Ideal Image

Ideal Image Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Flexible, creative and fun environment
Owner (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: owner - lots of creativity.
Cons: very stressful. took work home everyday. long hours.
As the owner of this company, I could be extremely flexible. A typical workday involved meeting with homeowners or homebuilders. Consulting with them on desgin ideas. Creating design boards of products to be used in the remodel or construction design. Constant communication with sub-contractors to schedule work to be performed. Ensuring tasks stay on – more... schedule.

Getting the subs to stay on schedule was sometimes difficult. Often times they would pull a few workers off to go to another job which would slow down the construction/remodel process. I had to continually stay on top of this. With independent subs, this can be very difficult to monitor.

Helping to create an ideal living space and seeing the end result was always extremely rewarding. – less
productive workplace
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 7, 2013
I entered invoices and did journal entries on a weekly basis along with cutting checks for multiple vendors. While i was there I learn the Epicor accounting system.
Terrible management, no advancement, poor pay
Customer service (Current Employee), TexasOctober 26, 2013
Pros: free soft drinks and water
Cons: poor pay, poor management, long hours, stress
The days of Ideal Image being a great company to work for are over. I'm sure corporate HQ in Florida is a dandy place but the centers all over the country are sweatshops where underpaid and overworked ladies are bullied, intimidated and threatened with termination unless they "agree" to work thru lunches, hours after their shifts and on their days off. – more... The front desk girls are required to basically manage the center for a pittance, the nurses are required to "upsell" guests and work beyond their shifts, and the salespeople have work one weekend a month or "else".
You will be required to work every Saturday, 9am-6pm, and the occasional Sunday or Monday that you have off? Nope, you will be required to work! And if your numbers for your center slip? You will be required to come in on your day off and stay late! 10 or 12 hour work days? Working 12 days in a row? It's expected at Ideal Image!!!
The payoff for all these hours? In Texas the average front desk girl gets $10-$11 an hour and the salespeople get $36000 a year in salary. Bonuses are promised, but corporate keeps raising the targets so that they are unreachable!
No possibility for advancement, you are hired in at your top level. And strangest of all, there is no training. None. You sink or swim. Do not expect Ideal Image to build your resume or advance your career. I would not recommend this company to anyone. – less
Empowered Employess
Digital Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 11, 2013
Cons: health insurance and retirement benefits could be better.
Since joining Ideal Image, I couldn't be happier. My boss never micro-manages or tells me what to do. She is someone who trusts her employees, and encourages us to make our own decisions, while guiding us along the way. The management is highly receptive to new ideas, and like to move fast. Our new President is full of energy and new ideas. He, and – more... the rest of the management always make themselves available to talk to, and are happy to teach and mentor others. – less
Best in Class Company
Human Resources (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 8, 2013
Pros: leadership
My time spent working at Ideal Image has been fantastic! Ideal Image is experiencing rapid growth which has presented opportunities for me. The culture is collaborative, warm and friendly. The company cares about their employees and encourages ideas from every employee. Prior to making my decision to join Ideal Image, I was concerned about some of the – more... negative company reviews. I found the positive employee testimonies on the company career site and my conversations with employees currently working for Ideal Image during my interview process comforting. Ideal Image is truly a wonderful company! – less
Worst Place I've ever work
Front Desk Receptionist Professional (Current Employee), TXSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: bonuses (when you met goals) co-workers
Cons: no management, work hours, no work life balance
1st. I find it funny how all the "good" reviews come from Tampa FL where the head office is! This is place is trash, so unbelievably unorganized, and unprofessional it is unreal! The management is non-existing until you do something wrong. The store hours are NEVER the same. Don't make plans to have a life outside of work cause this Tuesday the store – more... may closed and next Tuesday at 1:59 you'll find out you have to be to work at 2:00! Seriously, management as even made the comment "the store hours change so much I don't even know who working anymore" REALLY? You are left to your own devices with making schedules and guest issues. New people who start get no real training before they are thrown to the dogs. The one thing I say the money is good, when we have business and are able to make bonus, oh and I love my Coworkers! Other than that, yea no! If you would like to work for a company with no clear direction and suck you in with big fancy talk and high hopes for the future than be my guest! This place is not Ideal at all. It's a bunch ppl running around like chicken with their heads cut off! Oh and don't email your boss and ask a question, you'll be waiting. – less
Couldn't Ask For a Better Place to Work
Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: fun place to work, great benefits, intelligent people.
If I were able to give Ideal Image five stars for overall rating, I would have. Ideal Image has an indescribable culture, with a professional and caring environment. The company brings out the ambitious, and healthy side of me. Honestly, joining Ideal Image was truly one of the best decisions of my life, and I couldn't have asked for a more positive – more... experience.

