IMEX Transport requires an afternoon Traffic Supervisor for their Delta, BC location.
Reporting to the Senior Dispatcher, the Traffic Supervisor has three main areas of influence:
- Monitoring driver paperwork to ensure maximum revenue from freight collected
- Maximizing payload and revenue in outgoing trailers.
- Analyzing driver timesheets and performance
In accordance with current operating standards, company policies and procedures and in the best interests of the Company and its customers, the Traffic Supervisors responsibilities include:
- Ensure that drivers perform the proper duties to maximize billable services
- Supervise dock workers to maximize payload and work efficiency.
- Monitor, report and retrain when damages occur
- Coordinate the servicing and inspection of branch equipment with the shop personnel.
- Ensure drivers are maintaining their equipment (swept after jobs, reporting maintenance etc)
- Monitor the rotation of load bars and logistics equipment
- Ensure all orders and trip events are recorded in TMW in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Ensure that invoicing and driver time sheets are completed daily.
- Ensure drivers are filling in all applicable details on the BOL’s for billing purposes.
- Analyze driver timesheets for KPI’s
- Ensure the Company meets all customer requirements noted on BOL
- Any changes to weights or dims are to be communicated immediately
- Service failures and/or incidents involving drivers and clients are to be brought to the attention of the Dispatch Manager or designate.
Safety and Regulatory
- Maintain a safe and productive work environment
- Monitor weight limits in trailers
- Prepare incident reports where appropriate
- Ensure Dangerous Goods paperwork and placards are utilized
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Good knowledge of the local transportation industry
- Experience in LTL, TL and hazardous commodities is essential
- Advanced communication and supervisory skills
- Self-motivated and able to work without supervision
- Experience in computerized environment
- Solid working knowledge of Truckmate (TMW)
- Ability to manage time and other resources effectively to the benefit of the Company
- High School Diploma required.
- Three to five years of related experience and/or training
$20-$25hr (Depending on experience)
Medical and dental benefits after 3 months (voluntary and shared cost)
This position requires a motivated individual capable of managing their own time as well as others. The job requires an early afternoon start to coincide with the heaviest freight times of the day. Daily tasks will fluctuate between both office and dock/warehouse duties.
We thank you for your time, but only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews.