In 1914, E.A. Wilson opened Ingersoll Machine & Tool in a small factory originally built to produce soap. Thus began a journey through time marked by passion, commitment, innovation, integrity and growth. The ensuing years were characterized by continued innovation and expansion. Now the IMT Group of Companies forms an organization that is recognized as a world leader in forging, machining and manufacturing components for customers in the transportation, OEM, defence, oil and gas, mining and aerospace industries around the globe.
IMT has a reputation for exceptional service and performance that has been earned over the years thanks to our team of hard-working, dedicated and professional employees. IMT is an organization made great by its people and we’re always looking for talented individuals with the ability to make us that much greater.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The selected candidate will work mainly from the INGERSOLL location. The position will include frequent travel between Ingersoll and the Niagara Region to support all Ontario IMT locations. This is a spectacular opportunity to join a rapidly expanding and technology forward manufacturing company.
Reporting to the Manager of IT, the Junior Developer/Analyst will be responsible for evaluating existing software and resources, modifying resources where necessary to increase functionality, correctness, reliability, efficiency, accuracy and data integrity. Development will be integrated with the corporate Microsoft Dynamics AX system. We are seeking an ambitious and idea-driven person with experience in a business environment.
- Comprehensive technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation
- Experience in database design and development in environments such as Visual Studio, .NET, Framework, ASP.NET, ASP, MS SQL Server, XML/HTML
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others, within and outside IT, to achieve results
- Familiar with SQL database administration, including business intelligence and SQL reporting tools
- Proven ability to provide technical expertise to audiences of varied IT knowledge
- Highly flexible and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with application and system development
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper coding standards
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other IT business tools
- Prior knowledge or exposure to ERP systems preferably Microsoft Dynamics AX is a plus
- X++ experience is desired but not necessary
- Ability to meet security clearance requirement
- Work with various departments to analyze current operating procedures, identify issues and opportunities for improvement
- Provides frequent user support by responding to inquiries for assistance for specific applications
- Corrects specific system problems by identifying, documenting and correcting system issues
- Prepare time estimates for completing development projects
- Prepares training reference documents, instructs users and provides guidance on computer hardware and software systems developments and modification
- Automate repetitive business processes where able
- Researches, designs and implements new systems where existing systems cannot be sufficiently upgraded to meet latest needs or where no systems exist to address specific user needs
- Builds interfaces between existing systems as well as new systems to be used both internally and externally
- Develop, manage and maintain interfaces with external systems
- Design and develop solutions to support data replication and warehousing
All interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources. Please reference the job title in the subject line of the email.
We thank all applicants for their interest in IMT, individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. No agency inquiries please.
As IMT is a supplier of Canadian government designated controlled goods, the successful applicant must be willing to consent to a security check which may include a criminal background check.
IMT is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce.
Visit our website: www.imtcorporation.com