busy day at any hospital. I am very happy and satisfied.
ok pay if you give up your life.
Lead Consultant (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: ok pay for a while
Cons: unreasonable demands, no life outside of work, non-existant management, high turnover, no breaks, threats, you smell of burnt oily body hair at the end of your shift
I was hired to work Tuesday through Saturday, 9-6. I was then required to work 8AM to 8PM or 11PM each day. I was expected to work through my lunches almost every day. After I established myself as a success in the company, my goals were set to be unreachable. I was threatened to work almost every Sunday and Monday as well. In a 90 day period, I was – more... only ALLOWED to have 5 days off. Threatening emails were a daily occurrence, and I was one of the most successful in the company. When you had an off day of sales "It happens to everyone", you were treated with such cruelty from management.
The nurses had such a high turnover, that I honestly saw half of them quit in about a one month period. I actually don't blame them. The nurses were all overworked and WAY underpaid for the amount of money that this company keeps raking in.

ONLY WORK HERE IF IT IS IN CORPORATE!!!! – less
Flexible, creative and fun environment
Owner (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: owner - lots of creativity.
Cons: very stressful. took work home everyday. long hours.
As the owner of this company, I could be extremely flexible. A typical workday involved meeting with homeowners or homebuilders. Consulting with them on desgin ideas. Creating design boards of products to be used in the remodel or construction design. Constant communication with sub-contractors to schedule work to be performed. Ensuring tasks stay on – more... schedule.

Getting the subs to stay on schedule was sometimes difficult. Often times they would pull a few workers off to go to another job which would slow down the construction/remodel process. I had to continually stay on top of this. With independent subs, this can be very difficult to monitor.

Helping to create an ideal living space and seeing the end result was always extremely rewarding. – less
productive workplace
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 7, 2013
I entered invoices and did journal entries on a weekly basis along with cutting checks for multiple vendors. While i was there I learn the Epicor accounting system.
Terrible management, no advancement, poor pay
Customer service (Current Employee), TexasOctober 26, 2013
Pros: free soft drinks and water
Cons: poor pay, poor management, long hours, stress
The days of Ideal Image being a great company to work for are over. I'm sure corporate HQ in Florida is a dandy place but the centers all over the country are sweatshops where underpaid and overworked ladies are bullied, intimidated and threatened with termination unless they "agree" to work thru lunches, hours after their shifts and on their days off. – more... The front desk girls are required to basically manage the center for a pittance, the nurses are required to "upsell" guests and work beyond their shifts, and the salespeople have work one weekend a month or "else".
You will be required to work every Saturday, 9am-6pm, and the occasional Sunday or Monday that you have off? Nope, you will be required to work! And if your numbers for your center slip? You will be required to come in on your day off and stay late! 10 or 12 hour work days? Working 12 days in a row? It's expected at Ideal Image!!!
The payoff for all these hours? In Texas the average front desk girl gets $10-$11 an hour and the salespeople get $36000 a year in salary. Bonuses are promised, but corporate keeps raising the targets so that they are unreachable!
No possibility for advancement, you are hired in at your top level. And strangest of all, there is no training. None. You sink or swim. Do not expect Ideal Image to build your resume or advance your career. I would not recommend this company to anyone. – less
Empowered Employess
Digital Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 11, 2013
Cons: health insurance and retirement benefits could be better.
Since joining Ideal Image, I couldn't be happier. My boss never micro-manages or tells me what to do. She is someone who trusts her employees, and encourages us to make our own decisions, while guiding us along the way. The management is highly receptive to new ideas, and like to move fast. Our new President is full of energy and new ideas. He, and – more... the rest of the management always make themselves available to talk to, and are happy to teach and mentor others. – less
Best in Class Company
Human Resources (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 8, 2013
Pros: leadership
My time spent working at Ideal Image has been fantastic! Ideal Image is experiencing rapid growth which has presented opportunities for me. The culture is collaborative, warm and friendly. The company cares about their employees and encourages ideas from every employee. Prior to making my decision to join Ideal Image, I was concerned about some of the – more... negative company reviews. I found the positive employee testimonies on the company career site and my conversations with employees currently working for Ideal Image during my interview process comforting. Ideal Image is truly a wonderful company! – less
Worst Place I've ever work
Front Desk Receptionist Professional (Current Employee), TXSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: bonuses (when you met goals) co-workers
Cons: no management, work hours, no work life balance
1st. I find it funny how all the "good" reviews come from Tampa FL where the head office is! This is place is trash, so unbelievably unorganized, and unprofessional it is unreal! The management is non-existing until you do something wrong. The store hours are NEVER the same. Don't make plans to have a life outside of work cause this Tuesday the store – more... may closed and next Tuesday at 1:59 you'll find out you have to be to work at 2:00! Seriously, management as even made the comment "the store hours change so much I don't even know who working anymore" REALLY? You are left to your own devices with making schedules and guest issues. New people who start get no real training before they are thrown to the dogs. The one thing I say the money is good, when we have business and are able to make bonus, oh and I love my Coworkers! Other than that, yea no! If you would like to work for a company with no clear direction and suck you in with big fancy talk and high hopes for the future than be my guest! This place is not Ideal at all. It's a bunch ppl running around like chicken with their heads cut off! Oh and don't email your boss and ask a question, you'll be waiting. – less
Couldn't Ask For a Better Place to Work
Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: fun place to work, great benefits, intelligent people.
If I were able to give Ideal Image five stars for overall rating, I would have. Ideal Image has an indescribable culture, with a professional and caring environment. The company brings out the ambitious, and healthy side of me. Honestly, joining Ideal Image was truly one of the best decisions of my life, and I couldn't have asked for a more positive – more... experience.

