IHMS is facility service provider for clients in Alberta.
For one of our sites, we are looking for up to two Power Engineers / Maintenance Professionals.
This position is available as an LMO position (work permit IS available)
We will provide relocation assistance.
A 3 bedroom residence in Wabasca is available for the successful candidate at a reduced rent.
The Power Engineer will be responsible for the day to day operation of the building, including: plumbing, heating, and ventilation systems ; He/she will also performs preventative maintenance checks, routine surveillance of the building systems, minor maintenance of the building system, moving furniture, and receiving stock delivered to the facility.
This person works alone approximately 50% of the time; the other 50% of the time there may be another Maintenance Worker present on the same site but who may be otherwise engaged. This position currently requires the worker to be on call for after hours/weekend emergencies (with pay).
- Perform repair maintenance and installation duties on complex mechanical systems including air and vacuum systems, HVAC system, dishwashers, boilers and other equipment
- Monitor and check operation of boilers, cooling systems and pure water systems
- Complete required and preventative maintenance repairs, adjustment of carts, troubleshooting and repair of basic electronic components
- Assist journeymen or other maintenance staff with various maintenance, such as installation or repair projects
- Make recommendations regarding major repairs and adjustments. May make requisitions for supplies and/or equipment and other administrative duties
- Participate in developing and updating maintenance programs
To qualify for this position, you must have:
- A post secondary education in a related field and/or 1 year technical training in a related field.
- A minimum 5th Class Power Engineer Certificate
- A valid driver’s license
- Pass a basic criminal record check