ICA Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Computer Faculty (Current Employee) –  Patan, Gujarat17 November 2016
nice working environment.good technical skills.healty educational environment with fun.company have diffrent good strategies for development for students.Interection with students who belonging to differing background is the best part of this job.
Learning experience
Detention Officer (Former Employee) –  Farmville, VA27 August 2016
Everyday was a new and different day, it was the same work but it would be something to deal with everyday. My co-workers made the 12/hr shift go by a little fast, trying to keep each other awake on the night shift.
Boar place
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra20 October 2016
Co-worker was very good.
I learn so many thing in this institute.
i learn excel in ica.
also learn co-ordination
how to behave with boss.
speak to streate forward
Great job for student.
Store Hand (Former Employee) –  Stockholm, Sweden17 February 2016
Difficult, since everyday was different from the day before. Some day where early in the morning,opening the store, others where long 8 hours days in the cashier. Best part was my colleagues, who are the best in the world. Second best was how much responsibilities I got, and how often I was asked to see to various tasks. At the end of my employment I was one of the best trained.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Poor managment
Great Company all around
Independent Property Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Texas8 February 2016
I absolutely enjoy each of the folks that I work with at ICA. They are extremely helpful, patient and respectful towards their Field Adjusters. It's a little tough to get answers at times. I would enjoy some feedback on my work, but otherwise I hope to continue a long working relationship.
Pros
Patient, Non-political people to work with, a real pleasure in communication. True professionals.
Cons
Claims volume (but this happens)
Fun place to work
Project Coordinator / Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CO24 April 2016
I really enjoyed working for ICA. It was a fun place to work and wonderful people I worked with. Business got difficult and the Owners had to shut down the company.
Pros
The people were wonderful
Cons
They closed the doors
Learning opportunity
Computer Faculty (Former Employee) –  Kolkata, West Bengal23 April 2016
Good technical knowledge in ms excel.
Good communication skill.
Convincing people.
Manage document - like scan, mail, print, report making
cash mangement
Productive and comfortable.
Hardware Installer (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MN16 March 2016
The start of the day was always a review of Jobs in your department to make sure hot jobs were worked on first. Machines were set-up accordingly and run. The Shop Supervisor would make adjustments in scheduling jobs and would check with you about incoming work orders. Most co-workers assigned to the hardware department were good-natured and reliable. The company has a seasoned workforce with diversity of skills.
I learned to manage work order scheduling, pulling and issuing materials for jobs, setting up hardware presses. I found working well with others and being able to instruct them on processes makes for a productive day. Always recheck your work. Inspection is key to good product.
The hardest part of the job is not enough workers and some jobs require a lot more time and skill than the average worker can do.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of a team.
Management was available for questions and were present on the the shop floor through out the day. They were personable and said "Hi", to the employees.
Pros
4 hour work day on Fridays, free coffee
ICA is a joke
dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL24 December 2015
I was hired as a dispatcher for the I-4 Ultimate Improvement Project in Orlando, FL. It was an enormous undertaking.

Us dispatchers were responsible for a host of crucial duties. We received no training. As in, 0% of the necessary training. I am not exaggerating. We were tossed in the seats and held to incredibly high standards without any training.

It was a joke, beginning to end. The project manager was a joke. The managers were jokes. My coworkers were a joke. I jumped ship on the third week, which is when they had us dispatchers actually work. For the first two weeks, we all sat in an office and talked and napped and ate our lunches. We got paid, though.

Originally the ICA trucks were marked with Florida Highway Patrol decals. Less than 6 months later, I saw one of those trucks...and the Florida Highway Patrol decals had been peeled off. All that remained were the ICA decals.

