Summary: Position provides technical expertise while working in a consulting and project execution role. Consultant will be working as a member of a cross disciplinary team implementing and integrating enterprise sustainability management information systems.
General Job Duties:
The duties of the Technology Consultant include the following; these responsibilities may be modified and other duties may be assigned to meet the needs of the business:
- Analyze customers' business requirements and technology objectives; develop a project design to meet customers' business needs.
- Perform system installations, upgrades, and troubleshoot system issues.
- Perform data conversions from historical data sources.
- Establish data integration points between customer’s production applications and IHS applications.
- Create custom forms, reports, triggers; build and test load procedures; and manage databases including restore of staging, test, production environments
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related Technical degree.
- Minimum of 2-3 years related experience.
- Experience with MS SQL Server and Oracle required.
- Experienced in multiple software implementations.
- Knowledge of SQL Query Language required.
- Experience with setting Apache Tomcat and WebLogic.
- Knowledge of XML, SOAP, AJAX and LDAP preferred.
Other skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each critical duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the levels of knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform the job at acceptable standards.
- Microsoft developer certification preferred.
- Previous experience interacting with customers.
- Understand the concepts of EH&S, Risk Assessment, Product Compliance, and Crisis Management domains and their respective unique terminology. (preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including: writing, editing, and presentation.
- Detail-oriented, creative and able to work independently.
- PC administration & troubleshooting skills and knowledge of Microsoft Windows Products
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
Experience gathering user requirements and developing specifications
Experience supporting a production environment
Familiarity with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) concepts
Middle Tier & Web Application Development
Indeed - 17 months ago