Ideal Image believes in work/life balance, which has proven hard to come by. They offer great benefits such as health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, and paid time off. My co-workers have become like family, and it has been the greatest blessing.

There will always be people that only focus on the negative, and I believe it is a direct reflection of their attitude in their personal and professional life. You will be much happier when you understand the good things in your life, and not the small (usually insignificant) negatives. – less
HIGH TURNOVER. BAD CAREER DECISION. YOU WILL REGRET WORKING HERE!
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), United StatesAugust 14, 2013
Pros: some great co-workers
Cons: no work/life balance (money can't make up for this), no maternity leave, unqualified managment, no opportunity for promotion, everything about this company is just horrible
I have to applaud the home office in Tampa who is clearly making an attempt at damage control with bad employee reviews. This is the perfect example of how unauthentic this company bahaves. I honestly believe those saying this is the "best company" either don't have a college education or have never worked for a real company with morals, values and – more... ethics.

My biggest career mistake was accepting a position as a sales consultant with Ideal Image. Soon after beginning employment I was exposed to:

1. HIGH TURNOVER: I have never seen a company with so many open positions and no, this is not due to company expansion. It speaks volumes the company cannot hold onto employees....run the other way! If you voice any concern you will eventually get fired. The only consultants safe are those who keep their mouths shut and eyes down.

2. UNETHICAL BEHAVIOR by sales consultants and management. There have been countless times management verbally said they wanted me to sell to 'guests' who were not canidates for laser hair removal. I have also experienced sales consultants selling to unqualified 'guests' simply to help their closing percent to keep managers off their backs. Management expects you to do whatever it takes to get the 'guest' to make the purchase that day and this includes omitting important information to the consumer to get them to purchase. Now, keep in mind this is a medical procedure that can costs thousands of dollars, how you can expect everyone to make that decision on the spot is insane! If you intend to sell with morals and values in an ethical manner this company is not for you.

3. OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES: As a consultant you will be responsible for paying for any financing fees all the way up to 21% of the purchase price. You will also be responsible to pay for the "free" products given to the 'guest' who purchased up to $400+.

4. ILLEGAL PAY CHANGE: It can be expected changes will occur when new owners take over a company. However, it is not expected these changes would occur in an illegal manner. Ideal Image changed the pay from a $3000 draw, hourly, overtime and commission pay scale to a $3000 draw, commission (made the commission more difficult to achieve), and the consultant was now responsible for "free" products and increased financing fees. For those of us putting in a lot of extra hours this is an extreme paycut. Here's where the problem really starts....the pay change was done WITHOUT WRITTEN NOTICE! This is illegal. Consultants noticed their commission checks were short thousands of dollars. It wasn't until consultants showed concern that the corporate office finally sent out the written notice. Some consultants have gotten lawyers to get their money back.

5. UNQUALIFIED MANAGEMENT: No college degree is needed to be hired. My manager couldn't manage her way out of a paperbag, but she is great at trying to force you to sell to those unqualified to receive laser hair removal. The National Director of the East refers to herself as "Queen Bee" and your "Superior". In my professional career I have never had a manager refer to themselves as a "Superior". It's just laughable.

6. NO WORK/LIFE BALANCE: This job requires you to work Tue-Sat and the last Sunday and Monday of the month. They also expect you to extend your work day on the last Saturday of the month, as well as, staying after business hours to get first time treatments in. There have been many times I have been told I'm to work on days off; you'll never be asked, always told. If you expect to have any life outside of work, think again! You can expect to work 60-80 hours a week. This job will have a negative impact on your personal life with friends, family, boyfriends/husbands/children. You'll notice your health and mindset will take a complete downturn. No money in life is worth this.

7. PTO YOU CAN'T TAKE: You'll have PTO days you won't be able to use because the company can't go a minute without a sales consultant in your center. Even if you put your PTO in months ahead of time, it will not mean you will be given the day off.

8. JOB THREATS: It is common to receive emails stating you're "replaceable" and "there are many girls who would love your job". There's nothing worse than feeling you may lose your job everyday you go to work. The reality is, if you want to know if you'll be getting fired the company will place your job on the internet!