Ideal Image believes in work/life balance, which has proven hard to come by. They offer great benefits such as health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, and paid time off. My co-workers have become like family, and it has been the greatest blessing.

There will always be people that only focus on the negative, and I believe it is a direct reflection of their attitude in their personal and professional life. You will be much happier when you understand the good things in your life, and not the small (usually insignificant) negatives. – less
HIGH TURNOVER. BAD CAREER DECISION. YOU WILL REGRET WORKING HERE!
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), United StatesAugust 14, 2013
Pros: some great co-workers
Cons: no work/life balance (money can't make up for this), no maternity leave, unqualified managment, no opportunity for promotion, everything about this company is just horrible
I have to applaud the home office in Tampa who is clearly making an attempt at damage control with bad employee reviews. This is the perfect example of how unauthentic this company bahaves. I honestly believe those saying this is the "best company" either don't have a college education or have never worked for a real company with morals, values and – more... ethics.

My biggest career mistake was accepting a position as a sales consultant with Ideal Image. Soon after beginning employment I was exposed to:

1. HIGH TURNOVER: I have never seen a company with so many open positions and no, this is not due to company expansion. It speaks volumes the company cannot hold onto employees....run the other way! If you voice any concern you will eventually get fired. The only consultants safe are those who keep their mouths shut and eyes down.

2. UNETHICAL BEHAVIOR by sales consultants and management. There have been countless times management verbally said they wanted me to sell to 'guests' who were not canidates for laser hair removal. I have also experienced sales consultants selling to unqualified 'guests' simply to help their closing percent to keep managers off their backs. Management expects you to do whatever it takes to get the 'guest' to make the purchase that day and this includes omitting important information to the consumer to get them to purchase. Now, keep in mind this is a medical procedure that can costs thousands of dollars, how you can expect everyone to make that decision on the spot is insane! If you intend to sell with morals and values in an ethical manner this company is not for you.

3. OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES: As a consultant you will be responsible for paying for any financing fees all the way up to 21% of the purchase price. You will also be responsible to pay for the "free" products given to the 'guest' who purchased up to $400+.

4. ILLEGAL PAY CHANGE: It can be expected changes will occur when new owners take over a company. However, it is not expected these changes would occur in an illegal manner. Ideal Image changed the pay from a $3000 draw, hourly, overtime and commission pay scale to a $3000 draw, commission (made the commission more difficult to achieve), and the consultant was now responsible for "free" products and increased financing fees. For those of us putting in a lot of extra hours this is an extreme paycut. Here's where the problem really starts....the pay change was done WITHOUT WRITTEN NOTICE! This is illegal. Consultants noticed their commission checks were short thousands of dollars. It wasn't until consultants showed concern that the corporate office finally sent out the written notice. Some consultants have gotten lawyers to get their money back.

