A Member Service Representative at Bankers Hall Club receives members and guests, and helps organize and administrate the central hub of the club. Every single experience originates at our front desk and you are often the first impression.
Member Service Representatives are able to work towards a fulfilling career in the fitness industry, whether that means Reception Management, Fitness Consultant, Personal Trainer, or General Manager.
This is a full-time position. Schedule times will vary between 7:00am-6:00pm; Monday through Friday.
402, 315 - 8 Avenue S.W.
We are located on the fourth floor of the Bankers Hall Retail space, easily accessed by the +15.
- Greets and acknowledges members upon arrival and departure
- Greets and acknowledges guest while maintaining the Guest Register
- Working knowledge of the specifics of the club: rules, programs, layout, etc. to assist members
- Answer the phone and obtains appropriate information, transfers calls as necessary and maintains telephone inquiry records
- Follows and records an established rotation system for guests and telephone inquiries
- Handles member service matters such as booking a member up for training appointments, helping a member with the lost and found, taking a member’s ID card picture, and processing a change of address
- Enters all membership agreements and other Aphelion-related paperwork that were completed on shift
- Processes all monetary transactions on the Aphelion system
- Balances the cash drawer and checks all agreements against receipts for accuracy and adjusts all errors made during shifts at end of the shift
- Completes and files paper work
- Handles member service inquiries where applicable, according to company policies
- Surveys and keeps the reception area in an orderly and clean appearance
- Touches up the locker room with every visit
- Attends required training and meetings
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- Command of English language, to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbal and written
- Generate, maintain and demonstrate a friendly, enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Professional and polite telephone etiquette
- Cash handling experience
- Customer service experience is an asset
- High school diploma or GED an asset
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Ability to work independently
- Organize and prioritize multiple tasks and responsibilities to meet deadlines
- Operate office machines: computers, calculations, fax, scanners, photocopiers and interact
- Show initiative for all aspects of the position
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for extended periods of time. The employee occasionally walks and reaches with hands and arms and frequently lifts and or moves up to 20 pounds.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.