Are you crazy about data? Do you love developing data models for business growth and development? Are you ready to take on a leadership role in a new and exciting growth industry?
Then ISM Canada may be the company for you!
ISM Canada is looking for an Analytics Strategist and Service Owner to lead the company’s newly created Analytics team. This team will assist businesses from all sectors with using data to improve product development, customer service, and customer outcomes, and to enhance business growth and development.
If you have experience in data modelling, business integration, statistical modelling, analytic dashboards, and/or working with senior management teams to define metrics, this may be the job for you!
ISM Canada is a unique technology services company with world-class business expertise which is focused on developing value-added solutions for customers’ business needs. ISM Canada has been a key player in the IT sector for nearly 50 years.
The Analytics Strategist and Service Owner will be responsible for building the Analytics strategy, executing the strategy and building new services while creating new value for ISM Canada’s customers.
Ultimately, the Analytics Strategist and Service Owner is accountable for end-to-end ownership of ISM Canada’s Analytics service(s). The Analytics Strategist and Service Owner will support ISM Canada’s culture change, provide thought leadership, will interface with customers, lead project teams that may include direct reports and is responsible for establishing the strategy, maintaining, improving, delivering, measuring and growing the assigned service(s).
The Analytics Strategist and Service Owner will report directly to the Director, Business Analytics of ISM Canada. This role will interface with all affected stakeholders both internal and external to ISM Canada in a matrix environment. This role is subject to regular business working conditions and occasional travel is a requirement of the role. This role is also expected to evolve as ISM Canada’s business evolves.
Customer / Business Partners / Business Development Responsibilities
- Develop, maintain and expand positive customer relationships to ensure client satisfaction and to grow our business opportunities.
- Liaise and/or negotiate with customers, internal stakeholders and business partners.
- Identify, lead and/or participate in business development/pre-sales activities and bid and proposal efforts.
Service / Technology Responsibilities
- Provides strategic leadership and direction for assigned portfolio of service(s) including developing and executing the strategy to ensure success of assigned service(s).
- Accountable for the development, lifecycle and achievement of business objectives (revenue, cost, growth, performance and customer satisfaction) for assigned service(s).
- Provides thought leadership and subject matter expertise.
- Champions assigned service(s) and acts as the point of escalation for issues affecting assigned service(s).
- Designs and adjusts assigned service(s) based on technological/market direction, customer and/or competitive requirements and industry accepted best practices.
- Develop and/or assist in the development of service(s) and/or portfolio of services that meet market and customer requirements.
- Serve as a consultant during the design and implementation of service(s).
- Increase awareness and understanding through delivery information sessions/presentations on topic(s) relating to areas of responsibility which may include a sales focus, technology future view, etc.
- Initiate and establish a Community of Practice to engage and develop employees and other stakeholders about the service(s) and related technology.
- Drive ISM Canada’s success and advocate for our evolving line of services.
- Lead cross-functional teams as required for multi-disciplinary projects.
- May directly supervise one or more employees and is responsible for executing all regular managerial responsibilities (including workforce planning, performance reviews, etc.)
- Ensure Learning & Development plans are identified for all employee(s) supporting the service(s) and provide coaching and mentoring, as required.
- Accountable for the profitability of assigned service(s).
- Responsible for managing and delivering financial results for assigned area of responsibility, including the creation of the annual budget including capital investment resources, etc.
- University Degree or equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
- Proven experience managing and/or delivering similar services with increasing degree of responsibility and proven track record with the ability to execute according to plan.
- Experience should include high impact service delivery in a rapid paced, time sensitive, high quality environment.
- Experience leading a team in a cross-functional / project oriented environment.
- Experience developing business relationships as well as managing and maintaining customer relationships.
- Knowledge across related service technology platforms considered an asset.
The Strategist and Service Owner (Manager) of ISM Canada must demonstrate experience in the following ISM Canada Leadership competencies, which are deemed critical to our success:
- Demonstrates resilience when difficulties occur by taking personal responsibility for the situation.
- Distills the central issues in difficult problems, focusing on the most important elements.
- Seeks out challenging business opportunities, seeing growth potential in daunting situations.
- Takes on very challenging situations with enthusiasm and determination, acting beyond job responsibility when required.
Partner for Customer Success
- Acts as the client’s advocate within the organization.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the client’s industry, markets, business model, challenges and strategy for winning.
- Establishes ways to routinely monitor clients, markets or technologies.
- Helps others balance the use of customized and standardized solutions that add significant value to the client.
- Leverages IBM’s capability to connect clients, client’s customers and partners in new ways.
- Adapts to fill leader and contributor roles depending on the needs of the group.
- Creates a network of key influencers to achieve objectives.
- Creates cross-boundary coalitions that unite around a common goal by developing a collective understanding and reconciling conflicting interests or objectives.
- Establishes clear expectations for cooperative behavior among team members.
- Grows one's professional network by participating in internal and external groups.
Act with a Systemic Perspective
- Acts decisively even when complete information is not available and takes calculated risks by considering potential losses and gains.
- Builds a broad perspective from multiple sources of data and involves the team to analyze the situation and identify next steps.
- Uses root cause analysis and business analytics to better understand the problem or situation when making decisions.
Build Mutual Trust
- Accepts responsibility for one’s own mistakes and works to correct them.
- Creates opportunities for team members to get to know each other, even if team members work remotely.
- Speaks up to do what is right.
- Trusts others have the skill and capability to follow through on commitments.
Influence Through Expertise
- Builds organizational capability by identifying skill gaps and supporting individual development as well as seizing spontaneous opportunities to create teachable moments.
- Coaches others to step out of their comfort zone to reach their highest potential.
- Develops others by matching them with appropriate mentors or role models.
- Encourages others to maintain focus on long-term career objectives, providing development opportunities such as job rotations, cross-functional or challenging assignments.
- Confronts ambiguity and uncertainty with a willingness to rethink assumptions, adopting new approaches and solutions in response to changing demands.
- Implements innovative ideas to drive business growth, encouraging others to be creative on the job.
- Learns new systems, procedures, and tools quickly in response to changes in work environment.
- Understands the concept of organizational change and how to manage it.
Communicate for Impact
- Ensures others feel heard by acknowledging their point of view.
- Leverages awareness of one’s own perspectives and cultural norms when communicating with globally diverse audiences.
- Monitors tone and demeanor to reflect the message being communicated.
- Persuades others through compelling and reasoned arguments.
Help ISMers Succeed
- Creates a sense of pride and belonging among team members.
- Implements creative ways to recognize people's success.
- Motivates the team by providing the business rationale for assigned tasks and communicates a clear vision, especially in times of uncertainty.
- Shields the team from structures or processes that interfere with performance.
- Supports team members in integrating work and personal responsibilities.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application on the ISM Canada careers portal. https://careers.ismcanada.com/careers/ before August 31, 2014
Job code : CORPORATE14-185FT Analytics Strategist and Service Owner