Ideaca is a Canadian based consulting firm with locations in Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver and Kitchener. We help customers from strategy to solution through a portfolio of management consulting, advisory, implementation and support services. We have 10 years of experience doing business and in that time, have accumulated a growing list of over 350 satisfied, repeat customers. Our family of over 170 employees across the country work on delivering innovative solutions around Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Business Intelligence, Portals and Collaboration, Cloud Computing, Custom Application Development, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Application Infrastructure, Support Services
Our people are creative and can get the job done. Ideaca has experienced phenomenal growth and has maintained a relaxed and open culture, with an emphasis on diversity and the development of our people. We aim to be the best IT consulting company in Canada and will do so by continuing to invest in talented and motivated people, building long term relationships with our customers and by focusing nationally.
As an Ideaca Developer you will be responsible for participating at all phases of the project life cycle, including: analyzing, designing, modeling, testing and deploying suitable and appropriate solutions.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary degree/diploma in Business, Computer Science or a related discipline
- 2 to 4 years of programming experience using development languages that include: Microsoft based technologies such as ASP, VB and .NET 3.5 or 4.0; Java J2EE platform and; open source technologies such as PERL and PHP
- Experience working on ASP.NET enterprise applications, working with ADO.NET against a SQL server or Oracle databases
- Experience with general development practices such as writing unit tests, using source control, writing basic API documentation, following standards guidelines, etc.
- Experience in applying these development methodologies and best-practices in a client environment
- Experience in coding or integrating with manufacturing, inventory management, production scheduling and/or, financial applications and systems e.g. ERP
- Understand how to build and maintain positive client and peer relationships
- Demonstrate capabilities in evaluating new techniques and utilizing the key elements
- Establish confidence in your ability to manage tasks, issues, their priorities and interdependencies
- Prepared for some domestic and international travel as required
Have experience or knowledge in some or all of the following:
- Working with an Object Role Modelling (ORM) package
- WinForms applications development, traditional or smart-client
- Have experience with writing Web Services, specifically knowledge of SOAP, WSDL, and WS-* specifications
- Working knowledge of design patterns
- Advanced development techniques such as design refactoring, test first programming, continuous integration, etc.
- Experience in integrating with manufacturing, inventory management, production scheduling and/or, financial applications and systems (including but not limited to SAP, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, Oracle, Baan, MS/Navision Attain, MS/Navision Axapta)