Ian Martin Employee Reviews in Canada

Great Place To Work But...
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  OntarioJuly 5, 2016
I like this place, it is comfortable. But for me, comfortable is not awesome. I like to disrupt, question, and move forward with new ideas and initiatives. Most people in this environment are hesitant to discuss best practices, improvement, and analyze their own and the teams collective output with scrutiny at the fear of being pushed away from the level of comfort that embedded in the company.
Pros
Good and wholesome people.
Cons
Not a focused environment, lack of planning, and leadership. Top heavy.
Safe and productive workplace
Commissioning Lead/System Specialist (Current Employee) –  Maces Bay, NBJune 1, 2016
Safety is reflected in all decisions. Having the opportunity to work as a commissioning lead and system specialist allowed me to be split time between the office and field work. Each day brought new learning opportunities, challenges and triumphs. I look forward to continuing in a work place where I can contribute with my work ethic and positive attitude.
Friendly staff to work with...
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 12, 2014
Great place to work! Each day is different and new. Not much chance to grow though. It is a small company.
tech support
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBOctober 28, 2013
tech supoort for printers. my coworkers were good to work with and the management sometime was lacking
Needs Help
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 23, 2013
Ian Martin needs to be redeveloped and restructured by first getting rid of the president and CFO
management very aloft
Project Management (Former Employee) –  oakvilleFebruary 13, 2013
terrible place to work
no feedback
no training
ever man for himself
management very distant
Cons
distant management
Great place to work at!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 21, 2013
I would arrive at work every morning 15 minutes before I would start to greet and say "Good morning" to all the staff that walked in. The staff was sociable and caring - everyone got along, it was great! So happy to be a part of that team! I have learned so much about what people do for a living, created great relationships with my co-workers, learned that this is what I really like to do. I like to help my co-workers and support them and make things happen! This means meeting deadlines even when thinking the impossible - I would make it possible. My staff loved me, I could feel it. They really did appreciate the work I did which was great. I felt worthy. The hardest part of the job was multi-tasking so much for so many people at once, but whatever it was I would make it happen and never disappointed my coworkers - I only surprised them and even myself which is why I can now say I really can multi-task. I would use my Outlook daily to plan my time very well. I was very specific for my work and timing. I totally enjoyed this work place and it will remain unforgettable.
Pros
great benefits!
Cons
long hours.
Easy to work for
Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONDecember 3, 2012
Comapny was real easy to work for. Was not micromanaged and when a problem occurred they were quick to fix it. Very friendly.
Pros
not micromanged, quick to help, very friendly
Cons
no pto
Agency position
Plant Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ingersoll, ONJune 27, 2012
Filing, computer entry, order office supplies, deal with uniform issues. Learned new computer software. Manager was excellent to work with as well as co-workers.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the atmosphere and co-workers and a variety of tasks everyday and always alot of work to be done.

Hardest part of the job was leaving as there was a corporate take over.

2.6