9. NO OPPORTUNITY FOR PROMOTION: Consultants don't get promoted because there's nowhere to go!

I am embarrassed to say I work for Ideal Image! I would never suggest anyone to go here to receive laser hair removal due to their unethical practices. I wouldn't suggest my worst enemy to be employed here! If you're educated and want a real career I encourage you to look elsewhere! I can't get away from this company fast enough! – less
Great company focused on guests, employees, and growth
Corporate Associate (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 9, 2013
Pros: positive company culture, wellness program at corporate, opportunity for growth or relocation
As someone with a background and education in business, I can really appreciate and applaud the executive team on how they are leading the company toward growth and into new territory. Whenever there is significant change at the top (Ideal Image is now under the global umbrella of Steiner Leisure brands and we have a new, very qualified, and dynamic – more... President), you can expect changes at all levels and, in my opinion, they've all been for the better -- focused on the best Guest experience possible, improved employee satisfaction, and profitability.

The most important things I look for in a company are its culture and opportunity for growth. Overall, everyone plays a part in fostering a supportive and collaborative environment, and there are so many aspects of our business that can be learned! I'm fortunate to have a boss who trusts my judgment and doesn't micromanage (I've worked for others who have hovered, nit-picked, and stifled ideas). If you come into work each day with the right attitude and professionalism, you'll see how lucky you are to work for a company that's an industry leader and strives to do better every day. – less
Ideal Image is the best company hands-down!
Trainer (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 8, 2013
Pros: great compensation, vacation, leadership & development, mentorship, support and empowerment
I come into work with everyday energized and passionate about what I do. I am empowered to make the right decisions and I am not micro-managed. I admire my manager who is a true leader and value upper management in many ways. The culture is phenomenal and has been changing in a very positive way since the arrival of new President, Bruce Fabel. In a – more... very short period of time, Bruce has been able to provide new innovations, ideas, and incentives for Ideal Image employees while creating an incredibly positive impact on all. Everyone here works hard and plays hard. It's not a place for someone who wants to be coddled or spoon-fed. It is a place where you can come with dreams, aspirations, and new ideas and make an impression!! It is where your voice is heard and where you have a chance to grow with integrity. You create your own destination here and I can say whole-heartedly that hard work pays off. This is the best company that I have ever worked for and look forward to many more happy years to come. – less
Challenging/ professional career
Field Service Engineer II (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 8, 2013
Pros: professional/ travel/ growing company
As the first person to fill my position at Ideal Image, I have found that it has been extremely enjoyable to know that I am working at a company that truly cares about each employee, and even more about each guest that they treat.

It has been my pleasure to "create" a support department, in-house, and create amazing/ professional relationships with – more... those I work with as well as the great professional relationships formed with companies which whom we deal with on a regular basis. Everyday brings a new challenge. Co-workers are very professional and always willing to help with any issue. (personal or work related).

The most enjoyable part of working at Ideal Image are the people you get to work with and the professionalism of the company. Everyone is an expert at what they do.
It has been such a wonderful experience to know that I have created a department that will grow with the company. (which Ideal Image definitely is!)

