Are you looking for an opportunity to personally grow and to have the influence to affect change within a publicly traded company?
Ian Martin Executive has an opportunity for a change initiator and profitability minded Corporate Controller in the biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry to lead a team of 25, including 3 directors, with locations in the Canada and US.
Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, and based Winnipeg, the Corporate Controller will ensure the optimal performance and strategic strategies of all of his/her departments (Project and Cost Accounting, Financial Accounting and Taxation).
The Corporate Controller will:
- Conduct an in-depth rationalization of the current accounting and financial reporting system, processes and functions to implement improvements and optimise working in a team focused environment for increased department efficiencies and individual development and contribution.
- Analyse all aspects of the financial department and oversee all aspects of the financial reporting, liaise with auditors, budget costs inventory systems, cash flow management, tax, risk management, business planning and payroll to insure a sound financial system.
- Produce monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, liaise with auditors, analysis of variances, annual budgets, costing and perpetual inventory systems, cash flow management, tax, risk management, payroll, business planning, etc.
- Initiate communication and work closely with the CFO, Department Heads, Operational Managers, members the management team and employees to establish a well-conceived annual budget, strategic plans, and sound and efficient administration processes that will provide direction and assist the various operations to achieve or exceed their profit and growth objectives.
- Be assertive and have the capability to negotiate contracts, being tough when required, and deal effectively with vendors and industry regulatory bodies.
The successful candidate will be experienced professional with well-developed organizational and communication skills, excellent administrative and planning skills, who has demonstrated a consistent track record of objectives achievement, improvement and profitable growth for his/her employers by employing the leadership and direction required to serve the corporation’s and shareholder’s best interests.
The Controller must be an energetic, personable, and inclusive leader and team player who is solution focused, action oriented and possesses well-developed people management skills. He/she will have unquestionable integrity, maturity, and professional presence.
In addition, the successful candidate would have business acumen with a professional background and expertise complimented by:
- Experience operating within a Publicly Traded Company and being current on IFRS g with previous training in the multi facets of managing the finance function.
- A Professional Accounting Designation: CMA, CGA, or CA is essential.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit your résumé in confidence directly through this website or by emailing to the address below. We want to thank you for applying but will only contact those professionals most aligned with our client requirements.
About Ian Martin Executive:
Ian Martin Executive was formed to share a unique Investigative Approach and offer this process to our clients across North America. Our approach is simple: strong, fair and unpretentious, striving to elevate and surpass expectations. To learn more, please visit our website at http://ianmartinexecutive.com/
We are different. Our Investigative Approach is in-depth, so it requires trust. Therefore, we do not work with two companies who compete in the same market. Our goal is to develop life-long relationships with senior leadership teams who are deeply aligned with our own values and will confidently refer our services.
As a Certified B Corp we have committed to meeting comprehensive and transparent social and environmental performance, meeting higher legal accountability standards. We consider all of our stakeholders including employees, suppliers, customers, shareholders, the community and the environment when making business decisions.
We encourage you to learn more about B Corps at (http://www.bcorporation.net/ianmartingroup ).
We are a unique kind of retained search firm and connect leaders who believe, as we do, that good stewardship and social responsibility are just good business.