The core responsibility of the Manager, Operational Risk is to provide leadership and strategic direction for all aspects of operational risk and implementation and governance of the operational risk framework. Operational Risk Management is a comprehensive and integrated program designed to identify, measure, assess, report and monitor loss exposures facing the Bank. The Manager will also be responsible for ensuring appropriate policies, procedures and controls are in place to provide oversight on Operational Risk Governance.
- Oversee the Bank’s overall operational risk exposures
- Lead the Operational risk Management team.
- Act as the key point of contact for all operational risk projects, process changes/re-engineering and product implementation
- Manage the company-wide implementation of systems or processes designed to identify, measure and monitor risk across the business (e.g., Risk and Control Self-Assessment workshops, Key Risk Indicators, Incident database and reporting).
- Oversee the implementation of an Operational Risk framework and all related policies
- Responsible for reporting to the Bank’s Executive Committee/ Team; including management of all relevant committee and working group agendas, minutes and meeting materials
- Measure, monitor and report risk exposures and related profit and loss developments (e.g., incident database)
- Establish and leverage strong partnerships with internal business units to ensure loss exposures are measured, monitored, mitigated and reported
- Responsible for training and communication to the business and key stakeholders regarding all elements of the Operational Risk Management Framework.
- Oversee the planning and coordination of programs to further enhance the Operational Risk Prevention program within the Bank and develop programs to meet the Bank’s needs
- Development and implementation of company-wide Key Risk, Key Performance and Environmental Risk indicators and be responsible for the monitoring of such indicators and recommendations on an on-going basis
- Support the change management process to ensure effective risk mitigation strategies are in place for new / changing products and processes
- Chair the applicable committees and working groups and undertake duties required by the Operational Risk Management mandate
- Participate in Corporate initiatives and projects to meet overall Company objectives
- Assist in Internal and External Audits of the Operational Risk Mandate function
- Keep up to date with industry developments
- Other duties as assigned in keeping with the constant changes/needs of the company
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships
- Ability to communicate results and recommendations to the highest levels in the Bank
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively in team environment
- Proficient analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of operational risk governance
- Experience in communicating results and recommendations to the highest levels in the Bank.
- Business related post-secondary degree
- 5-10 years of direct banking experience with specific experience in Operational Risk Management and exposure to Risk Management
- 5+ years of experience with consulting on Retail Banking projects (including product and process changes) from a Operational risk perspective.
- Experience with people management and leading teams
ING DIRECT will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to ING DIRECT would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the ING DIRECT Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with ING DIRECT policies, guidelines and directions.
ING DIRECT is an equal opportunity employer.
"Doing Well by Doing Right". It's how we do business, and how we treat people - including our Clients, employees and all other...