IMW Industries is currently looking for a Mechanical Designer to join the Engineering team. The Mechanical Designer's work includes detail design and production drawings. The successful candidate will have a good understanding of ANSI drawing standards, manufacturing methods, and geometic tolerances. Drawing control and maintenance is very important and the Mechanical Designer is to play an important part in developing and improving drawing control procedures and company standards.
- Generation of detail manufacturing drawings.
- Generation of engineering BOM in AX.
- Development of 3D models using SolidWorks.
- Generation of standard toolbox libraries for 3D models.
- Ensure raw materials or parts are available as IMW standard / stocked materials.
- Control of drawings as per company procedures.
- Improving drawing control procedures and company standard practices.
- Set up of software system to ensure standardized drawing formats and model generation.
- Maintenance of part and engineering BOM in AX.
- Checking of drawings when assigned.
- Perform work in accordance with IMW documented policies and procedures.
- Engineering and Design Documentation Control (EN-2003-001)
- Engineering Design Process (EN-2003-002)
- R & D Projects (EN-2005-001)
- Design Change Control (EN-2003-003)
- Complete all applicable Quality records.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Engineering diploma or degree in mechanical (or similar) engineering or experienced machinist or fabricator
- Minimum 3 years of experience in preparing manufacturing drawings for fabrication and assembly.
- Experience with machine and component layout.
- Solid background with fittings, materials, fasteners, sealing components and standard parts available in the industry.
- Minimum 3 years experience using SolidWords for the production of layout and manufacturing drawings.
- Required to communicated with production staff and vendors. It is important to have adequate language skills to communicate verbally and in writing to ensure information is correctly documented and put into action.
- Formal training or experience in MRP software.
- Valid BC Driver's License.
- Good analytical skills are required to allow computation of engineering design parameters.
- Ability to analyze failure data to allow troubleshooting and finding root cause of problems.
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
In addition to your salary, IMW provides their employees with a generous benefits package:
- Comprehensive medical and dental plan.
- Company matching RRSP contribution.
- Standard vacation.
Indeed - 6 months ago
IMW designs, manufactures and supports a full range of compressor system products. We specialize in compressed natural gas (CNG) compressors...