When ING DIRECT Clients are in a position to invest, they turn to us. The Streetwise Investments team strives to provide simple, low cost investment solutions for all Canadians. We challenge the industry status quo and provide the best in class experience for our Clients online, over the phone and in our Cafés. We care deeply about helping Canadians lead better lives, and we do this by enabling them to achieve greater financial understanding and long term success.
As a Bilingual Mutual Fund Associate (Streetwise Coach) you are the voice and personality of Streetwise Investments. Dealing primarily over the phone, Clients will be reaching out to you as their main source for investment advice. You will use your wit and curiosity to engage Clients in conversation and assess their needs as they relate to investing. You are passionate about our investment philosophies and advocate for increased investor education and sound investing behaviours. You take pride in helping people, and you focus on bringing your best to each interaction.
- Assess Clients' financial situations and fit for mutual funds using probing questions and superior communication skills.
- Coach Clients to adopt sound investor behaviours that are in line with an index-based approach to investing.
- Simplify and explain investment strategies using language and analogies that make investing easier to understand for those with limited understanding of the industry.
- Educate Clients on the fundamentals of our products with the intention of raising their overall investor awareness.
- Enable Client's to take control of their investments by providing them a tailored recommendation suited to their needs.
- Highlight available online tools to assist Clients in planning and goal setting.
- Share knowledge and passion for the index-based investment strategy as a superior method for controlling costs and investing for the long term.
- Recommend other ING DIRECT products that are well suited to the Clients identified needs.
- Assist Clients with maintaining their accounts by executing trade orders, ensuring documentation is up to date and complete, and by having an excellent grasp of internal processes.
- Meet monthly call efficiency and quality targets.
- Share best practices with the Streetwise team and participate in departmental initiatives and discussions.
- Conveys an Inspirational ING Vision & Strategy
- Builds High Performing ING Teams
- Acts as a Team Player
- Results Oriented
- Focuses on the Customer
- Committed to Self Development
- Detailed understanding and belief in Index investing strategy and the various financial instruments that can be used to apply it.
- Demonstrated customer service excellence
- Ability to assess and give advice.
- Superior communication skills in English (written and verbal).
- Fluency in French an asset.
- Detail oriented/organized
- Computer literate
- A demonstrated interest and knowledge of Index/Passive investing strategy.
- Dually employed by ING DIRECT Mutual Funds and ING Bank of Canada (ING BOC).
- Adhere to the ING DIRECT Mutual Funds Policy and Procedure Manual and keep up to date with any changes.
- Apply principles of Know Your Client (KYC) in all customer transactions.
- A minimum of 1-3 years related work experience (customer service, retail banking, mutual fund sales) an asset
- Successful completion of CSC or IFIC or ability to complete in short time period.
- Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree an asset.
- Must be fluent in French and English
ING DIRECT will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to ING DIRECT would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the ING DIRECT Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with ING DIRECT policies, guidelines and directions.
- Must have flexibility to work shifts, weekends/statutory holidays
ING DIRECT is an equal opportunity employer.