INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, speciality chemicals and oil products. It comprises 12 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 51 manufacturing facilities in 11 countries throughout the world.
INEOS is characterised by the following strengths:
- High-quality and low-cost production facilities
- Well-invested plants
- Large plants that benefit from economies of scale
- Favourable locations
- Experienced management
- Leading market positions
- Operating diversity - products, customers, geographic regions, applications and end-use markets
Leading market positions allow INEOS to be the supplier of choice for many of the largest customers in our markets. This has translated into strong and long-term relationships with these customers.
The company continues to grow its profitability and cash flows through:
- Leveraging existing resources to expand sales
- Achievement of cost savings
- Extracting the full benefits of a vertically integrated business
- The management philosophy at INEOS is to operate a simple and decentralised organisational structure, coupled with programmes intended to incentivise our employees.
We currently have the following opportunity:
Turnaround Procurement Specialist
Job Type: Contract – Fixed Duration
The Turnaround Procurement Specialist will be an important member of the 2014 Turnaround Core Team, and as such, will help to deliver optimal business results for material and services procurement.
The position will report to the Site Procurement Manager located at the Joffre site.
Start Date is immediate
Finish Date approximately August 2014
Start Date: Immediate
End Date: August 2014
- Communicate with on site contractors and suppliers regarding Turnaround (TAR) services and materials
- Create bid documents outlining the scope of the services required for TAR
- Create bid summaries, recommend best option, and obtain appropriate approval
- Create and transmit SAP Purchase Orders (PO)
- Other Miscellaneous Procurement activities include:
- Tracking and reporting progress according to schedule on all activities
- Monitor, review, and track vendor supply and delivery problems – ie. late orders, wrong material, incorrect specifications or manufacturer, etc.
- Ordering and tracking of tools and equipment ordered for operations, maintenance, and TAR
- Ordering and tracking of rental equipment
- Support procurement requirements for TAR infrastructure (trailers, etc)
- Purchase of Administration supplies and stationary items
- Work with TAR and plant personnel to clearly understand requirements associated with any unique orders
- Regularly meet with TAR Planner(s) to understand site priorities and to share problems or delays in material deliveries
- As requested, obtain quotes for materials.; including determining source(s) of material, prices, and delivery expectations
- Follow up and expedite delivery of materials that have been identified as important by TAR and report weekly of current delivery status
- Actively work with contractors to ensure service level is appropriate, including:
- TAR work scope is understood
- Contractor provided equipment and TAR provided equipment are clear
- Safety expectations are understood and accepted
- Number and type of contractor employees that will be on site during TAR
- Time keeping and invoicing requirements are understood and accepted
- Rates are provided and confirmed
- Actively review costs of materials and rates to ensure competitiveness, including:
- Identifying and implementing opportunities to source materials and services from low cost acceptable suppliers and contractors
- Negotiate with supply vendors to eliminate or minimize cost increases
- Obtaining bids from alternative suppliers and contractors
- Document delivered procurement improvements and savings
- Maintain and store for easy retrieval bids /quotes and associated reports
Resolve on a timely basis purchase order and vendor invoice issues (ie. GR/IR Imbalances) associated with PO’s that you have created
- 10+ years of procurement experience with a minimum of 5 years in small or large project and/or TAR procurement experience
- Excellent customer service attitude and customer focus
- Fluent SAP MM experience
- Fluent in creating, issuing, tracking, and expediting purchase orders in SAP to meet customer requirements and site policies and procedures
- Efficient use of computer (Microsoft Office suite) and people resources
- Ability to work with minimal supervision yet accomplish all required tasks
- High customer focus and outstanding customer service
- Diligent and thorough worker
- Ability to resolve conflicts with customers and vendors
- Reliable means of transportation
- Willing to work extra hours as required to meet schedule
This posting will close once the position has been filled.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
Candidates applying for these positions must be eligible to permanently work in Canada or presently have the required approvals to work permanently in Canada.