ICF International

ICF International Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Kind of fine work life balance. Lack of effective leadership though.
Analyst- Climate Change & Energy Efficiency (Current Employee), New DelhiMay 21, 2014
Kind of fine work life balance. Lack of effective leadership though.
Fun Workplace
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Calverton, MDMay 13, 2014
I love working for ICF International
Co workers and bosses are all great and very friendly.
Everyone in the building always smiles and brightens up your day
Great place to learn
Project Finance Controller (Current Employee), Rockville, MDApril 29, 2014
ICF international is a great places to learn, gain experience. Not much room for growth.
A great place for Senior Mgmt.; Regular workers...not so much!
Writer (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAApril 29, 2014
Pros: coffee in the break room.
Cons: company/office politics.
My perception based upon my experience: ICF definitely seems to look out for senior management/senior employees, but if you're just an average underling, you're super disposable and they'll let you go in a heartbeat no matter how excellent your work has been, how much you've busted your behind, or how much overtime you've done.

There is no work-life – more... balance. I was told by a senior employee that overtime was expected every week (and, indeed, your amount of OT will factor into your raises or lack thereof).

Advancement is a joke! I kept asking management for advancement advice and avenues; I was given vague, roundabout answers. I once applied for an internal position for which I had no experience and I got a call for an interview. I later decided to remain in my current position a little longer, so I canceled the interview. Later on, I applied several times, internally, for jobs for which I was perfectly qualified or overqualified. No call backs. I almost wondered if you get internally blacklisted by HR if you cancel an interview.

In any event, ICF was great to get my foot in the door and a little more experience, but that's the best I can say about the place. Unless you're a senior employee, don't expect to be happy, respected, valued, or to stick around for a long time! – less
productive
Phone Interviewer (Former Employee), Martinsville, VAApril 24, 2014
good place to work overall
nice work environment
clean call center
Poor senior leadership
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAApril 22, 2014
Pros: variety of contract work
Cons: terrible senior management
ICF International provides opportunities for a variety of contract work. However, the senior leadership is terrible. There is no mentoring, supervision, nor opportunities for professional development. This results in little opportunity for advancement.
Nice environment
Researcher (Current Employee), Martinsville, VAApril 18, 2014
Pros: met new people
Cons: not able to work with my schedule
A typical day includes me calling people at random to conduct in surveys
I've learned that not everyone wants to partake in surveys
Management could be better
The hardest part of the job was getting the people to participate
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you meet
Demanding work place
Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAApril 17, 2014
ICF is a widely recognized and respected international consulting firm. They challenge each employee to work far beyond their potential
Great First Job
Senior Associate (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAApril 15, 2014
Great people and working environment. Flexibility and freedom to work independently or as part of a team, great attitude regarding teleworking.
No room to grow
Multimedia Specialist (Current Employee), Linthicum, MDApril 10, 2014
The job is great, the environment is great, the people are very easy to get along with.

The constant changes to benefits, leave, etc were not in favor of the employee.

There was no investment from management in advancing my career
Fast pace growing multinational firm
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAApril 4, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no developmental growth
Young vibrate company. Must be a multi-task individual. Company is always evolving.
Nice place to work
Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee), fairfaxApril 4, 2014
This a casual workplace. The day starts at 9am , I've learned many editing skills from our from training classes ICF offers. The would be my travel.
Great place to start out
Senior Associate, Energy Group - Wholesale Power (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAMarch 17, 2014
I have learned a lot in my time here. I have become an expert in energy and capacity markets, as well as in consulting and modeling.
Shareholders first, employees fifth
Senior Associate (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 17, 2014
Pros: hands-off management
Cons: tuition help is lacking and vacation time is paltry
The benefits aren't great, the management and HR teams are disconnected from those that don't work at ICF headquarters, and advancement or promotions are difficult to come by if you join as anything above a junior analyst.
Customer Service Oriented.
Housing Grant Advisor (Former Employee), SLIDELL, LA.March 10, 2014
Good Managers, Good employee relations, rest Customer Service...
Productive workplace, and alot of team players
Analyst (Current Employee), Arlington, VAFebruary 27, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Large firm
Business Development (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAFebruary 12, 2014
In large firms like this one, experience on the job can vary widely with the team or group you are a part of
Very interesting work place
Technical Specialist II (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management
Work was tough at ICF. Not because the work itself was strenuous, but management felt oppressive and tyrannical. It was unnecessary pressure put on Technicians daily that I believe hurt morale and indeed caused production to drop. My co-workers were awesome here. They were friendly, willing to help and genuinely good.
Good news/bad news: flexible hours/sometimes limited hours
Telephone Research Interviewer (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: flexibility in hours; being able to work from home
Cons: sometimes limited hours due to lack of work
Despite the average rating I gave ICFI I do not work for them because of the benefits or advancement, but for the flexibility in hours they allow, within certain boundaries. I started working for them in their Plattsburgh call center doing confidential government surveys, one of which required a background check and fingerprinting. When the call center – more... closed I applied for and was hired doing the same work, only from home, which is very convenient for me. A typical shift is 4 hours, 8 on Sunday. I am given two 15 minute breaks on the shorter shift, and 2 20 minute and one half hour break on the longer shift.
We are required to be professional,and persuasive in getting someone to take a survey from 10 minutes to an hour, and must be prepared to give the respondent a name, phone number and/or web address where they can verify the legitimacy of the survey and answer their questions re who receives the info, and what is done with it. The most difficult part of the job is to convince respondents to take the survey. The most enjoyable part is when someone tells you that you did a good job and that they feel the job is important. – less
love it
Research Agent (Former Employee), Collinsville, VADecember 17, 2013
Icf international is a great places to work for the co-workers are like family I enjoyed every second of working here I would go back but I want more opportunities

About ICF International

ICF International (NASDAQ:ICFI) provides professional services and technology solutions that deliver beneficial impact in areas – Read more

ICF International Photos