military veteran friendly.
Motivational atmosphere!
Multiple physical fitness programs to include paid for 5k corporate runs, yoga, fun runs, and fitness trainer led work-outs. – less
Great CoWorkers, Enjoy Going to Work Each Day
Provider (Current Employee), TexasAugust 2, 2013
The guests are so grateful and really appreciate you as a nurse, very different from hospital life. The environment is still fast-paced and challenging with something new to learn everyday. Coworkers and the team environment across the nation are the best, feels like you are joining a family not a company.
HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK!!!!
Guest Services Consultant (Former Employee), ColumbusMay 22, 2013
Pros: i dont work here anymore
Cons: everything!! schedule, unreliable managers, drama
I was first told that this was an amazing company to work for and it will be a life changing job. It seemed very true at first, I was flown to Wisconsin for training under my regional manager. I then trained for an additional week during the opening of the Dayton office. The more time I spent with her (Sara) I learned how much she didnt know anything – more... about the job she hired me for, all she cared about was how much money is being made, not how the guests are treated. We opened the Columbus location in September 2012. Sales were booming, guests first treatments were going great. My position was to make everything run smoothly, to be the liason between the sales consultants and the nurse practitioners that did the treatments. I constantly felt like a circus act, juggling the wants and needs of everyone and the attitudes. After a few months went by I got use to the drama. But one thing I couldnt get use to was the unfair way the guests were treated. New Guests that sign up took priority over Existing guests treatments because we were told after a sale they need to be treated ASAP so if they want to cancel they CAN'T because they signed a contract and started treatment. They also raised prices in February due to the new products. We were trained to tell the guests they were complimentary, but we charged them way more!! One thing everyone should know is that there were ALOT OF GUESTS that were treated on the the YAG(laser machine for dark skin types) that started getting skin circles!!! They tell you that this will go away, IT WILL NOT GO AWAY UNLESS YOU USE BLEACHING CREAM WHICH CAN CAUSE EVEN MORE PROBLEMS. the contract you sign keeps you from being able to sue for this complication!!!! As soon as I saw this happen to a handful of guests I stopped gettin my free treatments, I was scared I would have negative results as well!!! The schedule was a joke, due to always trying to fit in all the new guests, it pushed back our schedule. We stayed late almost every night. Not just that but if someone needed to reschedule or if we had to reschedule due to being so behind we were scheduling weeks out, which means the guests treatments werent going to be as benificial because they were outside their treatment window!!!! This place is so full of DRAMA!!! In January one of the Nurse Practitioners was fired due to allegations by the other girls not liking her and making false reports to corporate that she was drinking alcohol on the job!!! Second one of the Lead Consultants was fired due to allegations about drugs/ not completely disclosed reasons even tho she was the best performing consultant but the regional manager always acted threatened by her. They hired another girl for Guest Services, she was told she would have 30+ hours a week, she was lied to. She was only schedule 10 hrs a week for 2 months until I stopped working there. This is the most stressful place. Do not, I repeat, do not get involved with this horrible place. As of February They changed the bonus structure due to the new CEO, I thought things would be better, but they got SOOOOO MUCH WORSE. All of the goals that were set for bonus structure were completely unreachable. This was obviously stressful to know that we can work as hard as possible but will no longer be getting paid as much becuase they want more money in the corporate pockets. Because of the new requirements and Due to being worked like a slave, the 2nd nurse practitioner quit last month because she couldnt take the stress of doing 40+ treatments by herself all day working open past close. If you voice a concern or complaint look out, it's better to fire you than to take your concerns seriously. It looks like a great employment opportunity on the outside but it's HELL on the inside. EVERYONE STAY FAR FAR AWAY!!! I WOULDNT RECOMMEND MY WORST ENEMY TO WORK HERE! THE GIRLS THAT ARE LEFT OVER ARE TERRIBLE! THEY LIE AND ACT FAKE TO YOUR FACE. AND IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE TREATED LIKE A IDEAL IMAGE SLAVE THEN YOU WILL BE FORCED OUT. – less
PLEASE DONT DO IT!!!
sales (Former Employee), phoenix azApril 28, 2013
Cons: alot!! aweful pay, unprofessional people, ridiculous bosses, aweful work
after applying for months to just get a job they finally called me. I accepted the job and began work 1 week later,, talk about dealing with stupid people! The customers were always nice, mayb becuz u don't see them on a daily basis,, but ALL the women,, including some nurses but mostly management and sales girls have the worst attitude!! And hearing – more... them talk bad about clients is the worst! I started looking for a different job right away! Be careful with the PTO,, they fight u to let you use it... This is a terrible company,, there customer service sucks as well as the work – less
Take serious consideration before working for this company!!!!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Augusta, GAMarch 19, 2013
Overall, I do believe in Ideal Image's product (laser hair removal). I have seen it work and I have completed it on myself. With that being said, there are people out there who are not the best candidates for this procedure. It depends on skin type and hair color, among many other things. These are things that should definitely be considered and talked – more... about during the consultation. And, of course, you have to be compliant. The consultant (sales person) should explain all of this to you. Now, is all of this info given to you in a consultation before you hand over the money.....majority of the time...NO!!! In my opinion, there are very few consultants with morals at this company and the ones that do have morals get fired! They have the highest turnover rate for consultants and managers I have ever seen. Management is very inconsistent. You can go for months doing something the way you were told and then, all of a sudden, you are handed a corrective action form or being "spoke to". They never bother to ask you if you were aware of a new policy or change or even what your previous manager communicated to you. They make changes constantly and if you are not aware of them somehow it's your fault. It's all about power and money. Most of the decisions made come from