Our client is a leading provider of commercial transportation, logistics, and supply chain management solutions, serving customers throughout North America, Europe and Asia. They have earned a reputation for delivering solutions that ease complexity and increase efficiency for companies of all sizes. An industry-leading FORTUNE® 500 company, their products and services encompass everything from fleet management to large-scale supply chain solutions and turnkey transportation solutions, making commerce flow more efficiently, reliably, and safely for everyone.
Competitive hourly rate
Full company benefits (health & dental)
Company Stock Option
Tool & Boot allowances
Ongoing education courses reimbursed
Here's the position Summary:
Located in Etobicoke - WEEKEND SHIFT
The Truck/Coach Technician will generally assist in the repair and diagnosis of major components or remove/replace major components.
Expectations include the ability to diagnose and repair the following with little or no supervision: alignments, PTO Systems, Electric Systems, Hydraulic/Air Brake systems, Heating/Air Conditioning Systems, and Preventive Maintenance Service.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the repair and diagnosis of : Engines (gas and diesel), Power train to include differentials, transmissions, clutches, drive shafts, PTO's and wheel ends, Electrical systems including starters and alternators, HVAC systems, Steering systems, Electronics to include ECM's, ECU's, sensors etc., Engine bolt on items such as turbos, fan clutches, injectors, cooling system etc., Brake systems including ABS, Suspension systems (spring and air).
- Identify and determine parts required for repair of disassembled units
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services
- Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Raise trucks, and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
-1-4 years practical experience in overhaul of major components(engines, transmissions etc.)
- 310T certification (if you also have Red Seal that's a plus)
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and ability to prioritize duties
- A valid drivers license is required
- Basic computer skills preferred for data entry into maintenance systems.
To apply for this position please submit your resume.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, please note that we will be in touch with those who most closely meet the requirements of the role.