Traffic Coordinator plans the strategic direction of traffic and logistics services that Ideal Gear & Machine Works and their customers require. Traffic Coordinator will report to Supply Chain Manager and strives to improve upon traffic related procedures and costs.
Essential Job Functions
- Possesses general understanding of import/export regulations.
- Assembles and completes detailed customs documents and other necessary shipping paperwork
- Gathers and arranges quality assurance documents required for customer control documentation
- Schedules shipment pick-ups on a daily basis
- Communicates with shipping department to gather accurate information necessary for document preparation
- Works with the Scheduler and Supply Chain Manager to coordinate deliveries of materials to and from international sub-contractors
- Communicates with sales and customers to plan most efficient shipping methods
- Transportation Logistics Diploma or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 Years of relative experience in traffic and logistics
- Self-motivated, energetic, dependable, honest and thorough. A versatile, self-starter with a positive attitude, who is cautiously assertive
- Strong organizational and communication skills are required
- Ability to change direction and handle multiple responsibilities and tasks on a regular basis
- Exceptionally high level of commitment to success of individuals and overall projects
- Competent computer skills and ability to use computer software such as Microsoft office
- Knowledge and understanding of an ERP system is an asset
Ideal Gear and Machine Works is committed to being the first choice of full service gear manufacturer, designer, machine shop and repair...