The Maintenance Supervisor position is an integral member of the site leadership team responsible for maintaining/improving equipment maintenance and reliability processes to optimize efficiency, productivity, reliability, cost, quality, safety and customer service while focusing on the people relationships required to get results. This position requires exceptional people, project and time management skills complimented by a collaborative leadership style with an open approach to communication.
- Supervise maintenance department focusing on championing a change effort to improve cross functional opportunities for processes and systems and developing proactive strategies.
- Establish a high level of safety, health & environmental performance through communication, monitoring and revision of performance standards.
- Establishes a positive employee and labour relations climate by conducting and participating in activities that contribute to an effective working relationship with both union and non-union employees.
- Promotes teamwork at all levels of the operation.
- Ensures a high level of productivity through the effective communication of the performance standards required to ensure the safe and efficient operations.
- Continually evaluate employee skills and training requirements to improve work quality and safety.
- Prepare recommendations for major repair, replacement, upgrade and new processes
- Ensure proper documentation and complete reports (compliance, checklists, audits, work orders, spreadsheets, metrics, incident investigations etc).
- Interface with production on downtime, shut down planning and winter preparedness.
- Improve housekeeping to ensure a healthy and safe working environment.
- Maintain a high level of awareness on safety and environmental compliance by understanding and representing all regulations, policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Drive accountability for both results and actions of direct reports through education, motivation, documentation, development and behaviour based coaching.
- Facilitate root cause analysis (5 why, fishbone etc) with maintenance, production and engineering.
- Supervise unionized maintenance employees.
- Schedule outside vendors and contractors for work requirements.
- Facilitate daily crew safety talks.
- 5+ year’s supervisory experience in a maintenance industrial setting (crushing, screening or mining experience an asset).
- Certified Tradesperson or an Engineering graduate of a Technical college/University.
- Working knowledge and experience with a CMMS (computerized maintenance management system) and application.
- Experience with advanced maintenance technologies (vibration analysis, oil analysis, thermal imaging etc).
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong computer skills to include Microsoft outlook, excel, work, MS project and AutoCAD (would be an asset).
- Strong maintenance knowledge to include reliability concepts, processes and methodologies.
- Experience with process safety management and creating a culture where all accidents are preventable.
- Proven ability to build morale, lead change and continually improve the performance of the team.
- Exhibits values of integrity, respect for others, teamwork, collaboration and accountability.
- Experience working in a unionized environment.
- Drive to influence positive change with continuous improvement activities in the areas of safety, labour relations and productivity.
Indeed - 13 months ago