5. UNQUALIFIED MANAGEMENT: No college degree is needed to be hired. My manager couldn't manage her way out of a paperbag, but she is great at trying to force you to sell to those unqualified to receive laser hair removal. The National Director of the East refers to herself as "Queen Bee" and your "Superior". In my professional career I have never had a manager refer to themselves as a "Superior". It's just laughable.

6. NO WORK/LIFE BALANCE: This job requires you to work Tue-Sat and the last Sunday and Monday of the month. They also expect you to extend your work day on the last Saturday of the month, as well as, staying after business hours to get first time treatments in. There have been many times I have been told I'm to work on days off; you'll never be asked, always told. If you expect to have any life outside of work, think again! You can expect to work 60-80 hours a week. This job will have a negative impact on your personal life with friends, family, boyfriends/husbands/children. You'll notice your health and mindset will take a complete downturn. No money in life is worth this.

7. PTO YOU CAN'T TAKE: You'll have PTO days you won't be able to use because the company can't go a minute without a sales consultant in your center. Even if you put your PTO in months ahead of time, it will not mean you will be given the day off.

8. JOB THREATS: It is common to receive emails stating you're "replaceable" and "there are many girls who would love your job". There's nothing worse than feeling you may lose your job everyday you go to work. The reality is, if you want to know if you'll be getting fired the company will place your job on the internet!

9. NO OPPORTUNITY FOR PROMOTION: Consultants don't get promoted because there's nowhere to go!

I am embarrassed to say I work for Ideal Image! I would never suggest anyone to go here to receive laser hair removal due to their unethical practices. I wouldn't suggest my worst enemy to be employed here! If you're educated and want a real career I encourage you to look elsewhere! I can't get away from this company fast enough! – less
Great company focused on guests, employees, and growth
Corporate Associate (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 9, 2013
Pros: positive company culture, wellness program at corporate, opportunity for growth or relocation
As someone with a background and education in business, I can really appreciate and applaud the executive team on how they are leading the company toward growth and into new territory. Whenever there is significant change at the top (Ideal Image is now under the global umbrella of Steiner Leisure brands and we have a new, very qualified, and dynamic – more... President), you can expect changes at all levels and, in my opinion, they've all been for the better -- focused on the best Guest experience possible, improved employee satisfaction, and profitability.

The most important things I look for in a company are its culture and opportunity for growth. Overall, everyone plays a part in fostering a supportive and collaborative environment, and there are so many aspects of our business that can be learned! I'm fortunate to have a boss who trusts my judgment and doesn't micromanage (I've worked for others who have hovered, nit-picked, and stifled ideas). If you come into work each day with the right attitude and professionalism, you'll see how lucky you are to work for a company that's an industry leader and strives to do better every day. – less
Ideal Image is the best company hands-down!
Trainer (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 8, 2013
Pros: great compensation, vacation, leadership & development, mentorship, support and empowerment
I come into work with everyday energized and passionate about what I do. I am empowered to make the right decisions and I am not micro-managed. I admire my manager who is a true leader and value upper management in many ways. The culture is phenomenal and has been changing in a very positive way since the arrival of new President, Bruce Fabel. In a – more... very short period of time, Bruce has been able to provide new innovations, ideas, and incentives for Ideal Image employees while creating an incredibly positive impact on all. Everyone here works hard and plays hard. It's not a place for someone who wants to be coddled or spoon-fed. It is a place where you can come with dreams, aspirations, and new ideas and make an impression!! It is where your voice is heard and where you have a chance to grow with integrity. You create your own destination here and I can say whole-heartedly that hard work pays off. This is the best company that I have ever worked for and look forward to many more happy years to come. – less

About Ideal Image

OUR MISSION, PROMISE AND SERVICES OFFERED Our mission is to help you become your personal best, by offering state-of-the-art – Read more