INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, speciality chemicals and oil products. It comprises 12 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 51 manufacturing facilities in 11 countries throughout the world.
INEOS is characterised by the following strengths:
- High-quality and low-cost production facilities
- Well-invested plants
- Large plants that benefit from economies of scale
- Favourable locations
- Experienced management
- Leading market positions
- Operating diversity - products, customers, geographic regions, applications and end-use markets
Leading market positions allow INEOS to be the supplier of choice for many of the largest customers in our markets. This has translated into strong and long-term relationships with these customers.
The company continues to grow its profitability and cash flows through:
- Leveraging existing resources to expand sales
- Achievement of cost savings
- Extracting the full benefits of a vertically integrated business
- The management philosophy at INEOS is to operate a simple and decentralised organisational structure, coupled with programmes intended to incentivise our employees.
We currently have the following opportunity:
This role is a vital part of the supply chain process. The Warehouse specialist oversees the efficient receipt, storage and dispatch of all materials used by the site. He/she ensures productivity targets are met and maintains accurate and timely inventory data in SAP. He/she will ensure workplace health and safety requirements are met and take responsibility for the security of the building and stock.
- Unload freight from trucks/couriers
- Open all boxes/packages. Confirm material with vendor packing slip, confirm vendor packing slip with purchase order information, and electronically receive material in SAP.
- Fix any errors that arise. If the vendor has shipped an incorrect item or incorrect quantity of items, contact vendor to straighten out the issue.
- Notify end user that material has arrived
- Put stock items in appropriate bin locations
- Maintain and manage the “Hold for Inspection” process - material requiring an inspection will be noted on the purchase order. These items must be received into blocked stock until inspected. After inspection, the material is reversed from blocked stock and received into warehouse stock which makes it available for use.
- Pipe: Any pipe received on site, must be painted according to INEOS specs. and heat numbers marked on pipe at both ends and in the middle.
Develop and maintain staging areas for maintenance work and capital projects
- All receiving must comply with Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) regulations
- Regularly confirm shipping weights of received shipments
- Proper packaging of all material to be shipped off site
- Fill out appropriate waybills and MSDS sheets for shipping
- For any out of Canada shipments, compile customs documents along with brokerage paperwork from customs broker prior to shipping
- Affix proper documentation to all packages to be shipped
- Ensure proper shipping weight is documented on shipping documents
- Contact transportation company to pick up shipments
- Use bander to strap down large, heavy items (i.e.: valves, motors, etc)
- When shipping an item out for repair, confirm what fluid/chemical was last contained for that item. MSDS sheets are required for shipping any used product where a chemical was used in the application.
- Ship operations and maintenance tools and hand tools for repair
- All shipping must comply with TDG regulations
Fulfilling Orders/Issuing Materials:
- Check for printed pick lists. Pull material from inventory, electronically issue the material out of inventory, bag and tag the materials, put in storage location, and leave a copy of the goods receipt document with materials
- Ensure all material is properly signed out according to procedures
- Maintain pick lists for recurring maintenance work
- Plant wide deliveries - Deliver pallets to areas of the plant using the forklift or flat bed truck
- Deliveries of certain products to various offices in administration building
- Stocking photocopy areas with paper supplies
- Maintain Filing System - packing slip, goods receipts, weigh bills, air bills
- Find storage locations for document storage requests from others to store their documents. This may require boxing, packaging, palletizing, tagging and putting in a storage area.
- Fulfill various forklift requests throughout the plant, warehouse, storage locations, shop
- Daily forklift inspections
- General maintenance and housekeeping of warehouse and areas used by the warehouse
- Organization/Reorganization as required to improve warehouse efficiency or meet customer needs
- Verify all transportation company invoice charges to received shipment documentation. If there are discrepancies (unknown shipment, high price, inaccurate weights, etc), contact the carrier in question to dispute the charge.
- Assist in resolution of invoice charge disputes
- Manage and control freight costs for delivery of materials and supplies to the warehouse and zone stores
- Sweep and maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Establish storage bin locations and numbering structure
- Set up new inventory item locations as required and update SAP with the location
- Cycle count inventory - complete physical inventory of entire warehouse performed each year. Update inventory electronically.
- Cycle count zone store/free issue inventory locations every week
- Actively challenge stocking levels with historical information and make recommendations to reduce levels
- Run slow moving and dead stock reports and work with maintenance/operations/project engineering to review and eliminate, if possible
- Each Tuesday, a physical count of all gas cylinders is done. Fill in numbers on spreadsheet and give sheet to Procurement Associate who will determine re-ordering if needed.
- Each Wednesday, a physical count of all lubes and chemicals is done. If count is lower than electronic inventory, issue item(s) from inventory.
- Dispose of surplus inventory by selling back to vendor or holding a surplus auction at site
- Report inventory status to management as required
- Review annually the dead stock and slow moving stock items. Make recommendations to eliminate or minimize these items and keep records of when these items were reviewed and the results of such reviews.
- Create and maintain procedures in controlled document format for all critical warehouse tasks.
- Special assignments as assigned
- Document delivered warehouse related improvements and savings
- High School Diploma required
- Valid driver’s license
- TDG, WHMIS, Fork Lift Certification
- 2 – 5 years of plant or facility direct warehouse experience. Experience in a petrochemical or refining would be an asset
- Fluent in creating and issuing purchase requisitions and purchase orders to meet customer requirements and site policies and procedures. Use of SAP or similar system if preferred.
- Demonstrated and efficient use of computer (Microsoft Office) and people resources
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service
- Good lifting practices, ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Strong negotiations skills
- Excellent quantitative skills
- Fluent SAP MM experience is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to see areas that need challenged and obtain maximum savings through negotiations or process changes
- Demonstrated ability to pick up work in progress and complete it thoroughly and completely
- Excellent customer service attitude
- High customer focus and outstanding customer service
- Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization and with external contacts
- Ability to work with minimal supervision yet accomplish all required objectives
- Diligent and thorough in your evaluations, bid summaries and communication
- Ability to resolve conflicts with customers and vendors
- Solid decision making skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Respond to requests in accordance with agreed upon delivery date, meet deadlines
Our competitive benefit program includes:
- Company paid pension plan
- Company matched savings plan
- Medical and dental benefits
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid STD and LTD insurance
- Company paid AD&D insurance
- Physical fitness subsidy
- Annual short term bonus eligible
Must be able to work in Canada on an indefinite basis. Thank you for your interest in our organization. We will only be contacting candidates selected for interviews.
Indeed - 7 months ago