IMT is an integrated manufacturer of highly engineered metal components and services for a variety of industries worldwide. Our strength is spirit of invention, entrepreneurial culture and collective experience. We make your ideas work. We continue to experience successful growth as we approach our 100th anniversary.
JOB TITLE: Manager of Information Technology
SUPERVISOR: Chief Information Officer
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Equivalent
EXPERIENCE/PROFICIENCY: 7-10 Years’ Experience
HOURS: 40 per week
Analyze information related to computer technology to assist company management in the selection of software and hardware to meet the needs of the organization. Analyze, appraise, evaluate and solve problems of a difficult procedural, organizational, administrative or technical nature.
- Excellent communication skills – oral, written and listening.
- Good computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of current applications and trends in MIS technology.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Strong work ethic
- Present a professional image as a representative of the company.
- Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with co-workers, and every level of management.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in MIS technology and remain highly technically competent at all levels of data processing while striving for enhanced user productivity through implementation of new software technology where applicable, and the implementation of policies that more effectively utilize MIS resources.
- Establish and maintain relationships with contractors and equipment suppliers.
- Proactive, self-starter.
- Willingness and ability to learn new things.
- Ability to work well with both staff and vendors.
- Perform all supervisory responsibilities associated with the IT department including employee related issues.
- Enforce company IT policies and procedures as a member of management for all employees.
- Prepare long and short-range plans for application selection, systems development, and acquisition of the resources needed to support them. Assure responsiveness of long-range plans to corporate objectives.
- Determine the goals of IT within broad outlines provided by the executive management and contribute to the continuity of computer services by providing necessary technical leadership and project coordination.
- Forecast costs, equipment and personnel needs for projects and programs as required and related to MIS operations.
- Office environment with occasional plant floor visits.