Like I said: ICA in Orlando is a joke.
Pros
free pay
Cons
the work
good work and producttivity
Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Hyderabd22 March 2016
good environment
everything was automated,
environment was more process oriented
good work culture
environment was build update
Fun workplace
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Hazaribag, Jharkhand11 February 2016
It was very nice working there as all the staff members are very friendly there which makes me comfortable and also they were very supportive.
My first job
Computer Faculty (Former Employee) –  Kolkata, WB12 November 2015
that was my first job as a coordinator for a group of minority students and I was successfully completed the job oriented course within time..after my boss told me to continue with a handsome salary but for studies i couldn't able to continue my job,
Productive company and a great environment to work in
Insurance Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC30 July 2015
My typical day at the job consist of assigning out claims to adjusters.
Billing invoices for the adjusters to get paid.
Dispersing mail. Making sure the outsider adjusters are uploading their reports.
Setting up claims.

My manager is a great boss and my co-workers were the best people you could of worked with.

The hardest part of my job is not getting the job done.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the people and knowing how to do my job correctly. I loved my job.
Pros
Great company to work for.
Great experience
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Jhansi, UP7 August 2015
It was a good company. They were really great with all staff members as well as with the clients. They focused on my work abilities and motivated by providing monthly bonuses. Overall it was my great experience working with them.
Pros
Good pay, great benefits, great vacation package and casual atmosphere.
Cons
Salaries are super unbalanced and not fair within the Organization."
I like all the various PCBs I test & t/s.
Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZ13 July 2015
They've had lay-offs, & cut all our hrs
(off all Mondays in July= NO PAY!).
Some co-workers OK,
some not so OK.
Supervisors very moody...
don't know what we're gonna
get each day.
I'm the only Elect. Tech. there,
so all testing, T/S, & repairs
go thru me. I've been repairing
production equipment when
needed & available( prod 1st).
Pros
Each month= birthday cake/ potluck
Cons
back stabbing co-workers, boss moods?
Good catastrophe adjusting firm
Insurance Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH25 October 2015
Solid adjusting company.
Pays decently and relatively on time.
Standard catastrophe adjusting work.
Locations have been from the mid west to the east coast.
Compny was formed when John Bushman left bank, HSA. I worked five years for him there. The compny has grown over the years and deversifed in many ways
Assist Vice President/Collecion Manager (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TX24 February 2015
It a good company. Many changes taking place within.They demand hard work but make it worth your.

I worked many years with this company and it's basic people. They are reputable people and appreciate their workers.

I had health issues arise and had to be gone longer than expected. The company needed someone who could take time and update on certain courses. I was not able and another existing Assistant Vice President took my place. When was able to return we were unable to productively run department together. I worked as outside consultant for just over year after leaving.
Pros
Company rewards it personel for outstanding work
Challenging and dynamic workplace
Personality Development Trainer (Former Employee) –  Vadodara23 September 2013
1 My typical day at work included training adolescents from socially backward communities and making them employable.

2 I learned dealing with individual differences and how to make it work in a group setting.

3 Hardest part of my job was building self confidence in students.

4 Building self-confidence among students was also the most enjoyable part. Also, seeing them progress was equally satisfying.
Good people, learned a lot.
Customer Service/Inside claims adjuster (Former Employee) –  Charlotte NC17 March 2012
The people I worked with were very nice. The management seemed detached from everyday happenings. The hours were long at some points and very short at others (no consistency). Only way to progress was to travel up to and beyond 6 months a year.
Pros
good people to work with, learned a lot about an entirely new field of work
Cons
long hours didnt pay the greatest, travel required to advance
ICA Family
ADMIN STAFF (Former Employee) –  Cavite City, 04A15 June 2015
When I was working at ICA I do computer works open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations, Joining the different sections or department if they need manpower from the staffs.

I learned in this institution on how to deal with students, parents and as well as school teachers and principal because I'm workng in school setting but as Admin Staff.

In management, I think one of their problem is the conflict management of different prinipals of different campuses and also to the Directress.

My co-workers are well they are easy to collab with and they teach me other learnings.

The hardest part of the job is being nanny of the students who does'nt have service so that I need to entertain them.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being with my co-workers enjoying the work while learning like having chit chat when its break time and bonding while in off work.
Pros
Cons
No Benefits for Single