A research associate communicates internal personnel as well as with customers. This position focuses on carrying out applied research. (Specifically for down-hole chemical treatments in the oil and gas industry) communication with the Manager of Chemical Technology and the Lab Staff is always ongoing.
-Transfers from a bulk tank to transfer tote ensuring correct valve procedures for transfers
- Maintain an organized safe, clean plant and workspace
- Maintain good communication with coworkers and supervisors
- Related general plant duties
- Demonstrating support for the quality system through leadership by example.
- Establishing specifications for raw materials
- Verifying the quality of raw materials.
- Developing quality control inspections and tests.
- Monitoring the product quality through review of Q/C testing.
- Developing and/or proofing technical specification for products (including product data sheets, MSD Sheets).
- Aid in determining process adjustments for production material.
- Ensuring the development of new products and product enhancements are carried out under controlled conditions.
- Determining applicable chemical analysis for various products when required.
- Maintaining good communication with all department managers.
-A minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Chemistry or related academic background with a proven record of innovation and product development in drilling or fracturing fluid additives.
- 5 years in experience in drilling fluid or fracturing industry dealing with customers
- Management and leadership skills with the ability to communicate clearly and work in a team environment
-Excellent work record in technical support or a product development role in the drilling and/or fracturing fluid additives industry
- Strong chemical aptitude with ability to develop chemical solutions for technical challenges in drilling and fracturing fluids
- Strong team player
- Strong communication skills-- provide technical support and communication to management and customers
The plant is conveniently located in Calgary’s SE industrial quarter. It manufactures chemical additives for the oil and gas industry using blenders. Operating pumps and hoses performs quality control tests, label batch orders. Key team players are focused on working together to consistently deliver value and quality. The expanding team is always looking for knowledgeable, ambitious and innovative professionals who can help them grow their business.
Hours: Monthly Rotating shifts
Wage Range - Salary to be negotiated - pending experience
How to apply? - Email / Fax ( 403-735-2333)
Your interest is greatly appreciated. However, only those candidates considered will be contacted.
No phone calls please!