Electrical/Control Systems/SCADA Engineer
Successful Candidate in this challenging role will need to be self-motivated and possess strong client service and communication skills, with the ability to build effective working relationships.
Education and Experience
- A degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, as well as a PEng designation (registered or eligible for registration with APEGBC)
- Extensive experience designing, configuring and supporting industrial controls and SCADA devices on a data network, including HMIs, PLCs, RTU’s etc.;
- Proven experience managing multiple projects simultaneously or a single project of major size and scope
- Experience specifying instrumentation, standard and smart
- Experience preparing quotes
- Have valid passport to travel * Must be willing to travel internationally
Specific Accountabilities and Deliverable (will include but are not limited to):
- Design, develop, build and supervise the manufacture, installation, and operation of electrical control systems and SCADA systems
- Provide engineering expertise in areas such as PLC’s, RTUs, SCADA, MCC’s, motors, VFD, instrumentation, and control system networks.
- Management and coordination of all project processes from budget preparation, financial approvals, schedule and cost estimates, risk and quality management, project execution and closure
- Evaluates, designs, and supports the most highly technical and complex aspects of industrial controls and SCADA communications, infrastructures and related real time system, under minimal direction;
- Design, oversees implementation of, and maintains highly advanced network strategies to meet a broad spectrum of business needs as they relate to industrial controls and SCADA networks;
- Configures communications equipment including routers, switches, firewalls, IPS’s and IP VPNs for connecting telemetry, SCADA and other industrial control devices/SCADA devices including RTUs, PLCs, HMIs, etc.;
- Specifies and procures items such as PLC’s, SCADA, MCC’s, motors, VFD and Instrumentation;
If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume
Indeed - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Founded in 1987, I. M. Systems Group, Inc. (IMSG) is a rapidly expanding company serving Federal Government, Department of Defense, and...