IBI Group Employee Reviews

very nice construction company
Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC24 July 2017
there are chinese communication. but there working is very good and they have system and good construction member and good relationship with customers.
Pros
good salary
Cons
some times dirty job
a full service consulting firm - still going through growing pains after going public a few years ago.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2017
I loved working at IBI Group, learning something new every day. I felt betrayed and heartbroken when I was let go with no notice or warning whatsoever, after 13 + years of service.
Pros
3 weeks vacation to start, medical benefits to start, life insurance plan
Cons
no pension whatsoever
Get it in writing
Contract Administrator-technical advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 April 2017
Diversity of projects and good physical office space. The office is designed in a cafeteria style working environment, so privacy and noise is a common distraction in the workplace. Revit based projects sometimes difficult to get contract administration support.
Pros
above
Cons
most control of large projects is not in Calgary
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2017
Respectful and it's the right place to grow your career
I enjoyed every minute at IBI Group and was hoping to get another opportunity to stay with them.
Pros
Respect and Diversity
not bad place to work
Project Manager - Structural (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
Multidiscipline consulting firm. Not much flexibility on company policy. Lack of innovative and employee interaction. Too busy to enjoy off time.
Productive and positive environment to work with
SharePoint Developer\Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2016
It is an awesome place to work at. My colleagues were super cool and all on the floor was so super supportive and great ! It is a wonderful place to work at, where even slightest efforts are valued for.
Very pleasant environment to work and grow as a professional
Transportation Systems Designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 October 2015
The team comprises of highly qualified engineers making a difference in the transportation field and sustainable development.
Pros
Experience
working with both the IT and Systems department was an awesome experience
Network Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 October 2015
i spent most my time at IBI Group splitting a 70 hour work week between the systems projects working all over North America and the IT department.

The IT department had a centralized management team that was inexperienced with most technology as well as project management skills.

The systems group was amazing and the team cooperative environment was second to none. They hired the best of the best and brought several offices together to complete projects for clients in a manner that made learning both easy and fun.
Pros
education and skills
Cons
management lacking
IBI Group
Civil Technician/Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton2 July 2015
I take care of drafting redline and asbuilt drawings, as well as assisting the Director of Engineering.
I have learned a lot of AutoCAD skills
Management is too far removed from the day to day running of the company, therefore a lot of details fall through the cracks.
The co-workers are not accountable at all for their quality of work.
The hardest part of my job is getting the information I need from my colleagues.
The drafting is the most enjoyable part for me.
Pros
Challenging and fulfilling work
Cons
Very negative people
Over-all nice people
Senior Technical Architect (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2015
I worked for IBI Group for several months. Unfortunately they were experiencing some financial issues, where the stock price went from around $20 to $0.75.

This however, was not really reflected in the job culture, and upper-level management (CEO) did a good job of holding town halls in communicating with all employees about fears and changes,

However, immediate management in some areas hold their own agendas, just like anywhere, I suppose, and some have issues in separating personal differences from one's potential.

Co-workers - bright individuals
Pros
Co-workers, great work environment
Cons
Management culture centered around lower paid employees, which translates to less experienced employees.
Horrible management, low profile and mad people.
Architectural Employee (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 October 2014
The worst place you can work as architect. You will be treated like a construction labour or slave not as an architect.
Pros
Good view to the Coal Harbour
Ok company
CAD Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2013
working with other with in the company. good people to work with. good locations.