The Warehouseperson will be responsible for ensuring that orders are accurately picked. Other responsibilities include maintaining an organized warehouse and assisting in inventory counts. The Warehouseperson must have the capacity for repetitive heavy lifting, and the ability to utilize necessary equipment , e.g. lift truck, forklift, etc. The Warehouseperson must understand the impact of this position to other business functions that depend on the accuracy and efficiency of warehouse operations. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring that all project materials are picked and issued to the projects.
- Load, unload, and move products and materials by hand or equipment.
- Use a forklift and other industrial equipment for unloading and moving products when needed.
- Responsible to ensure that inventory is maintained.
- Confirm inventory transactions are complete.
- Responsible for re stocking of warehouse shelves.
- Responsible for ensuring periodic cycle counts are completed and the results for the cycle count are recorded.
- Responsible for assisting in inventory counts.
- Responsible for ensuring that the warehouse is clean and that all parts are properly stored in their allocated location.
- To be punctual and available for a minimum of 40 hours of work per week.
- Perform work in accordance with IMW documented policies and procedures.
- Complete all applicable quality records.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum high school GED required.
- Some post secondary education preferred. Prefer a materials handling certification or equivalent experience.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and ocasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical proedures, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Forklift certified.
- Have an excellent knowledge or proper warehouse, shipping and receiving practices.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Have an eye for detail and pride in one's work.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must have a great work attitude.
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
In addition to your salary, IMW provides their employees with a generous benefits package:
- Comprehensive medical and dental plan
- Company matching RRSP contribution
- Standard vacation