The positions are based are based in Calgary and on-site at a project north of Fort McMurray, Alberta. The on-site work will be on a rotational basis. 2 weeks/ 1 week
- Surveying field work, including but not limited to, design topography, construction layout, operation of 3D Laser scanners and as-built surveys;
- Measurements and calculating alignments, grades, quantities, etc.
- Quality Assurance/Control tasks, including all levels of audits;
- Perform general office, data management and survey administrative duties.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge to manage and plan multiple workloads for the timely delivery of product to Clients.
- A diploma and 2 to 5 years related survey experience with GPS and conventional methods. A Degree in Geomatics Engineering will be considered a strong asset.
- Knowledge and/or diverse experience associated with mining field operations.
- Familiar with project plans, specifications and contract documents.
- Working knowledge of:
- Digital terrain modeling in Civil 3D, Trimble Business Centre (TBC) or other Digital Terrain Modeling software
- Highway/municipal survey, design, Field Services Work
- Occupational Health & Safety Regulations
- Earthworks construction, equipment, engineering survey/layout and drawings/plans
- Inspection procedures, contract management and administration.
- Previous experience in the oil sands, dyke construction or other large-scale projects is a definite asset
- Knowledge of quality management and auditing, computer systems and application programs (AutoCAD, TBC, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel) an asset.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings, technical manuals and specifications.
- Experience with LiDAR and or 3D laser scanning considered an asset.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
Indeed - 13 months ago
Founded in 1987, I. M. Systems Group, Inc. (IMSG) is a rapidly expanding company serving Federal Government, Department of Defense, and...