ICBC

ICBC Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good working environment
ETL Tech Lead (Current Employee), BCJanuary 2, 2015
Learned new integration application (Salesforce)
Timely delivered the tasks
Good management
Working with ICBC is great- it's a lerning experience.
Data specialist (Current Employee), Vancouver, BC, CanadaDecember 1, 2014
I love working at ICBC. I have started there as IBM contractor on Jan/01/2014 and still now I am working there happily .A typical work day is busy, but the co-workers I have are great team players. We work together to solve issues and to finish projects. The manager is the best I ever had, she pushed me to do better and because of her I can say that I am a better person and that I have matured greatly. Sometimes meeting deadlines are rough, but with the co-workers I have and the ability to work overtime to get the job done, those deadlines are tackled and meet. The job is a great experience and I will remember the experience and the opportunity for life.
Web Sphere Administrator
Web Sphere Administrator (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 30, 2014
Around 4.5 years of IT experience with WebSphere Application Server System Installation, Configuration, Deployment, Administration and Production Support on heterogeneous systems like AIX, Linux and Windows NT environment with different versions of WebSphere Application Server.
Stable Environment
Claims Support Assistant (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 11, 2014
Great people to work with. Lots of learning and challenging environment.
Excellent Staff
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Langley, BCMay 9, 2014
- Great management
- Lots of Support from Colleagues and management
- Lots of contests to boost morale
- Excellent work environment
Contract Position
Claims Administrator (Current Employee), North Vancouver, BCApril 30, 2014
Seeking more challenging work...
Nice location, friendly co-workers with good senses of humor.
• Around 6 years of experience in Software Development Life Cycle with emphasis on Quality Assurance. • Experience in System Specification Analysis, T
QA Automation Analyst (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 1, 2013
• Analyzed business requirements, system requirements, data mapping requirement specifications, and responsible for documenting functional requirements and supplementary requirements.
• Created Test Cases and scenarios for Regression, Integration as well as Backend and System testing.
• Created Use Case for complex system interfaces; Wrote and executed test cases.
• Analyzing and understanding the software Requirement Specifications and development of Test Scenarios.
• Involved in Test Case Preparation and Test Case Execution Manually.
• Analyzed application to find out which part can be automated and which can be manually tested.
• Maintained Progress Report of team members for update on individual work during test execution cycle in Quality Center.
• Identified & recorded defects with required information for issue to be reproduced by development team using Quality Center.
• Conducted Bug Review meetings for update on defects from development team and retesting of bug fix. Worked with developers to fix faults found in the structure and functionality of the application using Quality Center.
• Prepared daily/weekly bug status reports highlighting bug fix metrics and tracked the progress of test cycles in Quality Center.
• Prepared of various test documents for ETL process in Quality Center.
• Involved in writing complex PL/SQL quires for backend data base testing.
• Created Automated Test Scripts for Functional and Regression Testing of the application using QTP.
• Enhanced the QTP scripts by inserting VBScript functions and Checkpoints to check for Broken Links, Text, Table, – more... XML and Images, and Synchronization Point to capture upload time.
• Handled known exceptions in the test scripts using QTP Recovery Scenario Manager.
• Performed Data-Driven Testing, Text Output values by using Global and Local spreadsheets in QTP for testing multiple data.
• Involved in testing data mapping and conversion in a server based data warehouse.
• Involved in testing the XML files and checked whether data is parsed and loaded to staging tables.
• Created and executed test scripts, cases, and scenarios that will determine optimal system performance according to specifications using LoadRunner.
• Provided support to client with assessing how many virtual user licenses would be needed for performance testing, specifically load testing using LoadRunner. – less
Good work environment/hard to advance
Customer Service Representative/Driver Examiner (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCNovember 28, 2012
Office work
Driving regulations and standards
Risk management
Stay clear of this organization
Project Manager (Former Employee), North VancouverJune 22, 2012
Pros: pay is okay
Cons: negative management
Management at ICBC is some of the worst I have ever encountered. They do not support their employees. But, worse, they do not follow their own ethics code. They have a great set of values but, when it comes to their own employees, I found that they act inappropriately and unethically.
i enjoy woking for icbc
Claims Contact Adjuster (Current Employee), surrey bcMay 17, 2012
Pros: weekends off
Cons: long commute to work
answering the phone, creating claims, typing, procedures and directing customers to appropriate claim centres or body shops to get their vehicles repaired
contemporary network
Sr. Network Engineer (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 7, 2012
Pros: good experience
Cons: salary
Very professionally build data and voice network, interesting to work with