As a leading Canadian independent renewable power producer, Innergex develops, owns and operates run-of-river hydroelectric facilities, wind farms and solar photovoltaic parks. Active since 1990, the Company carries out operations in Quebec, Ontario, British Columbia, and Idaho, USA. We strive for sustainability in all aspects of our business: the energy we produce, the contribution we make to local communities, the revenues we generate, and the returns we provide to investors. Innergex has two offices, in Longueuil, Quebec, and Vancouver, British Columbia, and employs more than 125 people. The company promotes teamwork, while respecting each employee’s individual competencies and aspirations. This position is based in our downtown Vancouver but will require continued regional travel to support all of the hydroelectric facilities in British Columbia and Idaho.
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior Vice-President – Operations and Maintenance, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following primary duties:
- Carry-out the design, configuration, integration and implementation of existing process control for hydroelectric generating stations;
- Maintain, write, implement, test and document PLC, HMI and programming software such as Unity Pro, Concept, GE Proficy;
- Maintains historian software, alarms, events and data management;
- Develop User Requirement Specifications (URS) related to the user interface, process functionality, reporting and data handling;
- Develop, write and maintain program literature for all facilities;
- Develop and maintain back-up systems for software/programs and data;
- Maintain communication network system.
- Proven proficiency in programming abilities for alarm management, flow measurement and process optimization;
- Capacity to work under pressure with tight deadlines;
- Strong problem-solving ability;
- Well-organized, proactive, and meticulous;
- Proven ability for collaboration and team work;
- Must be ''hands-on'' and autonomous;
- Solid knowledge of and high level of performance in adherence with HSE requirements of all activities;
- Flexibility and willingness to frequently travel within British Columbia and to Idaho.
Training and Experience
- Related post-secondary schooling or equivalent in a relevant field of study (Industrial Automation, Mechanical/Electronic Engineering Technologist or Technician);
- 10 years of experience in installation and troubleshooting industrial automation and electronic/electrical controls;
- Strong technical/computer background, including 7 - 10 years of PLC programming experience and HMI development experience;
- Experience with hydro plant operations, PLC’s, communications infrastructure, high-voltage transmission lines (a definite asset);
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal, and computer);
- Possess a BC driver’s license in good standing;
- Have the ability to travel to the United States.
Indeed - 16 months ago
As a leading Canadian independent renewable power producer, Innergex develops, owns and operates run-of-river hydroelectric facilities, wind...