ISHTAR TRANSITION HOUSING SOCIETY
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, LANGLEY, BC
Ishtar Transition Housing Society is a non-profit organization providing safe accommodation for women and children seeking refuge from abuse, counselling and support services to women and children and victim services to women, men and children. We are seeking an individual who can provide overall management and leadership in implementing Board policy and Society operations in a manner consistent with the vision, mission and goals of the Society. The position reports to the Board of Directors through the President.
- Act as a resource to the Board in respect of the Board carrying out its functions and assist the Board in such a manner that their decisions are made on an informed basis.
- Provide guidance, advice and support to the Board on process issues such as establishing and interpreting terms of reference, strategic planning, decision-making and accountability.
- Gather, interpret and articulate information to the Board on community trends and resources as they relate to enhancing the Board’s capacity for effective communication, decision-making and long-term planning.
- Communicate in a timely manner to the Board all significant issues affecting the development and delivery of programs and services.
- Ensure policy and procedures are maintained in a current manner and assume the role of Privacy Officer on all related organizational matters.
- Participate in various committees as deemed appropriate by the Board.
- Monitor and oversee the financial management of the organization with respect to monthly financial reporting and in the preparation of annual budgets.
- Identify, prioritize and provide advice and counsel to the Board in accessing potential fund-raising alternatives and opportunities as they present themselves.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with funding sources in addition to cultivating new funding opportunities through well articulated funding proposals.
- Participate in the recruitment, selection and training of all management personnel.
- Cultivate a respectful working environment between bargaining unit, management and volunteers of the Society.
- Participate in bargaining unit meditation, arbitration and grievance resolution.
- Initiate and develop relationships with a broad range of community sectors including all levels of Government, business and other non-profit or charitable organizations.
- Undertake activities within the community that enhance the visibility of the Society.
- Represent the society on appropriate committees, networks and joint projects.
- Develop and provide information about the organization’s goals, programs and services.
- Monitor community needs on an ongoing basis; be aware of changing context within which services are provided.
- Measure success of programs and services to ensure consistency with criteria established by funding sources and the vision, mission and goals of the Society.
The Applicant will have a minimum of 5 years experience in senior management positions within a community, charitable or non-profit organization coupled with a post-secondary designation in preferably social services or related field. In addition the Applicant should have experience in managing an organization within the confines of a collective agreement and be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills while effectively building a team committed to the goals and objectives of the Society. Engaging all stakeholders in the process of eliminating violence against men, women and children will come from a personality comfortable with communicating at all levels while providing strategic leadership in the development of programs and related services.
Please forward your resume and covering letter to by March 1, 2013.
Indeed - 12 months ago
Is a non-profit organization providing safe accommodation for women and children seeking refuge freom abuse, counselling and support...