Job Competition #:
Client Resource Specialist – Punjabi-Speaking
Employment Program of BC – Squamish Employment Services Centre
1 Part-time position at 20 hours/week starting immediately to end of March 31, 2014
Operated by the Training Innovations Inc.
Primarily assigned in Squamish Employment Services Centre and reporting to the EPBC Manager, ISSofBC and ESC Site Manager/Site Coordinator, the Client Resource Specialist is responsible for assisting in the ESC’s resource centre; support and monitors clients accessing self-serve services in a manner that promotes their independence and self-sufficiency; ensures clients are aware of ESC services and staff-assisted functions; develops and maintains a comprehensive, current and accurate directory of community – based services and employment-related resources and coordinates self-serve workshop schedules.
- A related post-secondary degree or diploma, or the equivalent of education and experience.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a customer service role.
- Strong understanding of local and provincial labour market information and employment resource materials.
- Strong understanding of the operations of employment resources centres.
- Knowledge of employment services.
- Strong understanding of community stakeholders, employers and service providers to support a wide range of clientele.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Creative and passionate in working with clients to enhance labour market attachment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and capable to work with general and specialized populations.
- Familiar with online and Microsoft Office tools.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English and Punjabi.
- Commitment to providing quality service, good team player and ability to multi-task.
- Familiar with the new Employment Program of BC.
- Willingness to work weekends and evenings.
- Ability to pass and maintain a criminal record check.
Desired Certifications and Abilities:
- Certified Career Development Practitioner
- Certificates in MBTI, Personality Dimensions, Career Crossroads, Making Sense of LMI or Starting Points
- Employment Counseling certificate
- Job Club Leadership Training Certification
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention training or other customer service/conflict mediation training
- Familiarity with assessment and counseling present and past practices, including Assessment Component of Employment Counseling (ACEC)
Email applications must include “2013-ESC-13” in the subject line.
Closing Date: By 12 noon, Thursday, October 31, 2013
Salary Rate: $17.88 per hour (Pay Grade 5)
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.
One of the 75 Best Workplaces in Canada ranked by Great Place to Work Institute in 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 ISSofBC offers to eligible staff an outstanding medical and employer-matched RRSP benefits and includes regular wage increments based on length of service. ISSofBC is an equal opportunity employer.