Quality Assurance Manager
The Quality Assurance Manager defines and manages the Quality Management System under ISO 9001and is responsible for the implementation and continued use of the ASME and CSA B51 Quality Control Manuals.
- Manage all quality activities at IMW Chilliwack.
- Ensure that the Quality Management System (QMS) is established, implemented, maintained and improved in accordance with the ISO 9001 standard.
- Report on the performance and effectiveness of the QMS to senior management for review and as a basis for improement of the Quality Management System.
- Manage the quality system as defined in the ASME Section VIII Div 1 and CSA B51 Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code.
- Promote the awareness of customer and QMS requirements throughout the company.
- Define the Quality Plan for all products and projects.
- Assist Engineering and Sales in the evaluation of the quality assurance requirements of new products and projects.
- Manage product specific certification as required.
- Conduct training on the QMS.
- Investigate and review QMS and product quality problems and provide or recommend solutions.
- Provide statistical analysis on the QMS.
- Manage the nonconformance, corrective action, preventative action, and internal audit systems.
- Manage the systems for calibration, incoming QC inspection, and welder qualification.
- Supervise Quality Assurance and Quality Control employees.
- Perform work in accordance with IMW documented policies and procedures.
- Complete all applicable Quality records.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Senior VP, Global Operations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Diploma of Technology or Bachelor's Degree in Quality Management, or a suitable combination of education and experience.
- Black belt 6 Sigma is a definite asset.
- Must have at least 7-10 years relevant experience in the area of Quality Management.
- Strong understanding of Product Development Process.
- Strong written communication skills are required to assist in the creation and revision of procedures, work instructions, and forms. Writing skills are also required for creation of reports.
- Strong verbal communication and teamwork skills are required to interact with management, employees, and suppliers. Must feel comfortable interacting on the shop floor, asking questions, collecting data, training, and providing feedback.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of MS PowerPoint, MS Access, MS Visio and MS Project.
- Experience using ERP software.
- Experience with quality oriented software (SPC, calibration management, non-conformance, Minitab).
- Strong knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
- Good working knowledge of the ASME Sec. VIII, Div.1 Codes preferred.
- Good working knowledge of ERP software.
- Excellent organizational skills with superior attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and provide solutions using sound judgment and decision making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to teach others.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
In addition to your salary, IMW provides their employees with a generous benefits package:
- Comprehensive medical and dental plan.
- Company matching RRSP contribution.
Indeed - 22 months ago