Ice River Springs Inc. Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Company is focused on the environment
Office (Current Employee) –  Shelburne, ON12 September 2017
I work in Shelburne. The company prioritizes environmental sustainability. We have an organic garden that all the employees get to benefit from. Extra food is donated to the local food bank.

The company recently added an Employee Assistance Program to support health and wellness. We have a small gym on site.
Pros
Organic garden, nice people, fair pay and benefits, opportunities
Cons
Manual processes. Need to work on automation. Need more social activities.
A bad work enviroment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON26 March 2017
Bad moral, no shift premium, No training or development plans for new employees, lift trucks all fail inspecting every shift but nothing gets fixed. The company expects you too fly around with the pedal to the medat at all times. Low pay compared to other companies. Owners not well respected. Just not a very good company to work for.
Pros
Cons
Bad moral, low pay, unreasonable expectations, lift trucks leak oil
terribble penny pinching
Labourer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Grafton, ON24 March 2017
what a bunch of loogans . terrible company don't bother bad hours , terrible manangement on your butt about everything. no cares about the environment
Don't work here if you value your time
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack21 September 2016
Tons of unpaid overtime expected. Poor organization. Very little training. Working trying to make do with very little and still expected to perform does not work. Maintenance manager of yourself. Expected to be a mechanic. Operator and the manager. Impossible to achieve unless you want to work 16 hour days 7 days a week.
Welcome to the worst job of your life
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Feversham, ON23 July 2016
Worked for this company for over 6 yrs. In Flesherton. Unreasonable expectation. Drive 4 min. For every pallet to put it in warehouse and keep your line going.. Trouble shoot machines that in some case maintenance MESSES up... ANY good workers...RUN FOR IT .... UNLESS they are in the no other job trap.. Was told monkeys could drive a forklift there... Maybe they should hire a couple... They sure cant keep too many people... Unless of course you have your head up the owners. *'@!#. Unless u are living in your car..... RUN
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
One of my worst jobs ever
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON20 July 2016
The plant I worked in was in Milton , Ontario , Canada . It was called fernbrook springs when I started. Then ice river bought the plant. Just like some of the other reviews said where true. Getting yelled at by mangement . Being treated like a dog. Over the course of a 4 month period my shift changed 6 times. Never really knowing when I was to start or Finish . I worked at another water factory and had over 11 years experience . But I had to train a ice River person so they could take my job. Any body that a opinion or stuck up for them selfs got let go .
Pros
Cons
Too many
There are better places to spend your days
Manager (Former Employee) –  Shelburne, ON13 May 2016
The company is stuck in the way they are and no desire to adjust to the times. Very old fashion clock watching management and they keep your wings clipped. It really is "good employees are the ones I am related to or friends with" The owner's best friend is noting more than a hall monitor (along with others)

It is a nice place to work until they decide to let people go who do not think exactly like they do. The CEO will fire people on the spot and has a terrible temper

Very poor culture amongst the staff and not a good work environment if you want to have any fun at all at work. Very by the book and stuffy while the owner is there.
Pros
Discount on water (yup discount)
Cons
Culture and modern environment both poor