Ian Martin Employee Reviews

Safe and productive workplace
Commissioning Lead/System Specialist (Current Employee) –  Maces Bay, NB1 June 2016
Safety is reflected in all decisions. Having the opportunity to work as a commissioning lead and system specialist allowed me to be split time between the office and field work. Each day brought new learning opportunities, challenges and triumphs. I look forward to continuing in a work place where I can contribute with my work ethic and positive attitude.
Great place to work at!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 January 2013
I would arrive at work every morning 15 minutes before I would start to greet and say "Good morning" to all the staff that walked in. The staff was sociable and caring - everyone got along, it was great! So happy to be a part of that team! I have learned so much about what people do for a living, created great relationships with my co-workers, learned that this is what I really like to do. I like to help my co-workers and support them and make things happen! This means meeting deadlines even when thinking the impossible - I would make it possible. My staff loved me, I could feel it. They really did appreciate the work I did which was great. I felt worthy. The hardest part of the job was multi-tasking so much for so many people at once, but whatever it was I would make it happen and never disappointed my coworkers - I only surprised them and even myself which is why I can now say I really can multi-task. I would use my Outlook daily to plan my time very well. I was very specific for my work and timing. I totally enjoyed this work place and it will remain unforgettable.
Pros
great benefits!
Cons
long hours.
management very aloft
Project Management (Former Employee) –  oakville13 February 2013
terrible place to work
no feedback
no training
ever man for himself
management very distant
Cons
distant management
tech support
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB28 October 2013
tech supoort for printers. my coworkers were good to work with and the management sometime was lacking
Agency position
Plant Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ingersoll, ON27 June 2012
Filing, computer entry, order office supplies, deal with uniform issues. Learned new computer software. Manager was excellent to work with as well as co-workers.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the atmosphere and co-workers and a variety of tasks everyday and always alot of work to be done.

Hardest part of the job was leaving as there was a corporate take over.
Friendly staff to work with...
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 August 2014
Great place to work! Each day is different and new. Not much chance to grow though. It is a small company.
Ian Martin was recently voted "one of the best places to work"
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tiverton, ON2 July 2013
Although demanding, they are looking for professionalism from all levels of the company. They have been operational for more than 50 years with a good batting record.
Easy to work for
Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON3 December 2012
Comapny was real easy to work for. Was not micromanaged and when a problem occurred they were quick to fix it. Very friendly.
Pros
not micromanged, quick to help, very friendly
Cons
no pto
Needs Help
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON23 May 2013
Ian Martin needs to be redeveloped and restructured by first getting rid of the president and CFO

2.6