ISM Canada, a wholly owned subsidiary of IBM Canada Ltd., and a member of IBM Global Services, is a leading player in bringing competitively priced, IT services to public and private sector organizations.
As a Solution Architect you will work closely with our customers to understand the business requirements and participate in the full life-cycle of engagements to develop innovative solutions. Responsibilities include a wide range of architectural activities from requirements analysis through systems, application and/or process design specification. The Architect understands client needs, works in levels of abstraction, applies industry knowledge, and leverages appropriate business elements and information technology to address those needs. This includes working with client personnel and executives to identify functional and non-functional requirements and subsequently working with and leading others in the evaluation of options and the identification, justification and design of the client's solution. The Architect is responsible for the overall solution related to quality, performance, availability, scalability and integrity, ensuring solution usability. Below are some of the typical duties associated with this position.
Duties of an Infrastructure Architect:
- Lead a team of professionals in the delivery of projects and technical solutions that may be large or small, and of varying degrees of complexity focused on, but not exclusive to, projects relating to the delivery of infrastructure services.
- Identify, gather and analyze client data relevant to developing technical solutions, at a management level
- Arrange for the delivery capability (people, skills, tools) to effectively deliver infrastructure based technical services to ISM Canada customers as well as internally.
- Work with other ISM Canada divisions to leverage knowledge, tools, and training in order to optimize solution delivery, quality and costs.
- Provide leadership, guidance and training of technical solution staff, so that business objectives and customers requirements are met.
- Lead or assist other with project tracking and measurements, status reporting, requirements identification and gathering, report writing, forecasting and budgeting.
- Mentoring of less senior employees.
- Provide technical leadership to project managers during all phases of the project delivery cycle
- Regularly participate in overall technical solution/services planning and objective setting in both the customer setting and the internal setting.
- Regularly attend/run customer meetings reviewing technical requirements, solutions and issues relating to the delivery of both customer based and internal projects.
- Participate in, and/or be responsible for the creation, harvesting, protection, and reuse of intellectual capital.
- Participate actively in knowledge sharing activities like communities of practice, forums, conferences and/or other knowledge exchanges.
Candidates must possess a recognized degree or diploma in a related field plus 7-9 years of IT experience, and a minimum of 2 years hands on experience in an Infrastructure Architect or Team Lead role. Preference will be given to candidates that are TOGAF certified. At the senior level, this position requires significant knowledge across multiple platforms, processes or architectures, as well as broad knowledge of new technologies, and could include directing the architectural efforts of less experienced architects. ISM / IBM provides clear career path and training to develop your skills.
The following is a list of specific qualifications required:
- TOGAF (Open Group Architecture Framework) Certification is desirable.
- Knowledge of the IBM Architectural Method is desirable.
- Detailed knowledge of project management methodologies and tools.
- Deep enterprise infrastructure knowledge, demonstrated by industry and product certifications or related experience.
- Working knowledge in business matters, finance, planning, forecasting and
personnel in order to manage project teams, and business issues.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Sound financial analysis background.
- Ability to work flexible hours and out-of-province travel as required.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize complex problems related to objectives and implements solutions or develops new system elements, procedures or proc-esses independently or through the direction of other employees.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely and successfully with people in a team environment.
- Demonstrated leadership, supervisory and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an independent fashion.
Employment Incentives may include:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Ongoing training and opportunities for career advancement
- Great corporate culture with superior working conditions
- Great opportunities for skill development and advanced learning in IT-related fields.
- Tuition assistance
- Employee discounts
- Accessibility to a fitness center
Apply now and find out what it's like to be a part of an environment where you are celebrated for the person you are, the ideas you bring and the energy you invest. Please submit your application on the ISM Canada careers portal. https://careers.ismcanada.com/careers/ before April 30, 2014.
Job code : SK14-050FT: Infrastructure Architect
ISM Canada thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard