ICBC Employee Reviews

Good and bad place to work.
Material Damage (Former Employee) –  Lower Mainland, BC4 December 2016
Icbc has many great people and just as many jealous interfering people whom managers seem to buddy up with.
Workload is too much now.
Managers are intimidated by employees with more experience, common sense and work ethic than the managers themselves have.
The personal politics at ICBC is out of control.
Pros
Well accepted by the public.
Cons
Corrupt Management.
Lost in space
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC5 October 2016
They put me working on the phones, but the computer system which cost 400 million dollar does not work. I had a nervous breakdown and they gave me 7 weeks paid leave to recover.
Pros
Not much to do as the computers don't work
Cons
Management is corrupt
Employees come and go
Claims support assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 November 2016
Mgmt aiming to make their numbers and their bonus pressuring employees with overwhelming workloads. No appreciation for work done, no thank yous, and no coffee either. Staff come and go like a revolving door either by quitting or being let go.
awesome place to work
Claims Document Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC24 October 2016
ICBC is the best place to work. Staff is super friendly and cooperative. Lots of knowledge and timings are perfect Monday to Friday day time shifts only.
A Great Company to Work for
Mainframe Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC26 January 2016
I enjoyed my years at ICBC, from 1981 to 2015. Great co-workers, management who encouraged you to progress in your field. Great social aspect, engaged in various company wide activities including kids parties, dinner/dances, and sporting events
Pros
Good opportunity for advancement
Cons
Management micro-managing
Good option for steady career
Senior Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC24 February 2015
If you are looking for a steady career which is not too fast but at the same time not overwhelming ICBC is a good option.

Due to the size of the organization the processes and procedures could be frustrating at times. Work life balance is great but the pay scale is below average with a big chunk of your pay check goes towards paying for benefits.
Pros
Learning, Work Life Balance
Cons
Pay, Career Advancement
Productive and multi task environment . Good place to advance your career
IS ARCHITECT/ PROJECT LEAD (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC9 November 2015
Good place to explore and learn technology. Flexible and nice management .good team and Friendly Co workers. Office politics factor were there though. Depends on which project are you working and under which Manager . Overall was ok.
contemporary network
Sr. Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 May 2012
Very professionally build data and voice network, interesting to work with
Pros
good experience
Cons
salary
Working with ICBC is great- it's a lerning experience.
Data specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC, Canada1 December 2014
I love working at ICBC. I have started there as IBM contractor on Jan/01/2014 and still now I am working there happily .A typical work day is busy, but the co-workers I have are great team players. We work together to solve issues and to finish projects. The manager is the best I ever had, she pushed me to do better and because of her I can say that I am a better person and that I have matured greatly. Sometimes meeting deadlines are rough, but with the co-workers I have and the ability to work overtime to get the job done, those deadlines are tackled and meet. The job is a great experience and I will remember the experience and the opportunity for life.
A good place to work..
QA Functional Analyst (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver1 May 2015
-- ICBC has a great set of people, and working with them is always helpful. A place where you can learn.

-- Every job has its pro's and con's. It would be hard in that situation, but later, it feels funny and a smile on my face.

-- Working with my boss, Martin was the most enjoyable part, I got enough beating if something goes wrong, but helped me enhance my skills.
Stay clear of this organization
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver22 June 2012
Management at ICBC is some of the worst I have ever encountered. They do not support their employees. But, worse, they do not follow their own ethics code. They have a great set of values but, when it comes to their own employees, I found that they act inappropriately and unethically.
Pros
pay is okay
Cons
negative management
Excellent Staff
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC9 May 2014
- Great management
- Lots of Support from Colleagues and management
- Lots of contests to boost morale
- Excellent work environment
Good working environment
ETL Tech Lead (Current Employee) –  BC2 January 2015
Learned new integration application (Salesforce)
Timely delivered the tasks
Good management
Web Sphere Administrator
Web Sphere Administrator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 June 2014
Around 4.5 years of IT experience with WebSphere Application Server System Installation, Configuration, Deployment, Administration and Production Support on heterogeneous systems like AIX, Linux and Windows NT environment with different versions of WebSphere Application Server.
Good work environment/hard to advance
Customer Service Representative/Driver Examiner (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC28 November 2012
Office work
Driving regulations and standards
Risk management
i enjoy woking for icbc
Claims Contact Adjuster (Current Employee) –  surrey bc17 May 2012
answering the phone, creating claims, typing, procedures and directing customers to appropriate claim centres or body shops to get their vehicles repaired
Pros
weekends off
Cons
long commute to work
Contract Position
Claims Administrator (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC30 April 2014
Seeking more challenging work...
Nice location, friendly co-workers with good senses of humor.
Stable Environment
Claims Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 June 2014
Great people to work with. Lots of learning and challenging environment.
• Around 6 years of experience in Software Development Life Cycle with emphasis on Quality Assurance. • Experience in System Specification Analysis, T
QA Automation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 August 2013
• Analyzed business requirements, system requirements, data mapping requirement specifications, and responsible for documenting functional requirements and supplementary requirements.
• Created Test Cases and scenarios for Regression, Integration as well as Backend and System testing.
• Created Use Case for complex system interfaces; Wrote and executed test cases.
• Analyzing and understanding the software Requirement Specifications and development of Test Scenarios.
• Involved in Test Case Preparation and Test Case Execution Manually.
• Analyzed application to find out which part can be automated and which can be manually tested.
• Maintained Progress Report of team members for update on individual work during test execution cycle in Quality Center.
• Identified & recorded defects with required information for issue to be reproduced by development team using Quality Center.
• Conducted Bug Review meetings for update on defects from development team and retesting of bug fix. Worked with developers to fix faults found in the structure and functionality of the application using Quality Center.
• Prepared daily/weekly bug status reports highlighting bug fix metrics and tracked the progress of test cycles in Quality Center.
• Prepared of various test documents for ETL process in Quality Center.
• Involved in writing complex PL/SQL quires for backend data base testing.
• Created Automated Test Scripts for Functional and Regression Testing of the application using QTP.
• Enhanced the QTP scripts by inserting VBScript functions and Checkpoints to check for Broken
  more... Links, Text, Table, XML and Images, and Synchronization Point to capture upload time.
• Handled known exceptions in the test scripts using QTP Recovery Scenario Manager.
• Performed Data-Driven Testing, Text Output values by using Global and Local spreadsheets in QTP for testing multiple data.
• Involved in testing data mapping and conversion in a server based data warehouse.
• Involved in testing the XML files and checked whether data is parsed and loaded to staging tables.
• Created and executed test scripts, cases, and scenarios that will determine optimal system performance according to specifications using LoadRunner.
• Provided support to client with assessing how many virtual user licenses would be needed for performance testing, specifically load testing using LoadRunner.