As Transport Coordinator he/she will be depend on the Project Logistics Manager (based in Spain) and the Transportation Manager (based in Vancouver). He/she will support all the logistics activities that are carried out during the course of a project with regard to the monitoring and control of execution units (EUs) in the areas of import customs clearance, transport permits supervision, engineering studies for transport, landings at ports, port deliveries to sites, duties control, communication with sites for deliveries.
He/she will support in dealing with logistics suppliers, site manager concerning the logistics matters.
He/she will need to cover for the Transportation Manager as required and be fully aware of activities and constraints in order to provide accurate information to different stakeholders.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working with suppliers and scheduling delivery times
- Making sure the operation meets its targets
- Reviewing import documentation for all supplies
- Coordinating transportation of supplies from USA and Canada and liaising with logistics team in Spain on international shipments.
- Duty free control of incoming supplies
- Attention to detail
- strong organizational skills for planning schedules, journeys and loads
- the ability to think logically
- the ability to work flexibly and to make decisions quickly
- excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels
- computer skills
- Well developed written and oral communication skills.
- Skills and knowledge to understand and optimize around complex interactions between work delivery program and construction needs
- Travel availability as per project needs
- Capability of developing robust planning assumptions to ensure that forward projections are accurate. He/she must also be capable of critical analysis to assess the appropriateness of the assumptions of others in pulling together disparate components of the overall plan.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with all project team members and subcontractors with a view of improving and maintaining logistics standards
- Significant experience in logistics activities in North America and overseas
- Experience with customs clearance processes
- PC knowledge of Microsoft applications.
Educational background on Procurement / Supply Chain / Foreign Trade
Knowledge of Spanish will be appreciated