We are currently seeking a Quality Assurance Coordinator to join our team of skilled professionals.
QUALITY ASSURANCE COORDINATOR
Ensures quality products and processes through testing and inspection at various stages of production process, and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability.
- Requires thorough knowledge of products and production processes along with statistical control procedures, design, and testing procedures.
- Uses principles of science, engineering, and mathematics to solve practical testing and quality control problems.
- Selects products for tests at specified stages in production process, and tests products for variety of qualities, such as dimensions, performance, and mechanical, electrical or chemical characteristics.
- Records test data, applying statistical quality control procedures.
- Interprets engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas, and confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Evaluates data and writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- May set up and perform destructive and non-destructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure performance, life or material characteristics.
- May prepare graphs or charts of data or enter data into computer for analysis.
- May specialize in particular area of quality control engineering, such as design, incoming material, process control, product evaluation, inventory control, product reliability, research and development, and administrative applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering. Mechanical or Chemical Engineering degree preferred.
- Certificate in quality management or a major in quality management is an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant manufacturing experience.
- Ability to travel, work shifts and weekends as required
- Promote quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the plant
- Develop, implement, communicate and maintain a quality plan to bring the plant’s quality performance and its quality system into compliance with corporate standards
- Effectively interact with teams to maintain product supply and help develop and/or improve new products
- Work with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements and audits from external suppliers
- Ensure compliance with national and international standards and legislation
- Establish clearly defined quality methods for staff to apply
- Define quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff
- Set up and maintain controls and documentation procedures as well as the posting of KPI results
- Liaison with Sales team to ensure the execution of corrective actions and compliance with customer’s specifications
- Prepare clear explanatory documents outlining root cause investigation of customer complaints and taking action to implement corrective action plans
- Monitor performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports
- Organize and manage quality assurance functions in close cooperation with Quality/Research and with the management team
- Identifying relevant quality-related training needs and delivering training
- Collect and analyze performance data and charts against defined parameters and reporting the results/action plan in Monthly Raw Material Variance meetings
- Ensure tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out and evaluated and that product modifications are investigated if necessary
- Supervise technical staff in carrying out tests and checks
- Bring together staff of different disciplines and drive the group to plan, formulate and agree comprehensive quality procedures
- Persuading reluctant staff to change their way of working to incorporate quality methods
- Manage and maintain the plant’s quality inspection and product release programs for incoming and in-process materials and components, processes and finished goods
- Formulate and manage the development and implementation of targets, objectives, policies, procedures and systems pertaining to the QA/QC
- Set QA compliance objectives and ensure that targets are achieved
- Drive cost saving initiatives, drive down seconds and waste and significantly reduce the cost of poor quality
Indeed - 2 years ago
Founded in 1987, I. M. Systems Group, Inc. (IMSG) is a rapidly expanding company serving Federal Government, Department of Defense, and...