IDA pharmacy Employee Reviews

productive, fun environment
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC19 September 2017
a very friendly environment. owner is a very professional guy that helps you get the job done according to the bylaws and legislation as much as he can.
Great work place and mangement
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 August 2017
Working here taught me some great skills that I will be able to carry with me into future job opportunities regarding customers and working with other people as a team
overworked and underpaid
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 August 2017
worked here for 6 months as assistant manager. was promised many things however owner never delivered on promises made. never paid on time and then let go without explanation. when asking to be paid for hours worked and vacation upon dismissal was repeatedly ignored by owner. also never provided with an ROE therefor unable to obtain EI in an appropriate timeframe. due to this have been dealing with financial crisis ever since.
Pros
nice patients
Cons
everything else
Family owned business with strong community connection
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Country, BC23 July 2017
At the forefront of providing excellent personal service to local community members. A great team of dedicated friendly staff , a pleasant work environment.
Has Good and Bad
Pharmacy Technician Student (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 May 2017
The place is a methadone clinic so the can be quiet a few agitated customers but for the most part everyone is good. The staff are nice, helpful and easy to talk to.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Slow Pace Work
Productive and fun to work with.
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2017
Excellent working environment. My store manager is amazing as well as my co-workers. They are considered family. The best thing about working for the Pharmacy was the amount of skills I have developed. Love the job..
Working here was difficult but overal enjoyed my experience.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Nelson, BC21 March 2017
I enjoyed working at IDA Pharmavy but overall found it hard to work here. We never had staff meetings and issues we had were never verbally addressed by the owner, only other employees or written on a note for everyone to read.
Pros
1 hour lunches, with 2 paid 15 minuet breaks.
Cons
No staff meetings, no manager, issues are not talked about.
Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON26 February 2017
This job had great hours and the coworkers were fantastic. The job did provide some challenges that allowed me to grow. I would definitely work here again if I hadn't relocated
Calm, organized work place environment
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winfield, BC13 October 2016
Great team, clear direction and organization.
Small town environment allowing one on one connections and strong customer relations.Offered delivery services and postal services.
My experience
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON27 September 2016
A typical day at work would require answering phone calls and sorting through paperwork. My co-workers were the best part of my job. They were very friendly and helpful. Would love to stay but unfortunately too far from home.
Pros
Amazing staff
Cons
Too far from home
Lacks management and direction
Retail Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 August 2016
Personally speaking I wouldn't work for a place like this again strictly based off of the fact that there is little to no direction and no room to advance in the company as seniority is not appreciated.
Not a good work environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 July 2016
The only enjoyable part of this job was being able to interact with customers and stock shelves. It was close to both school and home so it seemed appropriate.
friendly environment
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2016
the best place to work. my manager was very good and made my work very easy. co-workers were also friendly and always helped me to overcome the difficult tasks.
Pros
free choclates
Cons
long standing
no late shifts
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB24 May 2016
too many bosses, no late shifts, no brain needed, postal knowledge learned, worked with all kinds of people old and young, learned lotto and till and customer accounts
Pros
free lunch on bday
Cons
work with too many bosses
Pharmacy Technician Jobs.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 August 2015
Performed all kinds of Pharmacy Technician Jobs. Picking up new prescriptions, filling drugs and billing clients, preparing dossettes for Nursing Homes and Retirement Homes, making creams and ointments, reconstituting antibiotics in solutions, home medication deliveries.
Great Store for a first job
Pharmacy Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 May 2015
IDA pharmacy was a great place to work in which I got along very well with both staff and management. I was responsible for the pharmacy cash, as well as filing all necessary paperwork, helping count prescriptions, helping order and stock prescription bottles and setting up deliveries to our less mobile customers. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep customers calm in a very busy pharmacy in which wait times could vary depending on the time of day. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with both the customers and the staff as they seemed to brighten up day from time to time. I learned quite a bit considering this was my first job experience as I learned the basics of customer service, learned how to file paperwork, learned how to handle money and cashier duties and also learned basic employee responsibilities.
Very Busy Pharmacy, learned alot
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  London, ON13 May 2015
Very Busy Pharmacy, learned a lot. Very support staff, enjoying it very much so. But bad commute, would like to find something closer.
Great Entry Level
Cashier / Front End Store Clerk (Current Employee) –  mississauga4 May 2015
A great entry level position for a student. They are very flexible and the management is helpful.
They work around your school schedule. You can read at the front desk if the store is quiet.
Pros
close to home
Cons
Not enough shifts
Helpful for my education.
Cashier/Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario14 April 2015
My volunteer/co-op placement that my school arranged with the manager of IDA Pharmacy was an opportunity that taught me many things, proper professional etiquette, how to interact friendly with customers and how to use an OLG Lottery ticket machine. My coworkers are wonderful people and were very patient with me which I am grateful for. At my time there I would restock shelves, organize new shelving, handling purchase transactions, printing lottery tickets, unloaded merchandise from the back room and cleaning. The best part of this job was that I got to interact with nice people, the pharmacy is close to my home and I got to make friends. The hardest part of the job was learning how to use the OLG machine, it is a lot harder than it looks.
Pros
Amazing staff, close to home, got a credit for it.
Cons
Did not get paid
Liked staff and great place to work
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON10 March 2015
Really liked people, support from them, and learned a lot.
My first paid job in pharmacy field in Canada.

Has learned over there a lot about how the things should be going on in pharmacy and how the environment should be in Pharmacy.

Nice place to work.
Pros
Everything I liked
Cons
no cons