ICF International

ICF International Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Smart people work here
Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, CanadaJune 8, 2014
Great company to work for. Loving the experience. People were great and work was challenging. People were very smart.
Horrible Management
Operations Center Agent (Current Employee), Martinsville, VAOctober 20, 2014
Unorganized organization management also very unorganized
Grant Reviewer:
Grant Reviewer, Quality Control (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAOctober 18, 2014
Grant Reviewer: Verified required documents, valid Identified missing information
for completion, Complete in timely & with accuracy in preparing required forms.
Quality Control (QC): Monitored Pipeline Logged all actions taken (Pass or Fail) in
Jira, Pass/Fail files by managing errors. Communicated with staff & managers
Post Closer: Reviewed file for – more... completion, accuracy. Prepared & uploaded
instructions for closing.
ACT Reviewer: Implemented due diligence conducting research with wide range of
documents Included, Market Analysis, etc. – less
Great company for work/life balance
Contracts Administrator II (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAOctober 8, 2014
Overall, this is a great company. Room for growth and lots to learn. Management promote a good work/life balance.
REVIEWED AND APPROVED EXP REPORTS & ENTERED ACCTS PAYABLE INTO SYSTEM.
Financial Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: coffee or desserts every so often
Cons: bought out by icf and culture changed drastically
WORKED PART TIME REVIEWING AND APPROVING WORLDWIDE EXPENSE REPORTS AND REVIEWING AND ENTERING ACCTS PAYABLE IN THEIR FINANCIAL SYSTEM - COSTPOINT. PEOPLE WITH ICF-ATLANTA ARE OUTSTANDING. HAD A PRIVATE OFFICE. PEOPLE WERE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB.
Good place to learn new skills
Travel Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Fairfax, VASeptember 30, 2014
The company consults in a range of different sectors, it's a great place for a young professional to start their careers and learn new skills.
Telecommute and flexibility
Sr. Technical Assistance Specialist, DTAC (Former Employee), Fairfax, VASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: telework
Cons: need more vacation time
I worked with a great team of professionals in the disaster behavioral health field.
ICF
Senior Project Manager, Program Support Center (Former Employee), Rockville, MDSeptember 25, 2014
The culture was great. The project team resources were very constrained due to low bidding contract which created long days consistently requiring 60+ hours a week for project success.
Unlimited resources
Research Technician (Former Employee), Martinsville, VirginiaSeptember 22, 2014
The pay wasn't acceptable for all the tasks that I had to perform daily. I received calls for eleven different programs as well as did data entry in between calls. The management was very sub-par. The management weren't the least bit organized. Overall, the relationship that was made with co-workers was great. I was able to expand my knowledge on some – more... things as well. – less
Great Place to Work!
Research Technician (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 22, 2014
ICF is a great place to work with amazing people and good work environment. The people are friendly and my boss is a great mentor. Would recommend anyone to a job at the firm in a second!
Dysfunctional management
Buyer (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: colleagues
Cons: management
Lack of teamwork and vision create interdepartmental aggression. I would recommend looking elsewhere. Smart people compete with external consultants and processes are not followed
Rewarding work, little job security
Senior Associate (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: decent work-life balance.
Cons: no job security.
I enjoyed working with my clients and co-workers, and was able to provide quality deliverables to clients. Management encourages you to stay with the company, assures you that additional work will be available at the end of the contract then lets you go. It's a typical for-profit company- it's all about the money.
Unorganized
Research Technician (Former Employee), Martinsville, VAAugust 20, 2014
The management were very unorganized and did nt have very good communication skills with the workers on the floor. Workers rarely knew what was going on within the company.
Health Informatics
Information Data Specialist (Former Employee), Rockville, MDAugust 19, 2014
Pros: teleworking
Teleworking opportunity working in health informatics. Enjoyed working independently and in collaboration with internal and external customers managing date.
Disaster Relief Company
Case Management QA/QC Manager (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: helping over 200, 000 families
Cons: the assignment ended.
A typical day as a Quality Assurance Manager was keeping over 50 employees motivated and focused on the mission of getting residents restored back in their home or compensated due to recent disaster.
While working for ICF on their disaster relief team I learned working to help others that lost nearly everything, was both rewarding and enjoyable while – more... working long hours in a face paced environment. In addition, I learned there are stretched goals and one should always push beyond the stretch goal and exceed expectations.
The hardest part of the job was facing road blocks, such as, requesting home ownership documentation from a family that lost everything and could not provide documentation.
The management team I worked with was a team environment. They allowed me to function independently, without constant supervision or micromanaging. We met and exceeded our goals. – less
A decent place but a bit high strung
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee), Plattsburgh, NYJuly 21, 2014
You sit in your cubical making calls to strangers asking them to take the survey you've been assigned to. I learned how to keep my calm on the phone thanks to this job, as many people dislike being called and mistake you for a telemarketer, which is the hardest part of the job unless you're assigned to a more important survey, then you're required to – more... meet a quota that's difficult to do when you keep calling faxes, cell phones, or people just don't want to take it. – less
Unwilling to help employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Martinsville, VAJuly 20, 2014
ICF was the worst job I have ever had! I only worked there 2 months because when I am a single mother that works 2 jobs, and ICF was not willing to work with my 2nd job schedule.
Computer based customer service
Research Technician (Former Employee), Martinsville, VAJuly 16, 2014
job was enjoyable but the means and qualifications of the job were to strict honestly. I love working in computers and accounting but the supervision staff needed to be better. Supervisors didn't know the programs at all so therefore if we needed help we couldn't ask anyone
poor management, poor compensation, no growth, bad morale
ICS (Former Employee), Martinsville, VAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: my fellow co-workers
Cons: too many to list
I thought there would be changes with new management and supervisors; promises were made to value and appreciate employees, hard quality work, and consistently high productivity and have yet to be fulfilled; employees are consistently expected to do more with less; and morale is at an all-time low, as is compensation. This is the most unprofessional – more... place I have ever worked and the rumors of lost contracts due to an increasingly poor reputation for this particular call center and the possibility of closing seem to be true as more and more employees are "laid off," "suspended (for blatantly false reasons)," and "hours are reduced due to lack of work." As fast as people are hired they quit in disgust when they realize that the promises made in the interview process are not kept. – less
Low culture with no job security.
Survey Research Technician (Former Employee), Martinsville, VAJune 27, 2014
Poorly managed, low morale, horrid pay, critical low fluctuating work hours.

1 2 3 4 5

About ICF International

ICF International (NASDAQ:ICFI) provides professional services and technology solutions that deliver beneficial impact in areas – Read more

ICF International Photos