people you will never meet. As a nurse, the hours are definitely a plus when compared to working a hospital floor. But the way they sell you the job does not portray it correctly. They say it is like a 9-5 job, etc. and technically it is. If the consultant makes a sell at the end of the day someone is expected to stay and treat this person and you are expected to fit these treatments in all day. You could have a slam packed schedule but they still want you to fit in "1st time treatments". With the type of person I am, I could never agree with this. I will always take my time to insure the Guest fully understands all aspects of the treatment and I complete a safe, effective, and thorough treatment. Management does not appear to care about this. I have never seen a manager step behind treatment doors to see what we do as nurses. As nurses, we are the ones who review the medical history and any possible contraindications. Once we sign our name to that paper we are stating that person is clear for treatment (a MD will review the chart at a later date, state laws determine how much has to be overseen by the MD). During the 1st treatment, we also have to review exactly what happens during treatment, the process and what to expect during the next 8 weeks, what you can and cannot do during the 18 month treatment span. Does management take all of this into consideration??? I highly doubt it because if they did they would not state it can be done in 10 minutes. Now, if the nurses have ample time to fit in a treatment, that is understandable but it is very rare. In my experience, the main reason they almost demand that these 1st treatments are completed is to insure that the Guest is locked into the contract and most likely will not receive a full refund if they decide to no longer continue treatments. There are so many factors that they do not consider when they decide how you as a nurse should do your job. They also expect you to cover other nurses' schedules. It is very hard to get time off even though you do receive PTO. They normally want you to have your schedule covered or request a traveling nurse but there are a lot of stipulations to that. The way PTO is handled between different managers is also very inconsistent. I did find that nurses in other locations had no problem getting time off or were told to handle it in ways that I had been told were a last resort. They also want the nurses to participate in the sales. This is another thing that you will not be told prior to starting your job. In general, they treat their employees very poor. Now, if they like you, they will appear to fight for you, but the minute they feel you have crossed them in any way you are out the door! And when I say crossed, I mean it could be as simple as voicing your opinion or standing for what you believe in. No company or job is perfect and I know that but unfortunately, I have seen this company treat very good employees who have put everything they have in this job like they were nothing. And this has happened more than I would like to say. I have personally never been treated as badly by a company than the way I was treated at Ideal Image. They are very money hungry and all they care about is how they can make more but in turn they put customer satisfaction and service out the door, along with their employees. The prices are outrageous and continue to go up. And they wonder why the consultant cannot close a sale! I understand this is a business and money has to be made but there is no balance between the medical and sales aspects of this job. I will say the pay is above average for a nurse but trust me there is a reason behind that. Please take a lot of consideration before accepting any position with this company. – less
Fun, fast paced work environment
Family nurse practitioner (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 26, 2013
Interesting fact paced clinic, loved working with diverse patients and developed long term relationships. Challenging work with continuously changing environment requiring team focused approach
Exciting company to work for.
LEAD SALES MANAGER (Current Employee), Naples, FLFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: short days on saturday, and off sunday and monday.
Cons: it was 100 miles round trip
This is the dream sales job. The consultations are set for you on a daily basis. The call center confirms the appointments and gives the guest directions so they can meet at the center for the appointment time. When the guest arrives I present the consultation and sell Laser Hair Removal.
I highly recommend Ideal Image
Laser Hair Removal Provider, Physician Assistant (Current Employee), Oklahoma City,OkNovember 24, 2012
Pros: successful company. great training. quality equipment. competitive compensation.
Cons: i accept the cons as a natural part of life and feel silly listing anything.
Before I accepted the job at Ideal Image I read the above reviews. I was concerned about the negative comments that I was reading. I weighed all of the information that I was receiving and decided to begin my relationship with Ideal Image. I have to honestly say, I couldn't be happier. The individual centers are like teams. So we not only have our individual – more... jobs but we pitch in and help each other when needed. I can understand if it is not a good fit for someone who does not like to work "the team spirit" thing. I think there is something to say however about giving your all and reaping the rewards, while being a part of a group effort. A team is only as good as its individual members, and a weal link can disrupt the process. I think this company requires the best people to be the best. If you are just interested in what you can get and not what you are willing to offer, this company is probably not for you.. There are plenty of mediocre jobs out there. This isn't one of them. – less
Dont waste your time!!!!
nurse (Former Employee), new yorkNovember 16, 2012
This is a horrible company to work for. They only care about money and sales.....they do not care about he guest once they sell them...they push scheduled appointments back just to accommodate a new guest and expect you to work late every day!! Management is immature and catty.......nothing but women will never tell u any of this during the interview.....CONSIDER – more... YOURSELF WARNED!!! – less
Fun industry and good pay but shady leaders
Lead Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Kansas CitySeptember 26, 2012
Pros: decent pay, good hours
Cons: not much integrity in the leaders
This starts out as a fun exciting place to work but it doesn't take long to realize that the morals of the leaders are questionable to say the least. It is a used car sales approach to put it mildly. I would never recommend that anyone with talent waste their time on a poorly run organization like this.

About Ideal Image

OUR MISSION, PROMISE AND SERVICES OFFERED Our mission is to help you become your personal best, by offering state-of-the-art – Read more