ICON PLC

ICON PLC Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Terget oriented and Effective Workplace
Feasibility Support Assistant (Former Employee), chennaiJuly 19, 2014
Pros: flexibile shifts, decent environment.
Cons: some teams have very tight rules
ICON is a company that stives for excellence and perfect delivery time. It is a good work place with attractive incentives and feasible amenities. It also known for its flexibility.
Internal Politics, fear of LAYOFFS, and little room for promotions and raises
Project Support Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 11, 2014
Pros: benefits: vacation time, sick time, maternity leave, health care
Cons: internal politics, little to no room for promotions and raises
When I first started at ICON, I was thrilled to be in, what seemed like, a comfortable work environment with laid back management and good benefits. However, I soon found that there is so much internal politics. There is a huge culture of internal referrals, which mans that management and employees, and upper management are friends amongst themselves – more... and they chose to move people up based on friendships and not on talent. The company has faced a huge round of lay offs in the past year and now when meetings are called, people are afraid of losing their jobs.

Background: The company called together a global meeting and alerted us that by the end of the day we may no longer have a job. We held another afternoon meeting at which point those that were going to be laid off had left, and talked about moving forward. Whose to say the company won't do that again?

Another huge downside is that because of lay offs and the company not being in stellar standing, there have been limited promotions and pathetic incremental increases (we're talking 0% to 3% here). Long term, this is not a company worth working for because moving up is difficult through all the politics, and even incremental increases and bonsuses are just pathetic.

On another note, the benefits are good. Health coverage is solid, and vacation time is more than most US companies, with decent maternity leave and sick time.

Overall, I do not recommend this company. – less
ICON is like a big family.. everyone works together
Study Start Up Associate II (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 10, 2014
Pros: great benefits package
I have gained exceptional knowledge and experience during the past 16 years at ICON PLC.

My role has afforded me the experience to work on global studies as a US lead or main point of contact. My tenure, strong work ethic, flexibility, training, experience and desire to engage in exciting and challenging position, provide a strong framework that will – more... enable me to be successful in this position.

Most recent assignment on successful Phase I Program working closely with sponsor Clinical Scientist, Medical Monitor as well as CRO Management for approximately 2 years and attended quarterly sponsor meetings via teleconference or face to face. – less
Company was not very team oriented -- Working hours 8-5 roughly -- sat at my desk and launched projects -- not an ideal job for the outgoing team ori
Client Manager/Assistant Translation Coordinator (Former Employee), Durham, NCFebruary 17, 2014
launched and delivered project -- hardest part of the job was no interaction
Growth and fun Work
Project Associate (Current Employee), Frankfurt areaAugust 6, 2013
I enjoy working in the clinical research industry and especially in projects with international niveu.I have learned how to work in a team and project management processes,drug development and clinical trials activities.
I have learned how to mange people,time ,tolerance,constraints and assuption in project management.How to identify risk and mitigate – more... them.
My co workers have been wonderful to work with and mature experinced sociable team.
The most enjoyable moment is when the reulatory submissions and patient recruitments are faring well and also just the fact that lives of people are being taken care of and improved. – less
Company going through growing pains
Revenue Supervisor (Current Employee), North Wales, PAJune 19, 2013
Pros: good benefits and hours
Cons: some management structure and approaches clash in different offices
This is a typical work in a large corporation, but due to the fact that many functions are mirrored in US and Ireland there are conflicts over splits of work and credit.
Old school
Senior Business Analyst ITG Project Manager (Current Employee), MarlowMarch 19, 2013
Pros: salary and benefits
Cons: lack of understanding, lack of new methods
An interesting place for sure.

The processes and procedures mean that everyone knows what they should be doing at any given time.

The people there are a fun bunch to work with.
Icon to bardzo dobra firma
CRA II (Current Employee), PolskaAugust 6, 2012
Cons: przykład: niskie zarobki, itd.
Icon to solida firma o ugruntowanej pozycji na rynku badan klinicznych dla ktorej warto pracowac.