Icebreaker Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Hard punishment for doing your job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  USA20 October 2017
i'm afraid of them hurting me because they properly watch reviews but someone must speak up.

Human Resources has millions of ways to make your life miserable if you don't reach the outragous sales targets.

we had to use our own cell phones to call strangers and our boss was watching and listening. i didn't sign a contract for a telemarketer!
you will hate yourself for taking a job with them.

They closed US stores so they can make big bonuses.

retail management in Vancouver will use dirty tactics to punish you and make you miserable.

the labor department should investigate them and talk to previous employees. i'm sure many have similar
Pros
Not much
Great
Founder and CEO (Former Employee) –  New York, NY6 May 2017
Was probably the greatest company to work for. I loved to research different events around the NYC area and plan social gatherings for individuals. It was truly a pleasure.
Fun
Part Time Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auckland Airport, Auckland24 July 2016
A day at IceBreaker is always a learning experience as we have a lot of product that we have to sell that contains a lot of knowledge and skills to actually sell.
Fun environment working with co-workers
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hong Kong16 July 2016
Busy working environment as there is always many customers passing by. I developed strong foundation of communication skills as I have to communicate with in Cantonese, Mandarin and English. The hardest part of the job is sometimes there are sudden rush where many customers all come at the same time and whole shop is full of customers and have to make sure every customers are served. Also beware of shoplifters. The most enjoyable part of the job is co-workers are very close with each other, feels like a family.
Pros
Have staff discounts
Cons
Late finishing hours
A company that brings in enthusiastic and happy customers
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodburn, OR3 November 2014
A typical day is spent on the sales floor, helping customers and stocking products, as well as ringing customers up at the register. There really was no difficult part of this job, everything was very doable and enjoyable. My manager was very easy going and easy to work with and really encouraged team work.
Icebreaker
Custom Service (Former Employee) –  Le Ch├óble15 April 2013
Tolle Kollegen, spannende Telefonate mit Kunden, Abwechslungsreiche Aufgaben.
Pros
nahe an zu hause

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Icebreaker. Our community is ready to answer.