ICF International

ICF International Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Smart people work here
Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, CanadaJune 8, 2014
Great company to work for. Loving the experience. People were great and work was challenging. People were very smart.
Unorganized
Research Technician (Former Employee), Martinsville, VAAugust 20, 2014
The management were very unorganized and did nt have very good communication skills with the workers on the floor. Workers rarely knew what was going on within the company.
Disaster Relief Company
Case Management QA/QC Manager (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: helping over 200, 000 families
Cons: the assignment ended.
A typical day as a Quality Assurance Manager was keeping over 50 employees motivated and focused on the mission of getting residents restored back in their home or compensated due to recent disaster.
While working for ICF on their disaster relief team I learned working to help others that lost nearly everything, was both rewarding and enjoyable while – more... working long hours in a face paced environment. In addition, I learned there are stretched goals and one should always push beyond the stretch goal and exceed expectations.
The hardest part of the job was facing road blocks, such as, requesting home ownership documentation from a family that lost everything and could not provide documentation.
The management team I worked with was a team environment. They allowed me to function independently, without constant supervision or micromanaging. We met and exceeded our goals. – less
A decent place but a bit high strung
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee), Plattsburgh, NYJuly 21, 2014
You sit in your cubical making calls to strangers asking them to take the survey you've been assigned to. I learned how to keep my calm on the phone thanks to this job, as many people dislike being called and mistake you for a telemarketer, which is the hardest part of the job unless you're assigned to a more important survey, then you're required to – more... meet a quota that's difficult to do when you keep calling faxes, cell phones, or people just don't want to take it. – less
Unwilling to help employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Martinsville, VAJuly 20, 2014
ICF was the worst job I have ever had! I only worked there 2 months because when I am a single mother that works 2 jobs, and ICF was not willing to work with my 2nd job schedule.
Computer based customer service
Research Technician (Former Employee), Martinsville, VAJuly 16, 2014
job was enjoyable but the means and qualifications of the job were to strict honestly. I love working in computers and accounting but the supervision staff needed to be better. Supervisors didn't know the programs at all so therefore if we needed help we couldn't ask anyone
poor management, poor compensation, no growth, bad morale
ICS (Former Employee), Martinsville, VAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: my fellow co-workers
Cons: too many to list
I thought there would be changes with new management and supervisors; promises were made to value and appreciate employees, hard quality work, and consistently high productivity and have yet to be fulfilled; employees are consistently expected to do more with less; and morale is at an all-time low, as is compensation. This is the most unprofessional – more... place I have ever worked and the rumors of lost contracts due to an increasingly poor reputation for this particular call center and the possibility of closing seem to be true as more and more employees are "laid off," "suspended (for blatantly false reasons)," and "hours are reduced due to lack of work." As fast as people are hired they quit in disgust when they realize that the promises made in the interview process are not kept. – less
Low culture with no job security.
Survey Research Technician (Former Employee), Martinsville, VAJune 27, 2014
Poorly managed, low morale, horrid pay, critical low fluctuating work hours.
Fun, engaging work evironment
Financial Planning & Analysis Intern (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAJune 20, 2014
Fun, engaging work environment with a family-like culture.
good pay
Telephone Operator (Former Employee), Plattsburgh, NYJune 19, 2014
the job wasn't complex, i was making a good amount of money, the hardest part was calling customers and talking them into taking a survey
The job itself was fun to do
Research Agent (Former Employee), Martinsville, VAJune 10, 2014
Pros: the point system for missing work
Cons: being sent home when out of numbers
A typical day at work find a work station sign in start making calls hoping to get a nice person who is willing to do the survey. Management poor. co-workers great. The hardest part of the job dealing with mean respondents. the most enjoyable part of my day would be break time talking with other employees.
Research Technician (Former Employee), 40 wall streetJune 10, 2014
I really enjoyed the job. there was noting had about it . well maybe learning ho to use the ipad. then I got the hang of it became easy. I would greet people everyday . I'm a team player and got a long with my co workers we helped one another. meeting and greeting the people is what I really enjoyed
Terrible place to work for
Research Technician (Current Employee), Martinsville VAMay 29, 2014
Pros: hiring constantly
Cons: everything about them is a con
No communication from management, they make rash decisions and then blame employees for the failure of the decision that they made.
They are currently in a production crisis so they are sending people home because they have a bad day in terms of meeting production, this started 3 weeks ago and it came with no warning.
The job I do has no production – more... requirement but yet I was sent home for not meeting production.
Virginia is an at will state in terms of employment so ICFI can do as they please, and they know it.
They are hiring continuously and letting people go at same time there is no job security.
They do not support higher education and don't care if you have a degree they don't try to find you a place where your education can and will be used.
You earn your 5 days off a year .77 per paycheck which is horrible, no sick days, no personal days, no short term disability.
I have learned that they don't care about their employees unless they are management. – less
Kind of fine work life balance. Lack of effective leadership though.
Analyst- Climate Change & Energy Efficiency (Current Employee), New DelhiMay 21, 2014
Kind of fine work life balance. Lack of effective leadership though.
Fun Workplace
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Calverton, MDMay 13, 2014
I love working for ICF International
Co workers and bosses are all great and very friendly.
Everyone in the building always smiles and brightens up your day
Great place to learn
Project Finance Controller (Current Employee), Rockville, MDApril 29, 2014
ICF international is a great places to learn, gain experience. Not much room for growth.
A great place for Senior Mgmt.; Regular workers...not so much!
Writer (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAApril 29, 2014
Pros: coffee in the break room.
Cons: company/office politics.
My perception based upon my experience: ICF definitely seems to look out for senior management/senior employees, but if you're just an average underling, you're super disposable and they'll let you go in a heartbeat no matter how excellent your work has been, how much you've busted your behind, or how much overtime you've done.

There is no work-life – more... balance. I was told by a senior employee that overtime was expected every week (and, indeed, your amount of OT will factor into your raises or lack thereof).

Advancement is a joke! I kept asking management for advancement advice and avenues; I was given vague, roundabout answers. I once applied for an internal position for which I had no experience and I got a call for an interview. I later decided to remain in my current position a little longer, so I canceled the interview. Later on, I applied several times, internally, for jobs for which I was perfectly qualified or overqualified. No call backs. I almost wondered if you get internally blacklisted by HR if you cancel an interview.

In any event, ICF was great to get my foot in the door and a little more experience, but that's the best I can say about the place. Unless you're a senior employee, don't expect to be happy, respected, valued, or to stick around for a long time! – less
productive
Phone Interviewer (Former Employee), Martinsville, VAApril 24, 2014
good place to work overall
nice work environment
clean call center
Poor senior leadership
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAApril 22, 2014
Pros: variety of contract work
Cons: terrible senior management
ICF International provides opportunities for a variety of contract work. However, the senior leadership is terrible. There is no mentoring, supervision, nor opportunities for professional development. This results in little opportunity for advancement.
Nice environment
Researcher (Current Employee), Martinsville, VAApril 18, 2014
Pros: met new people
Cons: not able to work with my schedule
A typical day includes me calling people at random to conduct in surveys
I've learned that not everyone wants to partake in surveys
Management could be better
The hardest part of the job was getting the people to participate
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you meet

1 2 3 4 5

About ICF International

ICF International (NASDAQ:ICFI) provides professional services and technology solutions that deliver beneficial impact in areas – Read more

ICF International Photos