Reference Number: CORPORATE14-084FT
Location: Regina, SK or Victoria, BC
Closing Date: May 11, 2014
ISM Canada, a wholly owned subsidiary of IBM Canada Ltd., and a member of IBM Global Services, is a leading player in bringing competitively priced, IT services to public and private sector organizations. From cloud hosted infrastructure to web-enabled applications that drive today’s successful organizations, ISM Canada teams delivers the IT reliability and excellence clients count on, backed by the global experience of IBM.
Working closely with Human Resources, Payroll, and our employees, the Payroll & Benefits Administrator is responsible for assisting in multiple financial activities relating to company bi-weekly payroll functions, benefits and pension administration. This includes performing timely and accurate bi-weekly payroll audits, executing employee pay analysis, coordinating special payroll deduction and compensation programs, ensuring compliance with policies and regulatory requirements, and other Human Resources duties as assigned. Integrity and strong attention to detail are crucial for this role.
- Assist in the preparation and administration of payroll for all employees in our SK and BC Geography, while auditing payroll processing reports for accuracy.
- Ensure that all salaries are paid accurately and in a timely fashion to all company employees.
- Issue ad hoc, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports including all year end processing.
- Take and handle all inquiries arising from questions about payroll.
- Implement salary increases, bonuses, commissions, and so on in accordance with instructions given.
- Maintain detailed records and documentation of payroll functions for audit purposes, in accordance with statutory requirements.
Group Benefits Administration
- Administration of employee programs (e.g. health benefits, pension etc).
- Preparing monthly remittances and cheque requests for group insurance payments
- Handle all inquiries with new and current employees regarding benefits.
- Maintain records for pension contributions made by employees; liaise with service providers to ensure funds are transferred as appropriate.
- Collaborate with the HR department and other departments to ensure pay and personnel records are accurate and up to date.
- Prepare monthly remittances and cheque requests for our pension plans.
- Provide information on the pension plans to all new and existing employees and ensure enrolment packages are completed on time.
- Advise appropriate organizations when an employee is no longer employed.
- Create ad-hoc and complex reports using Excel, Hyperion, Crystal Reports and other reporting tools as necessary
The ideal candidate will have a College or University education in Human Resources/Accounting or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Candidates must have detailed knowledge of current legislation related to payroll such as taxable benefits, employment and labour standards; payroll expertise in Canadian payroll; strong computer systems skills, particularly with the MS office Suite of applications with extensive knowledge of Excel; and excellent verbal and written communication skills. The successful candidate must demonstrate flexibility when work assignments or priorities change and have a willingness to do whatever it takes to ensure the overall effectiveness of the HR function. In doing so, the successful candidate will be resourceful in accomplishing work tasks and obtaining needed information while at the same time interacting in a helpful, courteous and professional manner. A demonstrated sense of urgency and level of energy required to handle a fast-paced environment as well as a demonstrated reliable work ethic and desire to put in extra time and effort are key pre-requisites to being successful in this role.
Apply now and find out what it's like to be a part of an environment where you are celebrated for the person you are, the ideas you bring and the energy you invest. We offer flexible work arrangement, an excellent salary and benefits package, impressive performance awards and recognition opportunities, flexibility to develop required skills with e-learning convenience at no cost and an environment that appreciates and values your contributions. Please submit your application on the ISM Canada careers portal. https://careers.ismcanada.com/careers/ before May 11, 2014. Requisition Number : CORPORATE14-084FT
ISM Canada thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.